sounds for chat?

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

freehope

sounds for chat?

Post by freehope » 2004-11-08 15:26

in new version maybe it will interesting to have sound when a private message is send to us because when i reduce my dc++ i don t know if a private chat begin or continue after a pause....it will good to have this, i think a sound for each sentence or for a begin of conversation..

and also for OP a sound definite for every user (a sound to choice for a particular nick) that come in or leave a hub to know when nick1 ou nick 2 is on the hub if dc++ is reduce in task bar ...

also, possibility to activate microsoft agent or similar for conversation? chat or private for hearing conversation in speaker ??

a possibility to incopore a complete modern chat with an user ? ( webcam + audio??)
a possibilite to have emoticons??? in fact all the good thing for a chat, dc++ not use actually all the possibility for hub or chat but maybe some of them are practise for p2p exchange ....

:idea:

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-11-08 15:54

1) File | Settings | Logs and Sounds |
** Make an annoying sound when a private message window is opened **

2) Some mods have more customizable sound options, check them out.

3) DC++ will never incorperate features for voice or video. There are many other programs out there dedicated for this.

4) Many DC++ mods use emoticons, once again go check them out. A nice table of them is here: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6513

freehope

earing conversation for chat?

Post by freehope » 2004-11-11 18:44

a solution for earing conversation like "text to speech"?
when it s typing it s read in real time ..
a plugin for trillian do this a plugin or other solution to do also here ??
:roll:

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-11-12 03:25

Windows can do this for you, for anything that is displayed on the screen.

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-11-12 08:16

BSOD2600 wrote:Windows can do this for you, for anything that is displayed on the screen.
Man, that would be annoying. Imagine your computer spitting out "OMGWTFBBQ!!11 LOL!!!".

A scary thought. ;)
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-11-12 13:23

Damn, I must be super bored. I found out what it would sound like...

http://bsod2600.home.comcast.net/davoice.mp3

freehope

choice for sound in pm?

Post by freehope » 2004-11-21 17:45

hello

ok i see how have sound for pm
but it s a sound by default :-\
maybe it will be interesting to could configure or choice a sound in computer for recognize it when we have differents programs running with same sounds.... :roll:

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-11-21 17:58

That was hilarious. :D

But it didn't say OMGWTFBBQ, which makes me sad. :(
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2004-11-22 01:14

It is really saying OMGWTFBBQ!!11 LOL!!! even though you can't hear the first part of it. If you use Microsoft Sam insread of LH Michael or LH Michelle it will be clearer.

freehope

sound for pm

Post by freehope » 2004-11-22 19:39

ok i see you don t understand what i wanna mean ...
i m not talk about "text to speech" now, but i talk for the second idea :
it s about sound for private message
i see it s possible to have sound when we receive a private message (cool when window is reduct) but i have a sound by default (a sort of "ding") but i use other program in same time with this "ding" also that dc++
and i don t could know if it s a private message or it s another program and it s why i must open all program running for see if it dcc++ pm or if it s the other (like message error for example on another )
and it s why i think it will cool to could configure this sound (without use text to speech for this case) just have choice for not having a "ding " when i receive a private message but a sound of my choice...i don t know if it s possible in actual time (only possibility to have a sound it s seem in preference when we receive a private message) ...and i hope in possibility to choice another with a root in preference for an other sound for p m....

i don t know if you understand well what i wanna mean cos i speak before about two possibility
1- text to speech
and
2 - choice for a sound different that default sound

and in this last post i wanna just talk about "2"

it s more clear for you now??? :-)))

:idea:

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-11-22 22:16

Once again, several DC++ mods (like czdc, idc, ldc, and strongdc) all have a feature allowing you to specify the PM sound, along with many others.

jack216

Re: choice for sound in pm?

Post by jack216 » 2004-11-28 08:15

freehope wrote:hello

ok i see how have sound for pm
but it s a sound by default :-\
maybe it will be interesting to could configure or choice a sound in computer for recognize it when we have differents programs running with same sounds.... :roll:
yes example it could play "its a long way to tipperary" song, everytime when msg comes.

most of the ppl dont like sounds, since almost every software has feature for sounds (mostly enabled by default, how lame is that `? )
u get the feeling that programs are controlling your desktop, they behave like they would own the whole computer, like msn lame messenger (which, thank god i succesfully deleted) wants to PEEP everytime u get the message/person comes online/ u receive E-mail. noted, these features can be disabled tho.

nevertheless, basic idea is lame, and this kind of features only support the attitude which is quite common these days " you have to be able to answer every msg´s immediatly, if u are online, u must answer".

when the older attitude was/ is that " i will answer u when im ready will it be tomorrow, or nextweek"
and this is only one issue, u can make more wider conclusions from this subject