DC++k

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2003-07-03 14:13

I still seem to have problems with the junkfile checker. example:
[12:09] <BSOD2600> User [ICP]OPS-PSV Junk files found - 282.30 GB was junk, Stated share = 160.20 GB, Real share = 19.05 GB.

I manually got the guys filelist and he had 7 20GB AVI files in ADLSearh = 141.15GB.

So there still is something funny with the math you're using...

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-07-03 14:36

Would /startchecking 216000000 make the client only re-check users every hour? ...does that value mean something different?

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-07-03 16:35

BSOD2600:
Hmm... strange.
<PING>
Of course!

Ehm... the junk file detection thingy looks into ALL directories currently. And then it sees several versions of the same file, thus increasing the junk file amount!

... the best way of solving this is to let go of the junk file thingies and use the ADL Search (forbidden file option), since ADL Search is a) easier to configure and b) will result in that the filenames will be presented to the user.

But I'll see if there is some easy way of checking if a directory is an ADL Search directory and excluding 'em from the junk file search.

OLDoMiNiON:
No, the value is (I think) the amount of time to wait between every user.

Sarf
---
This is precisely the sort of thing that people who like this sort of thing will like.

Indrid

Post by Indrid » 2003-07-03 22:47

is the solution to get rid of these message an anti-mldc script? or can it ignored somehow?

User ogeizs has been banned because: Too even share size - 11534336 B = 11.00 MB - the share size was divisible by one megabyte.

Indrid

Post by Indrid » 2003-07-04 00:08

also i set my dc++k client to /chatonly and it keep kicking ppl but i didnt see any file lists being d/led.

sarf

Response and v0.25105594k

Post by sarf » 2003-07-04 01:17

Yes, Indrid, getting rid of ML Donkey clients will stop most of those messages.

If DC++k is set to chat only it CAN'T download filelists (nor anything else), it is chat only. Alright?

Oh, and yet another version hits the shelves :

Code: Select all

-- 0.25105594k --
* Fixed so that the junk file check does not check ADL Search directories
   thanks to BSOD2600 for reporting this one!
Sarf
---
In this world, truth can wait; she's used to it.

Linkan

Post by Linkan » 2003-07-04 05:40

is the solution to get rid of these message an anti-mldc script? or can it ignored somehow?
I don´t think you will get rid of these message because, DC++k finds mldc faster then the script.
This is your OP MrLinkan© at [Sweden][Örebro][DC++ Network]

Good night, Örebro.... wherever you are....

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-07-04 05:56

Hi!!!

Is there away so I can give access to, say a special nickname, so he could use this commands in private with dc++k: /addforbiddenfiles; /removeforbiddenfiles; /showforbidden; /checkshare; /stopcheckshare; /startcontinuouschecking;
/stopcontinuouschecking; /reportcheaters.

I’m suggesting this, because now I have my dc++k in another machine and if I had those commands accessible by remote it would be much easier.

Thanks and keep up the great work,
[PT]Devilishly

cyberal

oDCk

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-04 08:07

I would really like a k version of the DC++ mod oDC.. :)
or atleast that neat nick search feature it has..
http://whyrar.omfg.se - Guide to RAR and DC behaviour!
http://bodstrom.omfg.se - Bodströmsamhället, Länksamling om hoten mot vår personliga integritet

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-04 08:16

Indrid wrote:also i set my dc++k client to /chatonly and it keep kicking ppl but i didnt see any file lists being d/led.
This is because the byte size check is done BEFORE any filelists are downloaded, right when DC++k recieves the MyInfo from any user.

If you don't want it to kick I suggest you turn this feature off in settings\advanced\Consider too even share to be cheating.
http://bodstrom.omfg.se - Bodströmsamhället, Länksamling om hoten mot vår personliga integritet

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-04 08:18

[PT]Devilishly wrote:Is there away so I can give access to, say a special nickname, so he could use this commands in private with dc++k: [PT]Devilishly
Great suggestion! If sarf decides to implement this, maybe he could add some other triggers too :)
Maybe this could be put together with the "exclude users from check"-modding of "favorite users".. one *Exclude from check-box and one *Accept remote commands-box :D

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-07-04 09:10

Currently, there is no easy way to implement remote-commands. Well, I could do a quick fix to get some of the commands working in five minutes flat, but due to how the commands are implemented, I can't do all the commands (more specifically : any commands that require access to the hub window object or who returns information in the form of strings) due to how the commands are implemented). Also, it is much easier (at least for me 8) ) if you use a good third-party remote administration tool - TightVNC is a good one, just make sure that you use 8 bits, JPEG encoding with low quality and you should experience no problems.

Sarf
---
"There are many questions which fools can ask that wise men cannot answer." - George Polya (1887-1985)

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-07-04 10:08

sarf wrote:Also, it is much easier (at least for me ) if you use a good third-party remote administration tool - TightVNC is a good one, just make sure that you use 8 bits, JPEG encoding with low quality and you should experience no problems.

Thanks, maybe that will solve my problem :D

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-04 10:50

Hello all!

1. I'm having troubles with doing some good user commands to the right click-menu. This is what I'm trying to do:

kick %[nick] Don't share installed files (%[file])
And this is what I get in the main window:

<Gatekeeper> The user 'xxxx' was fucked by [OP]R200 because: don't share installed files (g:\sierra\half-life\install.log). His IP was: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
[16:12] <[OP]R200> kick xxxx Don't share installed files (g:\Sierra\Half-Life\INSTALL.LOG)
The thing I want with this one is to get the part that Gatekeeper says in the middle bar (under main chat) and not in the chat. And I also dont like the command visible in main. I would like it to work like the built in kick command that only kick and puts the "[OP]R200 is kickin xxx because: something"
Is there something wrong with the command or is it just like that?

2. The raw-command would be nice to be able to get to the user commands. eg. $kick and all other $-things

3. Would be nice to have some functions and user commands in the filelist-view too. I don't always know what I search for so I download an userlist and check it manually and if I find something "illegal" I would now have to manually "copy" the filename to the search-window and from there execute my commands. At least oDC has the copy-function in right-click menu with options for what to copy eg. filename, nick, path...
But the user-commands would be nice to have in the filelist-view directly.

4. The "Automatically check filelist on new users" function should have an option to be only enabled when I'm an op so that I wouldn't have to uncheck it whenever I connect to an other hub were I'm only a normal user.

5. Is there some "all-in-1 list of commands" available where would be all commands listed eg /addforbiddenfiles, /checkshare and all the other commands starting with /?
They are now spread all over in the features-lists and some are on the web on your features-webpage.

Thats all what I had in mind for now, can't really remember anything else at this point, took me too long to write all these things down...

You are doing very good with all these releases of yours, keep up the good work! :)

cyberal

DC++k Guide

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-04 11:34

I have written a little DC++k Guide, plz give me comments/suggestions etc.

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-04 11:46

Thanks cyberal, that helps a lot! :)

Now I can edit my question 5 to:

5. Could all those /-commands be put together with all the other /-commands in the list that I get when I type /help in main chat-window?

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-04 11:49

R200 wrote:5. Could all those /-commands be put together with all the other /-commands in the list that I get when I type /help in main chat-window?
good suggestion, shouldn't be that hard

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-07-04 11:50

R200 wrote:The thing I want with this one is to get the part that Gatekeeper says in the middle bar (under main chat) and not in the chat.
Sorry, but I can't make heads or tails of this one.
R200 wrote:And I also dont like the command visible in main. I would like it to work like the built in kick command that only kick and puts the "[OP]R200 is kickin xxx because: something"
Well, then you should be able to use the built in kick command thingies. The problem is probably due to a lack of understanding how DC++ does a normal kick.
R200 wrote:Is there something wrong with the command or is it just like that?
If I have to choose, then the command is "just like that". :)
R200 wrote:2. The raw-command would be nice to be able to get to the user commands. eg. $kick and all other $-things
Yes, but this would necessitate "breaking" old commands, since the user commands are pre-formatted (and thus not raw).
R200 wrote:3. Would be nice to have some functions and user commands in the filelist-view too.
[snip]
I'll consider it.
R200 wrote:4. The "Automatically check filelist on new users" function should have an option to be only enabled when I'm an op so that I wouldn't have to uncheck it whenever I connect to an other hub were I'm only a normal user.
Perhaps. On the other hand, the continous checking is what people are supposed to use (damn! and it should work, too!).
R200 wrote:5. Is there some "all-in-1 list of commands" available where would be all commands listed eg /addforbiddenfiles, /checkshare and all the other commands starting with /?
[snip]
No.
The commands I have added are :

/versionoverride
/chatonly
/officialslots or /publicslots
/checkshare
/stopcheckshare
/cheatingreport
/raw or /rawsend
/multe
/startcontinuouschecking or /startchecking
/stopcontinuouschecking or /stopchecking
/showforbiddenfile or /showforbidden
/addforbiddenfile or /addforbidden
/removeforbiddenfile or /removeforbiddenfile
/filelistmaximumallowedsize or /filelistmaximumallowed or /filelistallowedsize or /filelistmaximum or /filelistallowed
Hope this helps.
R200 wrote:5. Could all those /-commands be put together with all the other /-commands in the list that I get when I type /help in main chat-window?
Yes. I probably won't, as I am too lazy to do it.

Sarf
---
Rose tint my world and keep me safe from the trouble and pain...

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-07-04 11:58

Hmm... added the new commands to the /help command after all (was easy after I had made the list myself).

Sarf
---
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-04 12:04

about using raw commands in user commands, sarf, can't you just remove the $ & | check in the command textbox, then we can use /raw <string> and send it to main chat??

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-04 12:12

hmmm... Thanks :)
R200 wrote:
The thing I want with this one is to get the part that Gatekeeper says in the middle bar (under main chat) and not in the chat.

sarf wrote:
Sorry, but I can't make heads or tails of this one.
What I was trying to say is that I don't want the bot's kicking response to be visible in the main chat either as I don't want my kick-command there.
There is the bar in the middle of the whole dc++k, called statusbar I think, and thats the place I want those kicking messages to be.
Just like in the integrated kick command in right-click menu, the bot responses in the statusbar.
Is it mainly because the user commands are kick or !kick (or whatever) and the the raw-command is $kick which I cannot use in user commands?
Well, then you should be able to use the built in kick command thingies. The problem is probably due to a lack of understanding how DC++ does a normal kick.

Now I couldn't make heads or tails off your answer...

I still thank you for your answers...... :)

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-04 13:06

R200 wrote:What I was trying to say is that I don't want the bot's kicking response to be visible in the main chat either as I don't want my kick-command there.
That is your hub software/scripts that control the command responses, nothing sarf can do anything about I think. About that you kick command shows in main chat, don't you have a bot you can send it to instead?

Alexandros

Post by Alexandros » 2003-07-04 16:29

is there any way to check the users when they enter the hub...?? or in a period of time...like every hour?...

[MASTER]Spookie

Post by [MASTER]Spookie » 2003-07-04 17:09

checking every new user connecting if you mark it in the settings

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-07-04 18:34

/startchecking checks way too often - "re-check clients" makes no difference.. on or off. :(

sarf

v0.25105595k

Post by sarf » 2003-07-04 19:33

R200:
Currently, when I post things to the "chat", I can't seperate kick things. I understand if this is a problem - if so, try the "Suppress cheating messages" which will work (but will not give any output at all).
What I meant was that you can send a $Kick message, and if your hubsoft gives any output then I am sorry, but that's not my fault. :)

cyberal:
Indeed, using /raw in the user commands would be a neat way of solving this problem. <PING> Added to the newest version. Will work as expected if you do not send the command to a user, in which case it will send a PM containing your raw data.

OLDoMiNiON:
Yes. This will be looked into when I... <ahem> make the time. I still stand by my previous statements - it should work.

New version out! Changelog :

-- 0.25105595k --
* Discovered that some abusable commands were still enabled
   enabled the reporting of 'em - sorry for this one!
* Added /help entries for the new commands
   thanks to R200 for inspiring me to do this!
* Added /raw (and /rawsend) command capability to user commands
   beware - use this AT YOUR OWN RISK! All "normal" %[] are available as usual
    thanks to cyberal and everyone else for suggesting this!
* Updated the homepage links, may give some people an easier time browsing my site
   thanks again to cyberal!
* Fixed so that the forbidden files property is loaded and saved!
   thanks to spookie for this one!
I'm sure there are nasty bugs in this one, but right now I wanna sleep. Tomorrow is slomo day! Don't expect any frequent updates. If you want a "working" version, go to the working client version page. Enjoy!

Sarf
---
Due to circumstances within our control, tomorrow will be cancelled.

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-05 04:27

cyberal wrote:
R200 wrote:What I was trying to say is that I don't want the bot's kicking response to be visible in the main chat either as I don't want my kick-command there.
That is your hub software/scripts that control the command responses, nothing sarf can do anything about I think. About that you kick command shows in main chat, don't you have a bot you can send it to instead?
ok, but still there is the original Kick command in the usermenu that does it the way I like it. :)
sarf wrote:R200:
Currently, when I post things to the "chat", I can't seperate kick things. I understand if this is a problem - if so, try the "Suppress cheating messages" which will work (but will not give any output at all).
What I meant was that you can send a $Kick message, and if your hubsoft gives any output then I am sorry, but that's not my fault.
Thanks for adding the raw-command possibility into the user-menu, but...
I'm using this command now:

/raw <%[mynick]> %[mynick] is kicking %[nick] because: Incomplete file (%[file])|$kick %[nick]
... and I get the response in the statusbar as I want it to but the user doesn't ever get kicked. :(

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-05 04:28

WONDERFUL sarf! :D
/raw in user commands works like a charm, just tested it..
finally I can make preset kicks... yessss

I use this as command:

/raw $To: %[nick] From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> my cool kick msg|$kick %[nick]|

NO MSG i main :)

Great job sarf!

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-05 04:44

cyberal wrote:That is your hub software/scripts that control the command responses, nothing sarf can do anything about I think. About that you kick command shows in main chat, don't you have a bot you can send it to instead?
Hmmm, let's say I'm still using this script:

How am I supposed to be able to send it to the bot when I'm in main chat and clicked the user and selecting the user-command?

Could this work now that /raw is possible:

$To Bot $<%[mynick]> kick %[nick] Don't share installed files (%[file])

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-05 04:46

cyberal wrote:WONDERFUL sarf! :D
/raw in user commands works like a charm, just tested it..
finally I can make preset kicks... yessss

I use this as command:

/raw $To: %[nick] From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> my cool kick msg|$kick %[nick]|

NO MSG i main :)

Great job sarf!
oh crap, I forgot to put the last | in my command, thats why it didn't work!
Thanks cyberal for pasting in your command... :)

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-05 05:14

No, it still doesn't work:

/raw <%[mynick]> %[mynick] is kicking %[nick] because: Incomplete file (%[file])|$kick %[nick]|
Am I missing something? The first part works fine, but the kick never happens...

Correction to my earlier post:
Hmmm, let's say I'm still using this script:
Code:

How am I supposed to be able to send it to the bot when I'm in main chat and clicked the user and selecting the user-command?
The question should be:
How am I supposed to be able to send it to the bot when I'm in the search window where the file is and clicked the user and selecting the user-command?

XeroXâ„¢

Post by XeroXâ„¢ » 2003-07-05 05:53

Like the /raw feature very much sarf .. very nicely done :)
Code:
/raw <%[mynick]> %[mynick] is kicking %[nick] because: Incomplete file (%[file])|$kick %[nick]|

Am I missing something? The first part works fine, but the kick never happens...
You need to change the $kick to $Kick .. with an capital K so like this:

/raw <%[mynick]> %[mynick] is kicking %[nick] because: Incomplete file (%[file])|$Kick %[nick]|

But i dont really see why you wanna use that command .. cuz its the same kind a kick when you just use the integrated Kick user command
The question should be:
How am I supposed to be able to send it to the bot when I'm in the search window where the file is and clicked the user and selecting the user-command
Try this:

$To: Botname From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> kick %[nick] Don't share installed files (%[file])|

Assuming your bot accepts the "kick" command send to him
ÜndèrGrøund® Ñètwø®k
http://www.udgnet.com

XeroXâ„¢

Post by XeroXâ„¢ » 2003-07-05 05:57

Double post
$To: Botname From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> kick %[nick] Don't share installed files (%[file])|
That would be

/raw $To: Botname From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> kick %[nick] Don't share installed files (%[file])|
ÜndèrGrøund® Ñètwø®k

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-05 06:08

Code:

You need to change the $kick to $Kick .. with an capital K so like this:

/raw <%[mynick]> %[mynick] is kicking %[nick] because: Incomplete file (%[file])|$Kick %[nick]|

But i dont really see why you wanna use that command .. cuz its the same kind a kick when you just use the integrated Kick user command
Thanks for the Capital K info, that solves my problem with that one.
The reason for me to use that one is that I get the path to the file in the reason so that I dont have to write it there manually.

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-05 09:18

Next problem:

/raw $To: %[nick] From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> You are being kicked because: Incomplete files (%[file])|<%[mynick]> %[mynick] is kicking %[nick] because: Incomplete files (%[file])|$Kick %[nick]|
This command does the response in main and it does kick but the pm never goes anywhere. The user never gets to see why he/she has been kicked.

Would it possible to make a delay-command to be used in commands eg.

$wait 500|
or

$wait %[line:Time]|
so that there would be an delay between different commands.
Either that I would have to set the time manually (ms) or only an integrated wait-period of 500ms (command would be then only $wait)
The point with this one would be to give time for the kicked user to see what he is being kicked for.

I just love the /raw thing, nice to experiment with different user-commands... :D

2nd problem: What is it with those users with 0 byte share that gets in, they don't get kicked and the filelist won't be checked from them at all? I always have to manually get rid of them.

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-07-05 10:07

I am currently working with adding $Wait <ms> and $Delay <ms> (the same command, really, but why not?). This will not be added to the fake share command currently due to different command handling (as well as the hope that I won't break that command, too).

While you wait for $Delay command capabilities, you might consider using a kick-bot of some kind, since it should be able to kick people (including IP-banning them if you have a good hub software).

Zero-byte users? No idea. If they do not get checked, it might be because you have the "Do not check users with zero byte shares" option enabled. I'd recommend using a minshare script to take care of them.

Sarf
---
Don't force it, use a bigger hammer.

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-05 10:31

sarf wrote:I am currently working with adding $Wait <ms> and $Delay <ms> (the same command, really, but why not?). This will not be added to the fake share command currently due to different command handling (as well as the hope that I won't break that command, too).
Ok, nice :)
sarf wrote:While you wait for $Delay command capabilities, you might consider using a kick-bot of some kind, since it should be able to kick people (including IP-banning them if you have a good hub software).
I have a good and kicking bot, but that wasn't the point.
sarf wrote:Zero-byte users? No idea. If they do not get checked, it might be because you have the "Do not check users with zero byte shares" option enabled. I'd recommend using a minshare script to take care of them.
I don't have that option enabled and I do have a minshare of 1 GB and everything between 1 byte to 999 MB is being kicked but the ones with 0 bytes stays there hanging.[/quote]

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-07-05 10:50

R200 wrote:I have a good and kicking bot, but that wasn't the point.
Really? Why not use that to kick users then? The $Wait/$Delay things are only good for kicking, as far as I know, so there no other reasons for them to exist.
R200 wrote:I don't have that option enabled and I do have a minshare of 1 GB and everything between 1 byte to 999 MB is being kicked but the ones with 0 bytes stays there hanging.
Then you should check out your bot. The hubs and scripts section of these forums are good for that kind of things.

Sarf
---
Often I think I am a special agent of Billy Graham.

sarf

v0.25105597k

Post by sarf » 2003-07-05 15:56

New version! Lots of fixes in this one...
Changelog :

-- 0.25105597k --
* Note that in the previous version (0.25105596k) I added so that the 
   "forbidden" ADL Search property was saved
* Fixed so that you can download filelists from users with *some* 
   strange characters in their nicks
    thanks everyone that suggested this - I didn't think it would be so easy!
     (credits to arnetheduck for making simple and good code!)
* Added the ability to consider "Could not open target file..." a cheat
   this MAY cause false positives, but if so, should do it on ALL you check
    thanks to the same everyone as above!
* Fixed the end-line characters still present in the forbidden files thingy
   also fixed so that "..." will only be added if there are other forbidden files
* As you can see, yours truly has gotten off his bum to do some real testing
   and gotten some things fixed - much easier to fix things when I can
   test them myself - I have to do this more often!
* Finally fixed the bug that caused ADL Search forbidden files to fail to 
    trigger the forbidden files cheating! A small logic error was the culprit.
   The offending code has been terminated with extreme prejudice and replaced
    with new, patriotic code. All hail Eris!
   thanks to everyone who reported this bug!
 -- 0.25105596k --
* Added BETA "$Delay <ms>" and "$Wait <ms>" command support to the user commands
   they will wait for the specified amount of time and then continue
    thanks everyone that suggested this!
* Updated the design of the features pages with the new design by Atomic Jo!
   all credits to (you guessed it) Atomic jo!
Please, tell me this one is bug-free... :lol:

Sarf
---
Blessed are they that run around in circles, for they shall be known as wheels.

XeroXâ„¢

Post by XeroXâ„¢ » 2003-07-05 20:03

Ok this game is called Spot The Donkey :wink:

Think there is something wrong with refreshing of userlist .. i had about 200 mldonkey in my userlist .. they were gone after i did an manual refresh of the userlist
ÜndèrGrøund® Ñètwø®k

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2003-07-05 20:30

XeroXâ„¢ wrote:Think there is something wrong with refreshing of userlist .. i had about 200 mldonkey in my userlist .. they were gone after i did an manual refresh of the userlist
I think its more a bug with NMDC Hub. I'm not sure why, but non-standard clients seem to "get stuck" in DC++/NMDC 2 user lists. A simple refresh clears the absent clients out...

Spear

Post by Spear » 2003-07-05 23:34

XeroXâ„¢ wrote:Ok this game is called Spot The Donkey :wink:

Think there is something wrong with refreshing of userlist .. i had about 200 mldonkey in my userlist .. they were gone after i did an manual refresh of the userlist
i have the same problem and thats on two hubs running on
*PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.2.4 IceCube IV build 1*
*PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.2.4 IceCube III Fix3*
and the latest dc++k client version 0.25105597-k

version 0.25105595-k works just fine :) good work love this client :P

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-06 04:10

Same problem here and some user commands make the dc++k to crash.
Only happens with the newest (0.25105597-k) version.

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-07-06 08:46

I am aware of the problem.

Please do not post "bug reports" here - mail me or PM me instead.

Sarf
---
Alpha test version: too buggy to release Beta test version: still too buggy to release Release 1.0: alternate pronounciation of beta test version

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-07 02:33

YEAH!
Looking good ppl! :)

Some Q:

1. Is anyone else experiencing problems with the "no slots despite DC++"-feature, alot of innocent users are beeing kicked over here, seems like DC++ somtimes says "no slots" once before letting the user load their list, DC++ bug?

2. Does anyone know if DC++k does anything upon recieving "file not available" on a filelist (the user manually deleted his list).

3. Anyone else that have problems with checked users NOT turning green?

4. Still problems with forbidden files, sometimes works, sometimes not.. weird.

sarf

v0.25105598k

Post by sarf » 2003-07-07 03:31

New version out.

Changelog :

-- 0.25105598k --
* Caved in to the demands and created a seperate page for all the 
   checkboxes pertaining to cheating
* Moved some options from the "DC++k Detector" page to the
   "DC++k Detector 2" page in the settings
* Probably fixed the user commands thingy
   thanks to every last one that reported this one!
* Fixed the bugs associated with selecting in the public hub list window
   my bad, I had made a small error while changing things around
    thanks to LaXu1 for reporting this!
* Added an option to remove ML Donkey clients
   they should be removed from the user list
   if you are an OP, you will kick them as well 
   (insulting them on their way out)
    thanks to everyone that suggested this!
* Added an option to remove ML Donkey clients silently
   some of you might not want to flood the chat
    this option is also marginally faster
   this option will (surprise!) kick the Donkey clients silently
* Added BETA BETA BETA support for opening downloaded filelists of users
   Please do NOT report bugs in this features!
    thanks to Gratch06 for this absolutely splendid idea!
* May have fixed the "slot-hogging" of the list checker
   thanks to cyberal for continually nagging me about this! ;-)
* Due to the my ISPs going down, this release was delayed a while
   perhaps that was a good thing, since I got some "nice" options done
Forbidden files checking works over here. There has been problems (DC++k client being quitting the hub it had joined) reported if you search for a string with two ADL Searches, once with source type filename and second time with source type directory.
I think this is something regarding ADL Search, and since I do not know enough about that I can't help you currently.

Sarf
---
Money is truthful. When a man speaks of honor, make him pay cash.

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-07-07 03:36

My bad, it was mai9 whom suggested the open downloaded filelist option, not Gratch06 (though I do not mean to say that Gratch06 is not a good person in any way whatsoever ;) ).

Sarf
---
Death is an illusion. Life is a hallucination. Taxes are objective reality.

R200

Post by R200 » 2003-07-07 04:37

cyberal wrote:YEAH!
Looking good ppl! :)

Some Q:

1. Is anyone else experiencing problems with the "no slots despite DC++"-feature, alot of innocent users are beeing kicked over here, seems like DC++ somtimes says "no slots" once before letting the user load their list, DC++ bug?

2. Does anyone know if DC++k does anything upon recieving "file not available" on a filelist (the user manually deleted his list).

3. Anyone else that have problems with checked users NOT turning green?

4. Still problems with forbidden files, sometimes works, sometimes not.. weird.
1. I don't know.
2. I don't know.
3. Yes
4. Me too

Having problems with 0.25105598k, getting unhandled exceptions all the time.
Yes I did send an email about it including the txt file but the description is false. It does crash even if I don't do anything at all.

MaZaKa98

feature suggestiono

Post by MaZaKa98 » 2003-07-07 04:49

Hi Sarf,

how do you think about to implent an ALIAS function of the commands available in dc++k?
what I mean is, that we have the opportunity, to create our own ALIASES for specific commands,e.g.

instead to type: /versionoverride we only need to type /vo
of course, this has to be individual, which means he can choose and create whatever alias for that specific command /versionoverride

another example, instead: /startcontinuouschecking we just need to type: /scc to execute that command, or /sc ...or whatever...

we of course have to define the aliases first just like in mirc :)...I only thought some commands are soooooo long....e.g. /filelistmaximumallowedsize

I hope you got what I tried to explain :)

MaZaKa98

ps: feedback appreciated
...with great power...comes great responsibilities...

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-07 05:08

DC++k Detector 2

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Lovely sarf! :D