Yall here about IntraDream Direct Connect 3?

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

Roger_Willis

Yall here about IntraDream Direct Connect 3?

Post by Roger_Willis » 2004-10-11 14:15

Hey

I've been looking around the net for diffrent direct connect clients and i found this site www.intradream.com, they are those people that made idc2 well seems like they are making a idc3. looks like a real cool project. check it out

Roger

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2004-10-12 00:11

Lol. Gotta say that was one of the lamer attempts of stealthy advertising i've seen.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-10-12 11:01

Version 2 either could not, or had problems with, uploading files.

As talkative as Tim was, Intradream DC isn't a good client.

IntraDream

Post by IntraDream » 2004-10-29 12:35

Todi wrote:Lol. Gotta say that was one of the lamer attempts of stealthy advertising i've seen.
Todi im not sure what your refering to, if your suggesting someone at intradream was advertising through the post made by
Roger_Willis then you are incorrect, as far as I (Tim Marin) know this post was not affiliated with us in any way.
GargoyleMT wrote:Version 2 either could not, or had problems with, uploading files.
As talkative as Tim was, Intradream DC isn't a good client.
I may have been "talkative" but I think my stand was pretty much always no one should use IDC 2 I always tried to
make it clear that I wrote the software for myself :
IntraDream wrote:Yea it was a bit of a rush I spose. I did just start a new job, but i released it for several
resons ... I do apolagize if you have been banned for some reson while using this and yes
I did rush the upload code, Spent alot of time getting the d/l's to run somewhat stable.

Coincidently I mentioned creating a new version back then, which I infact did and it had several cool features*
but frankly i got another new job and didnt feel like making it ready for public use. Since then i have begun another
version for myself although its going very slowly because i just dont have the time anymore. I released IDC 1 - 2
To Give people ideas for new clients. Some people loved some hated them, but I didnt really care much either way.

Anyway to bring everyone up to date. Carsten the cofounder of socalled IntraDream has decided to make a new version
of IDC(IntraDream Direct Connect) [not to be confused with iDC a dc++ clone]. I have yet to be a major influince in this
version so I would not recommend bringing critism from IDC 2 to this new client. He also has redisned the website and
put up a new forum. I personally cant wait to see IDC 3 or any other client that we could call "good", Ive yet to see one
no offence Garg/Todi/Arnet, just this whole system is based on an ever increasingly gay protocol.

On aside note, thanks to those of you who where able to use IDC and had at least some good experience.
I appreciate the emails.

*New Feature

Above I mentioned a feature that was in my personal copy of IDC that im hoping will be in IDC 3.

Preview Mode.

It works along side multisource downloading but basicly it focuses all sources on the first 10% of large files
and dosnt move to the next 10% untill that section is complete. The result in my case was after about 5 min of downloading
> 1500 mbit (about 180K/s) i was able to watch many streaming movies with the help of "AVI Preview". Any client supporting
multisource transfers now I highly recommend this feature.

I wish i had more time to keep up to date with this forum and DC in general and personally make a better client for people.
Maybe someday.

Timothy Marin, IntraDream.com

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-10-29 12:59

IntraDream wrote:I may have been "talkative" but I think my stand was pretty much always no one should use IDC 2 I always tried to make it clear that I wrote the software for myself
I recall that well, but... ah well, you understand. ;)
IntraDream wrote:I have yet to be a major influince in this version so I would not recommend bringing critism from IDC 2 to this new client. He also has redisned the website and put up a new forum. I personally cant wait to see IDC 3 or any other client that we could call "good", Ive yet to see one no offence Garg/Todi/Arnet, just this whole system is based on an ever increasingly gay protocol.
Haha, noted.