Slots Dedicated To A Hub?

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Liet

Slots Dedicated To A Hub?

Post by Liet » 2003-05-03 10:25

well, ive only been using dc++ since the v0.23x days, so im not sure if this was tried at one point, or how difficult the implementation of it would be, but it seems to me that the primary reason some hubs demand the use of the neo-modus client is because in dc++, opening 6 slots doesnt gareentee that you have made one or more available to that particular hub, most that do allow dc++ use an equation something along the lines of 2 x (# of hubs in), but even this is far from a gareentee, so if it could be set up in dc++ that you dedicate 2 slots to each hub or something to that extent, perhaps the ops against dc++ would reconsider, im not an op, i dont run a hub, but it seems to me that if i did, that would be my only gripe with dc++, and a rather minor one at that, so, this is just an idea, im not sure how easy its implemenation is or how well it will be recieved, and if you dont like it, dont worry, i my feelings wont be hurt

yakko

Post by yakko » 2003-05-03 10:57

I think having this as an option for hubs in the Favorite Hubs list would be a great idea. You could have a the main slot settings for all hubs, plus the favorite hub setting would let you specify dedicated slots for that hub.

cologic
Programmer

Post by cologic » 2003-05-03 14:34

This thread discusses the issue at length, though as a mandatory 'feature'; I would imagine the responses to its being optional will be different.

mai9

Re: Slots Dedicated To A Hub?

Post by mai9 » 2003-05-06 18:16

Liet wrote:but it seems to me that the primary reason some hubs demand the use of the neo-modus client is because in dc++, opening 6 slots doesnt gareentee that you have made one or more available to that particular hub
I feel that a good implementation of "Upload Queue" will solve that problem aswell.