(Default DL Dir + Unfinished DL Dir) AND Fully Finished Dir

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

iLikeDC++

(Default DL Dir + Unfinished DL Dir) AND Fully Finished Dir

Post by iLikeDC++ » 2004-07-01 06:39

{ first of all sorry for posting here, and not in the new bug area.. firstly i used to prefer the SF new-feature reporting area.. secondly.. the new bug area.. well it's not a bug.. its a feature i want.. anyways.. i just found it a bit confussing in there.. so sorry!! :oops: }
--
The feature am after is.. you know there is the Unfinished Download Directory for where the temp files go.. and then there is the Default Download Directory for where Individual Ready files go.. well i was thinking that a Finished Folder Download Directory location should be added..
This would be for when all the contents of a folder are ready. With this method when i download example a folder eg: album.. i wont need to check between WinExplorer and DC++ that album XYZ is partially complete or fully complete (ie: removed from DC++). The temp location would still be used.. and so would the default location, but once a folder is complete it can be 'moved' by dc++ the Finished-Folder-Dir.. Just Hope Other people would find this feature usefull too... :wink:

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: (Default DL Dir + Unfinished DL Dir) AND Fully Finished

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-07-01 10:54

iLikeDC++ wrote:the new bug area.. well it's not a bug.. its a feature i want..
That's why there's an "enhancement" priority. Bugs and RFEs go in the same place now. This is a much better system for us.
iLikeDC++ wrote:The feature am after is..
already requested in the old tracker.

Nameless Cyborg

Post by Nameless Cyborg » 2004-07-28 13:11

yeah,

i would like this feature aswell, maybe it could be some kind of refined.
The main interest i have in this idea, could be some kind of knowing, if a folder, where u have - for example an album - is finished completely.
i too have to check all my ready d/l if the album is still there or not ... it sucks.

cyberal

Re: (Default DL Dir + Unfinished DL Dir) AND Fully Finished

Post by cyberal » 2004-07-31 08:11

GargoyleMT wrote:
iLikeDC++ wrote:The feature am after is..
already requested in the old tracker.
Nameless Cyborg... you should pay attention... ^
http://whyrar.omfg.se - Guide to RAR and DC behaviour!
http://bodstrom.omfg.se - Bodströmsamhället, Länksamling om hoten mot vår personliga integritet