Default ports

Use this forum to flesh out your feature request before you enter it in <a href="http://dcpp.net/bugzilla/">Bugzilla</a>.

Moderator: Moderators

bastya_elvtars

Default ports

Post by bastya_elvtars » 2005-10-25 15:23

Little, but I saw that fallback to passive on UPnP failure is removed, and thought of the idea that DC++ should come with pre-specified ports thus it could make some people's lives easier.
For instance, I manage a firewall and it has a default deny for inbound, then I allow them for some ports. Now if there were default ports for DC++, I would not have to explain the people how to set it up.
Don't know if it would help others, though, but other P2P programs have this.
Hey you, / Don't help them to bury the light... / Don't give in / Without a fight. (Pink Floyd)

ivulfusbar

Post by ivulfusbar » 2005-10-25 16:10

From changelog DC++ 0.20

Code: Select all

A random free port between 1025 and 32000 is now used in active mode, unless a port specifically has been set. This port is changed on every restart to avoid problems with networks where traffic on certain ports is limited or banned. If you have a firewall that requires a certain port to be used (incoming traffic), go to the settings and set it (your best pick is a random one in the above noted range) (setting not kept from previous version). DC++ requires that both TCP and UDP data can reach the client on this port. To find out the ip/port currently in use, type /connection in a hub window. 
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.

bastya_elvtars

Post by bastya_elvtars » 2005-10-25 16:15

OK, then verbal education remains... it would be a bit suspicious to put onto the website of the campus, eh? ;)
Hey you, / Don't help them to bury the light... / Don't give in / Without a fight. (Pink Floyd)