after-hashing?

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

daviee

after-hashing?

Post by daviee » 2004-04-06 04:02

Now, even though it's pain in the ass I don't mind my computer doing the hashing once, the problem is, the disk just won't calm down even AFTER it says that the file list has been updated and there's still some process in the background which consumes a significat part of resources, any idea what THIS might mean, anyone?

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Post by Guitarm » 2004-04-06 04:32

If you give us some specifics by, for example, putting up your process-list and look at which p grabbing most of your CPU/time it would be so much easier to help you.

G

Naga

Post by Naga » 2004-04-06 04:56

Another thing: how do you know that hashing is finished? As far as I can see in my logs DC++ never tells when all files are done, just when a single file is done.
Thanks to all open source programmers!
They enable the rest of us to learn a lot!

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Re: after-hashing?

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-04-06 17:13

daviee wrote:the problem is, the disk just won't calm down even AFTER it says that the file list has been updated and there's still some process in the background which consumes a significat part of resources, any idea what THIS might mean, anyone?
You don't know if its DC++ or some other program...

Open up the task manager and click the proceses tab. Enable the page faults, I/O read, and I/O write columns. Watch the numbers to find out which process(es) are the most active. Alternatively, a less scientific method would to get Sysinternals Filemonitor and see which processes are reading/writing to the disc constantly.