DC++k

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-16 04:19

Looking into this.

I've moved the ThreadedGetList creation to when the hub-window is created. The other error (crashing when someone connects to you very fast) is eluding me at the moment.

I'll see if any ideas hit me on the head later on today, otherwise I am releasing the current version with its bugfixes.

By the way, it's often better to PM me with the info, since then this topic does not get cluttered as much (thinking about asking GargoyleMT to make a "DC++k error reporting topic" and sending half the posts there). :)

Sarf
---
A sucking chest wound is just nature's way of telling you to slow down.

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-16 06:11

Fixed some issues (I hope).

Changelog :

Code: Select all

-- 0.251055k --
* MuLTe edition (murky)
* Added a possible trap to a lock error
   thanks to Mr. Guest for this one
* Note about lock errors
   when these occur, I am not too sure what the problem is - 
    it might be because of an overabundance of threads,
    or something like that - and thus I can't often fix them
* Added another command example to the raw command howto
   thanks to Fake Id for making me do this one
* Added an option to suppress all cheating reporting to the hub window
   thanks to Fake Id for suggesting this

-- 0.2510541k --
* MuLTe edition (wobbly)
* Added a possible fix to a crash problem
   thanks to Atomic Jo for this one
* Fixed so that the fake share command is only sent when it's supposed to
   thanks to Spookie for getting my attention about this
All mirrors except passagen (and maybe Atomic Jo :) ) are updated at this time (e.g. use the www.fukt.bth.se one).

Sarf
---
Never sign a contract including any of the phrases "sort of", kind of", or "and stuff".

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-16 11:45

..whats wrong with this kick command please?

$To: %[nick] From: %[mynick] :: <%[mynick]> You are being kicked because you are either faking your share amount [Stated share: %[statedshare] :: Realshare: %[realshare]] OR your DC++ is showing the "No Slots Available" error, when your filelist is selected for download. This should not happen with DC++ as it always has a spare slot for filelists! Questions? - Check out our website at www.essentialsets.net!| $Kick %[nick]|

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-16 11:48

hmmm i mean this:

$To: %[nick] From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> :: You are being kicked because you are either faking your share amount [Stated share: %[statedshare] :: Realshare: %[realshare]] OR your DC++ is showing the "No Slots Available" error, when your filelist is selected for download. This should not happen with DC++ as it always has a spare slot for filelists! Questions? - Check out our website at www.essentialsets.net!| $Kick %[nick]|

Shinonome

Post by Shinonome » 2003-06-16 12:43

OLDoMiNiON wrote:hmmm i mean this:

$To: %[nick] From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> :: You are being kicked because you are either faking your share amount [Stated share: %[statedshare] :: Realshare: %[realshare]] OR your DC++ is showing the "No Slots Available" error, when your filelist is selected for download. This should not happen with DC++ as it always has a spare slot for filelists! Questions? - Check out our website at www.essentialsets.net!| $Kick %[nick]|
Two Brackets in the Bold text?

Shinonome

Post by Shinonome » 2003-06-16 12:55

Shinonome wrote:
OLDoMiNiON wrote:hmmm i mean this:

Two Brackets in the Bold text?
Should not be like this?

$To:...<%[mynick]> !kickban %[nick] %[line:: You are being kicked because you are either faking your share amount::] %[realshareformat] %[line:: OR your DC++ is showing the "No Slots Available" error, when your filelist is selected for download. This should not happen with DC++ as it always has a spare slot for filelists!::] |

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-16 13:47

no, bacause i do not have a bot that understands the !kickban command ;)

I'm using opendchub u see!

I want it to send them a disconnect message, then kick the user using dc protocol ($Kick) - simple as that.

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-16 15:25

It might be the space between the pipe and the dollar sign : "| $Kick" should be "|$Kick".

But tell us, what happens when you use the command? If they do not get disconnected then it's probably because of this space, but otherwise...

Sarf
---
Any given program, when running, needs debugging. Any debugged program is obsolete.

Shinonome

Post by Shinonome » 2003-06-16 17:41

OLDoMiNiON wrote:no, bacause i do not have a bot that understands the !kickban command ;)

I'm using opendchub u see!

I want it to send them a disconnect message, then kick the user using dc protocol ($Kick) - simple as that.
LOL...sorry :D i put that because is the one i use :P..but well ..i was thinking there was something about the brackets and the %[line] mixed with a command without being closed before (that's why you put there two bracket's? ).As you can see i put there two of them (another after the "real share" with the line OR....etc etc)

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-16 18:48

well, afaik, nothing gets sent. I tried sending a message to my nick aswell as to the kicked user, but to no avail.. it just finds the faker, and doesn't do anything about it for some reason.

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-17 04:59

I've used the command you specified successfully. I've yet to try the kick, though.

The kick worked fine. I tested this with an out-of-the-box NM DC Hub.

I would recommend you to use this command instead of the one you used before :

$To: %[nick] From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> :: You are being kicked because of %[cheatingdescription]. Questions? - Check out our website at www.essentialsets.net!|$Kick %[nick]|
This should work fine.

Sarf
---
Hey, you've got a third eye! Uh, never mind... it's just a spot of dirt in the middle of your forehead.

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-17 05:59

Ok, thanx mate, i'll give it a shot.

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-17 06:08

hmm, it gives the reports in the chat window, e.g. "*** User Alextrance Mismatched share size - zero bytes real size, stated size = 10.94 GB, real size = 0 B"

But it seems the command it not sent :-S ..and Yes, i'm an OP. ;)
Is there any tick box i'm missing?

sarf

v0.2510551k

Post by sarf » 2003-06-17 06:58

PM me (or mail me) your DCPlusPlus.xml file and I'll see.

I'll make a small test to see if there's a logic problem with the latest version.

Note that the command WILL NOT be sent if this is not the first time you check the user - this is a "bug" in the current version and is fixed in my version. So, if you've already detected that someone is a faker (but didn't have any fake share command then or had one that does not work) that command would not be sent.

Yep. Worked like a charm.

Releasing new version - changelog :

-- 0.2510551k --
* Added support for XML hublists
   thanks to Atomic Jo for this one (and the fellas at hublist.org, of course)
* Added an option to allow rechecking of clients
   if this is done while activating continuous checking, 
    you will waste quite a lot of bandwidth
* Added beta feature : threaded continuous file checking
   start/stop with /startcontinuouschecking and /stopcontinuouschecking
    -or- /startchecking and /stopchecking
   this check will obey the "Do not check..." options but may re-check users
* Added an option to ignore "No slots available despite DC++..."
* Fixed so that when a filelist has been successfully downloaded
   the user will be no longer be considered a cheater
* Fixed so if you choose a few users in the user pane and use "Check filelist"
   they will be checked whether or not they have been checked before
* Fixed so that the nicks will be included if re-checking is disabled and you check cheaters
Sarf
---
Moderation is for monks.

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-17 09:59

It could be added an option, after getting the list from a user, it should be tested if he has free slots. If #true the client would choose a random file (size bigger than 10 MB) and try to download it. If the client received the message “File not available� or “no slots available�, it would assume the user were faking.

best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-17 10:55

[PT]Devilishly, anyone with a modified client worth its lameness should not say they had any slots available and then tell you that they had no slots available - there is no real reason to do so (not when you can join hubs with zero free slots).

This is also a bit hard to code, and since it won't give much (not like the share-checker has given) it will probably not be coded by me. Now, if someone had done a patch to this effect and sends it to me, then I would add it.

Sarf
---
Abortion kills, but so does McDonalds.

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-17 13:11

I understand your point… I had just asked that, because I tried to test dc++k to see if he could detect StealthDC. What happened was that if I didn’t use fake share, but if activated the options “Lock Slots� and “Send small files�, it didn’t detect it… He gets the file list and says that the user is ok.
If that option exist, DC++K could also get those users…

Anyway I won’t bother you with this. Keep up the excellent work!!! :D

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

XeroXâ„¢

Post by XeroXâ„¢ » 2003-06-17 13:18

Hi,
The /stopcontinuouschecking kind a doesnt work
I did the /startcontinuouschecking and after it checked the whole hub i wanted to stop it with /stopcontinuouschecking .. but it kept on adding users to the share checking and i couldnt stop it unless i rebooted dc++

greets
ÜndèrGrøund® Ñètwø®k
http://www.udgnet.com

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-17 13:41

Have you considered implementing these checks?

- Client with DC++ tag, and random lock & pk strings
- Client w/ DC++ tag, and other non-dc++ lock & pk strings. e.g. too many "ABC"'s in pk.
- Cleint w/ DC++ tag, showing a client version different to that shown in the pk string
- Client with blank lock or pk string
- Client which has a lock of all "A"'s, and a pk of all "B"'s
- Client w/ Incomplete DC++ or DC Gui tag
- Client with blank pk string
- Client with a pk string <> 16 chars in length for NMDC/DC++, or <> 15 for NMDC Mac client
- Client w/o tag, with a lock string outside the min/max char length of a lock string. (whatever that is)
- Client w/o tag, with a static lock string (in NMDC it changes upon each new connection from client-client) - not sure about other clients..
- Client w/o tag, with DC Gui lock and pk
- Client w/o tag, with DC++ lock and pk

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-17 14:50

XeroX?, thanks. I've fixed this in my version.

OLDoMiNiON, these are part and parcel of a lock/pk handler. As I've stated before, others are working on modified versions of DC++ with good handling of 'em - I don't feel the urge to butt in on their territory when I can simply wait until they publish them and then rip the code. :)

That said, there are some small preparations for making it possible for DC++k to react on the lock/pk.

Sarf
---
That which is not forbidden is mandatory.

sarf

v0.2510553k

Post by sarf » 2003-06-18 04:36

New (beta) version out. Any problems in it should be MAILED to me, since I will be gone a few days (for the midsummer).

Changelog :

-- 0.2510553k --
* Added experimental forbidden files checking
   add forbidden files with /addforbiddenfiles <forbidden file name>
   remove them with /removeforbiddenfiles <forbidden file name>
   show them with /showforbidden
   IMPORTANT! Do not add filenames containing the pipe "|" character.
    This will mess up the file checking.
   Currently, a case-insensitive check is done.
* Added check for forbidden files
   this will be found if the user shares more than zero bytes and 
    has a filelist size that is less than one hundred (100) bytes
   defaults to OFF
   thanks to Darkie for suggesting this one!
* Added check for too small filelists
   this will be found if the user shares more than zero bytes and 
    has a filelist size that is less than one hundred (100) bytes
   defaults to OFF
   thanks to xAyiDe for inspiring me to this one!
* Added check for too even share size
   this will be found if the share size contains more than six zeroes in a row
    OR if the share size can be divided by one megabyte and resulting in an integer
   currently this may be a bit dysfunctional, but it should not kick people without due cause
   defaults to OFF
   thanks to xAyiDe for inspiring me to this one!
* Fixed so that a user is not considered to be cheating when they are not supposed to
   e.g. when the settings say otherwise
* Fixed so that filelist downloads will follow the maximum download rules
* All of the above functionality is BETA (e.g. defaults to OFF)
   any bugs in them should be submitted to me by mail, since I will be gone for a few days
    (midsummer in Sweden means lots of food and alcohol - wheee!)
   because of this, you can download 0.2510552k at this place : 
   http://www.fukt.bth.se/~k/dcpp/working/

-- 0.2510552k --
* Fixed erroneous output with decompression error
   thanks, cyberal!
* Fixed some bugs with threads
   thanks, Atomic Jo!
* Fixed the stop continuous checking command
   thanks to XeroX?
Hope you do not find any new bugs in it.

Sarf
---
If you feel like you've got to lead, at least get out of my way.

cyberal

nice

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-18 07:49

great stuff!! :)
http://whyrar.omfg.se - Guide to RAR and DC behaviour!
http://bodstrom.omfg.se - Bodströmsamhället, Länksamling om hoten mot vår personliga integritet

[MASTER]Spookie

Post by [MASTER]Spookie » 2003-06-18 08:21

Great work Sar

1 good function could be that you have special raw command and mess for forbiden files and not the same for everything.

think sharefaking is bann and sharing forbiden files a kick

Spookie

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-18 08:38

yeah, thats a good suggestion, I'm thinking maybe the different "cheating triggers" could be lined up like the user commands box on advanced page. Like an entry for each cheat.. forbidden files, no slots dc++ etc.. the entry would contain: name, raw command, custum %[cheating description], on/disabled button. What do you think (not talking to you sarf, you should rest a while) ;)
http://bodstrom.omfg.se - Bodströmsamhället, Länksamling om hoten mot vår personliga integritet

dieselmachine

Stuff

Post by dieselmachine » 2003-06-18 09:55

I've been working on something along those lines... That being, a modified version of dc++k (minus the fakeshare/fakehub bullshit) designed to maintain a hub. It's been working out pretty well, and i should have a version ready for download pretty soon if anyone cares.

a few screencaps.
http://home.rochester.rr.com/c4dc/newbuild.jpg
http://home.rochester.rr.com/c4dc/rulespage.jpg

that is all. carry on.

powerup25

This is not a bug....

Post by powerup25 » 2003-06-18 17:58

... but take a look sarf, perhpas you can fix it:
--------------
*** User [PR]xxxxx Disconnected when downloading filelist
--------------
This occurrs when for instance you are connected in two hubs, and the user who you are trying to download is connected in the same two hubs.
Ex. User xxxxx is connected into hub1 and hub2 like me, i'm downloading a file from this users by hub1, after make a search for other file and found in the same user xxxxx, i have decided to queued for download, DC++k is trying to dwonload the file list and then the file from user xxxxx in hub2, but i was currently downloading another file from this users in hub1, so the second connection is not possible at the moment, DC++k most check if the user you are trying to download is busy with another connection in other hub with itself before report this thing.
I hope you understand, my english is no good....
Byessss

cyberal

kickass client

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-19 06:18

looks real cool dieselmachine, looking forward to have this included in dc++k, will be a kickass client!!

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-19 06:19

Good thing this command for forbidden files checking!!!
But why not having the possibility to use the ‘*’ in it? Like “/addforbiddenfiles *Preteen*.jpg“ or “/addforbiddenfiles *.dll“
Why not also having the possibility to give the size of the file, as “exact size�, “more than� or “least than�?

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-19 06:30

[PT]Devilishly wrote:Good thing this command for forbidden files checking!!!
But why not having the possibility to use the &#8216;*&#8217; in it? Like &#8220;/addforbiddenfiles *Preteen*.jpg&#8220; or &#8220;/addforbiddenfiles *.dll&#8220;
Why not also having the possibility to give the size of the file, as &#8220;exact size&#8221;, &#8220;more than&#8221; or &#8220;least than&#8221;?

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly
agree, but I think this would require something easier than /addforbiddenfiles (think sarf likes looooong commands). Some graphical settings page would be nice! :)

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-21 08:00

If I were to add more functionality I would almost have to use some sort of ADL Search thingy. The easiest thing would actually be to "patch" ADL Search so that each search had a property lik "forbidden" which would trigger the mega-ban-thingy. Hmm... sounds good.

As said, the reason for not having a different command for every reason is simply laziness (currently). I am also thinking ahead a bit, because I do not want to patch DC++k to a new version of DC++ currently (too many patches all over the place).

The "hanging" "Download finished, idle..." thingies is something I will look into.

The rules page looks really good, dieselmachine. Hope you keep on working on it (despite me releasing lots of small updates all the time :( ).

powerup25, the problem you talk about is rather small, since my changes client are not made to use in "normal mode". I will see if there is some check I can make - but this would, naturally, postpone the checking of that user.

Sarf
---
Colourless green ideas sleep furiously.

XeroXâ„¢

Post by XeroXâ„¢ » 2003-06-21 15:40

*** User maffiamelker Forbidden files :

\e:\OKA-cd1.bin
\e:\OKA-cd1.bin

Sarf can you make that like:

*** User maffiamelker Forbidden files : \e:\OKA-cd1.bin

So when using %[cheatingdescription] in the raw command, the ban/kick reason is somewhat smaller

And it also adds the forbidden file twice .. that supposed to work like that?

greets
ÜndèrGrøund® Ñètwø®k

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-22 16:11

XeroX, bug reports should go to my mail.

Anyhow, no, forbidden files are not supposed to be added twice. I may change the look of the report if there is only one forbidden file.

Sarf
---
The only good Smurf is a dead Smurf.

sarf

v0.2510554k

Post by sarf » 2003-06-22 17:25

New version with some fixes - changelog follows:

-- 0.2510554k --
* Added new description for junk files to make it less like 
   the normal fake share report.
   thanks to cyberal for the suggestion!
* Fixed the "too even share" report
   thanks to all people who reported this!
* Fixed so that when a single forbidden file is detected it will be reported on one line
   thanks to XeroX(tm) for suggesting this!
* May have fixed the "multiple forbidden files"
   thanks to XeroX(tm) for reporting this!
* May have fixed the "do not check OPs" bug
   thanks to Spookie for reporting this!
* Will only try to send the fake share command once
   thanks to all people who suggested this!
It should be a bit less bug-infested.

Sarf
---
Fnord.
Fnord?
Fnord!

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-23 05:22

Hey sarf, when i had used /startchecking i found that my client crashed after a while with an unhandled error, however my users PMed me about 10000000 times saying this:

[10:37] <Gofra> what's the problem with sharedetect ?
[10:37] <Gofra> it's taking continuously my list
[10:37] <Gofra> and i'm not the only user :(
[10:38] <Gofra> 6 or 7 times in 10 minutes

A bug? or simply a side effect of the crash??

cyberal

keep 'em green

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-23 06:47

yeah, I have noticed that too, and maybe that feature is supposed to keep dl ppl lists, but I see no need for it.. all I want is to keep the nicklist green so that all users are checked at all times!

/startchecking should go through all users and then continously check all the users that change their share and/or reconnect to the hub.

If one would want all users to be checked again and again maybe a little "interval box" could be added to the settings where one could set no. of minutes that a checked user is considered unchecked again :)

may I also suggest some shorter commands, like /startcheck & /stopcheck or maybe a couple of buttons even :D

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-06-23 07:01

Yeah, buttons are good ;)

I think, like Cyberal says, it's over kil checking each users list, every few seconds, as it just eats up precious bandwidth/slots.. a much better way would be, like he said, to check a list when their $myinfo has changed atall.

[MASTER]Spookie

Post by [MASTER]Spookie » 2003-06-23 08:35

hey.

my client get unhandle exceotions when I logg into my hub, before any checks starts
:(

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-23 08:45

you know what to do spookie, get the info from exeptioninfo.txt and e-mail sarf about it..

psf8500

Post by psf8500 » 2003-06-23 10:53

Got my first unhandled exception today since using dc++k. had to go back to 0.2510553k. i cant send exceptioninfo.txt cos it says my OS is too old (Win2k pro)

Other than that... its a great client. keep up the good work sarf :)

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-24 09:48

Finally got rid of my summer school work (C laborations are... interesting).

First thing for people who do not want to re-check filelists, make sure that the recently added "Recheck clients" option is NOT enabled. <BONK> Oops. Forgot to add this option in the advanced client. Anyhow, that only means that it should not recheck users UNLESS they a) change their share or b) reconnect to the hub.

Buttons means that someone have to do graphics. I am lousy with graphics. Thus, no buttons. :)

This said, keep the exceptioninfo.txt files flowing, and please, PLEASE do not send me exceptioninfo.txt files that contain "DCPlusPlux!0xyzabc: ?" entries. ALWAYS send me exceptioninfo.txt files created by the latest DC++k version with the latest PDB file. Your mail will be received, but I will only send you a mail stating this as a response. This is to decrease the time all of us "waste" on bugs. :)

Sarf
---
Support the Math Illiteracy Tax - Buy Lottery Tickets

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-24 12:22

sarf wrote:<BONK> Oops. Forgot to add this option in the advanced client.
Damnit sarf ;) .. I've searched the entire client for this option
sarf wrote:Buttons means that someone have to do graphics.
no need for graphics.. text buttons will do fine

[MASTER]Spookie

Post by [MASTER]Spookie » 2003-06-24 12:52

text buttons or boxes works for me

Spookie

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-25 06:44

Well I’m trying to add the command “/showforbidden� in right click, in the “Settings� ->�Advanced� -> “User Menu Items�. I type in “Name�: Show Forbidden Files; and in “Command�: /showforbidden.
When I use this option, it sends to main chat “/showforbidden�, but what I wanted was to really use it as command.
Is there a way to do this or am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-25 06:48

I also wanted to implement the command “/addforbiddenfiles %[file]� in the search only.

Thanks,
[PT]Devilishly

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-25 07:08

don't know the solution to your problem, but I think your right click option should call the same function as the /showforbidden command calls.. you need to call it directly rather than trying to paste the command in main..

think it's a great suggestion though.. to have commands in a right click menu.. maybe the other commands.. such as /startchecking etc. could be put there also..

to have /addforbidden in the search would be great! :) Maybe with a little edit box too.. so if you right click a file and choose addforbidden an edit box would pop up and let you change the entry a bit..

good work :)

sarf

v0.2510556k

Post by sarf » 2003-06-25 11:29

Changelog :

-- 0.2510556k --
* Added an option to treat ANY junk files just 
   as if the user were fakesharing
    thanks to Mr. Guest for inspiring me to do this!
* Fixed (I think) the multiple forbidden files thingy
   also fixed the redundant display of the forbidden files
    thanks to XeroX for pointing out the bugs!
[PT]Devilishly, I've added your suggested feature to the next version. Sorry, but I didn't go to this board before making (and publishing) the new version of DC++k.

Sarf
---
Q: Do you know what the death rate around here is?
A: One per person.

XeroXâ„¢

Post by XeroXâ„¢ » 2003-06-25 12:19

* Fixed (I think) the multiple forbidden files thingy
also fixed the redundant display of the forbidden files
thanks to XeroX for pointing out the bugs!

Yep it works now .. cool :lol:

Greets
ÜndèrGrøund® Ñètwø®k

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-25 14:16

Why not also checking if there are clones in the hub?
It could be added a checkbox in the Settings->Advanced->Advanced settings, like “Consider using clones to be cheating�.
When a user was checked, it was also checked if his IP is being used by another nick in the same hub.

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

[MASTER]Spookie

Post by [MASTER]Spookie » 2003-06-25 15:04

sounds like a good thing [PT]Devilishly

clone option

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-26 01:50

naah, this is not good... what about ppl that are on the same IP but on different computers? A friend of mine lives in a neigbourhood where 200 apartments have the same IP to the Internet.. also many universitys have this.. IF a clone check should be implemented it must be based on more than the IP.. maybe share too ?