YADCH - New hub software

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

ender

YADCH - New hub software

Post by ender » 2003-02-07 16:19

YADCH, my hub project crawled up to version 0.95 . Most of the scripting is implemented, and all of the protocol, including the extensions should work. Note that there may be problems with the scripts running in multiple threads simultaneously, I'll deal with it later.

Scripting: pascal is the scripting language used in YADCH. Unlike other hubs which support scripting, the scripts in YADCH have to be compiled before the hub can use them (this also means that you don't have to distribute the script source). You can modify all data before it gets processed by the hub, and except for $Key, everything is sent to the script.

Thanks to dchubspam, the hub (by default) doesn't allow private messages for 45 seconds after the user enters the hub, and only allows 1 PM per 2 seconds. There are some other anti-flood options, look them up in the settings.ini file.

If I got you interested, download the program here.

ptaczek

stress test

Post by ptaczek » 2003-02-13 05:36

Hi,
is it possible to dissable the autobanning ? I try to put yadch under stress test on localhost but dcstressor can open only one connection and then the local ip gets ban.

ender

Post by ender » 2003-02-13 07:08

That's exactly why I put it in :mrgreen:
No, seriously, ever since I put scripting in, it performs awful with dcstressor - before I could work normally when dcstressor was running with 1000 users (btw: did it ever happen to you that dcstressor would die after a while?), now the computer slows to a crawl with only 200 users connected - which is why I haven't been making much progress since 0.95... If you wish, I can give you the version which has autobans disabled, or you could write a script that does it for you (though that will probably slow the hub even more)...

ptaczek

Post by ptaczek » 2003-02-13 11:16

Oki, if you can, send me the version. I will stress it on lan to see how swift it is ;)