Download/upload tracking

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Kasurot

Download/upload tracking

Post by Kasurot » 2003-12-20 02:22

Is there a hub or script that keeps track of user info, even after shutdowns/logouts?

My hub is registered members only, and I would like to keep out leechers. Basically I am looking for a script or hub that keeps track of how much a username has uploaded/downloaded, so I would know who is just leeching.

Is there anything that does this?

Thanks in advance,
Kasurot

ButterflySoul

Post by ButterflySoul » 2003-12-20 04:35

The general idea of peer-to-peer softwares is that 2 clients transfer the data directly from each other. The hub can know who requests a connection to whom and assume a file transfer is going to occur in between the 2 clients, but it really has no way of knowing from there how many files are going to be transfered between the 2 clients and which size it represents.

So, essentially, while there are many scripts keeping track of a wide range of informations about users, there are none keeping track of how much a username has uploaded/downloaded because it's impossible to script it, no matter which hub & which language you use.
[CoZ] Children of Zeus
-----
Shadows DC Hub - VBS and JS scripting at their best