dl from multiple sources

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

sam70001

dl from multiple sources

Post by sam70001 » 2003-04-27 13:26

to speed up transfer, hmm this may be a good thing but limit to 2 per files? :) This could also lead to abuse let say if you don't set limit and one person can leech from 10+ sources, leaving others with no slot to dl!

Moch

Post by Moch » 2003-04-27 14:24

There are threads on this subject already. I advise that you use the Search Link and find one of these threads and make your statement there.

(It is a good idea to do this before you make any kind of post, cause your question/statement/request may have been asked and discussed several times over already)

~Moch

sam70001

Post by sam70001 » 2003-04-28 02:32

I search and I can't find it. Thanks so much, next time I try to post something, just search and search until i find it?! wonderful, maybe there's no point in posting at all, just read the faq first everyone. I'm wasting too much time digging old crap that been discussed years ago. God, that old news and no one going to bother reading that piled up junk way at the bottom. Unless you can pull it out for me? I bet it take so much effort that you cannot even do that, haha. later.

leadenboy

Post by leadenboy » 2003-04-28 05:08

sam, the idea isn't that the issue shouldn't be discussed; the idea is to revive old threads rather than to start new ones so the same points don't have to be repeated over again. when you post to an old thread it goes to the top of the list, so people will have a reason to look at it, and especially at your new contribution to it.

Moch

Post by Moch » 2003-04-28 13:02

Your welcome so much.

I just did a search for "download from multiple" and made sure the radio box "search for all terms" was checked. I found three or four topics about Multiple source downloads and Downloading a file from multiple users (and that is acknowledge just from the thread Subjects, so i didn't even have to click on them to know!! WOW!) Out of those several topics, I saw one with 15, count em, 15 responses, so I clicked it and... oh my, they are talking the death out of this subject along with links to clients that do support this feature already... Hmm that was easy!

I'd give you the link to that very thread if I wasn't feeling so sarcastic from reading your so sarcastic post.

So... do a search, search for "download from multiple" make sure you click the radio box that says "search for all terns" and then do your search, and I'm sure you will get all of the lovely results I did. And this shouldn't take you hours, but mere seconds!

TooDooLoo....
~Moch

ExEr

Post by ExEr » 2003-04-28 14:51

Maybe it's worth mentioning that the use of the bottom right search box will work WAY better than the search button up top. I found this to be true on all PHPBB boards so far

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Ahem?

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-04-28 20:58

ExEr wrote:Maybe it's worth mentioning that the use of the bottom right search box will work WAY better than the search button up top.
Bottom right search box? I only see a dropdown box to switch to different topics. At least that's true of the thread display and the topic display. What am I missing that you're not?

Marvin

Post by Marvin » 2003-05-01 05:49

:lol: A nice illustration of the "don't say you searched and didn't find unless you're positively sure that you did it right." statement.... There will always be somebody (who knows that the info is out there) to show you that you spoke to fast :wink: . At least, don't be sarcastic to people that could help you...