add this?

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

freehope

add this?

Post by freehope » 2004-11-02 09:41

hello

in next version it will be cool to have :

1- possibility to search in two hubs "friends" simultany with only a connection on 1 hub

2- have a icone in dc++ to manage is "hub-server" also directly from dc++

3- have a acces web to dc++ ( serveur web) to manage dc++ from a acces distant from an other computer , with administrator right ou invite right ( like emule)

4- a script or solution, to make reliability between "irc and the chat room"
or also to join in this chat room an aol user directly (or other)for discution only with the all the hub

5- include html insert in chat or private chat

we hope it will be possible :-)

Lundis

Post by Lundis » 2004-11-02 10:01

All of them are stupid, and they have nothing to do with the development of the regular dc++.
Except for number 5, which is just stupid.

Herodes

Post by Herodes » 2004-11-02 15:05

basically you want dc++ to become eMule ..

know this ... It will never happen .. none of those ..
many because it is not possible in the dc Protocol ...
and others because ( i agree with Lundis ) they are stupid ..
[url=dchub://greekcyprus.no-ip.org].::+LiVe-¦-OnCE-¦-WaiT-¦-foR-¦-eVeR+::..[/url]

freehope

mouarfff

Post by freehope » 2004-11-04 10:12

immobilism is stupid !!!!
and maybe it s you the great stupid to say that is stupid without understand evolution possible in this

for example control via web in dc++ it s înteresting if you are in holidays for watch from where you are if all your dc++ is not K.O or if it run correctly in your home and control it , or also from works...

stupid is you !!!!! maybe better solution is finally some plugin possible with all people can choice what they want !!!

liberty on dc++ , yeaaaa !!!!!

revolution in your mind !!!

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: add this?

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-11-04 10:53

freehope wrote:in next version it will be cool to have :
Most people would like their features in the next version of DC++, but I hope you can understand that it's not always likely. There are a lot of feature requests in the old tracker and our new bugzilla (about ~120 are open right now), and so there are a lot of old requests to service as well.
freehope wrote:1- possibility to search in two hubs "friends" simultany with only a connection on 1 hub
The original NMDC had a feature like this, but it required the hubs to support it. It also had the disadvantage that although you could get results from the remote users, you couldn't tell when they were online.

This is a hub-side feature, ideally, and can be done in a way transparent to the user. ADC hubs may do this. Or one of the existing hubs that support linking.
freehope wrote:2- have a icone in dc++ to manage is "hub-server" also directly from dc++
You can manage your hubs already if you set up User Commands, which you can even have the hub send to your DC++.
freehope wrote:3- have a acces web to dc++ ( serveur web) to manage dc++ from a acces distant from an other computer , with administrator right ou invite right ( like emule)
There's a DC++ mod that has this feature, PhantomDC. There may be more.

Remote management of DC++ would be neat, at least to some users, but there's a lot more interactivity with DC than other P2P networks - of users being at their computer to participate in private and public chat, so I don't see this as a pressing issue. This feature is also a large feature, code wise.
freehope wrote:4- a script or solution, to make reliability between "irc and the chat room"
or also to join in this chat room an aol user directly (or other)for discution only with the all the hub
There are scripts for individual hubs to link chat between the hub and an IRC channel. This functionality doesn't belong in DC++.
freehope wrote:5- include html insert in chat or private chat
No. DC++ doesn't and will not support colorized chat, and using HTML (or mIRC color extensions) is particularly ugly for users who don't have the latest client (or have one for a different platform.) As such, this will not make it into DC++.

Herodes

Post by Herodes » 2004-11-04 11:27

freehope :

Plugins are there for those who want ... its open source and there are clients based on dc with additional features such as scripting and media players and so on ...

Dont go running your fingers along 'S' 'D' 'T' 'U' 'I' 'P' keys because the results u get are not the results u expect always ...

btw .. how do you feel that someone with detailed knowledge on the subject, like garg, wasted his time on your requests ?
[url=dchub://greekcyprus.no-ip.org].::+LiVe-¦-OnCE-¦-WaiT-¦-foR-¦-eVeR+::..[/url]

funvill

Re: add this?

Post by funvill » 2004-11-08 23:47

GargoyleMT wrote:
freehope wrote:
freehope wrote:3- have a acces web to dc++ ( serveur web) to manage dc++ from a acces distant from an other computer , with administrator right ou invite right ( like emule)
There's a DC++ mod that has this feature, PhantomDC. There may be more.

Remote management of DC++ would be neat, at least to some users, but there's a lot more interactivity with DC than other P2P networks - of users being at their computer to participate in private and public chat, so I don't see this as a pressing issue. This feature is also a large feature, code wise.
This feature would be useful for people like me,
i spend most of my time working on my laptop but i have a file server at home, that i use to download and store all my media,
Nightly copy all the media that i think i will need the next day.

currently I’m using http://www.realvnc.com/ as a remote admin to my file server, but its slow and not as nice, but it works.

i would like to see this feature implemented also...

i will look in to PhantomDC thanks GargoyleMT.