READ THIS...ml donkey info

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

drdreadies

READ THIS...ml donkey info

Post by drdreadies » 2003-10-16 16:11

OK, I haven't posted in a while, but check this out.

mldonkey users automatically connect to port 411 only(the default port). You can run a hub in port 411 and have it auto redirect to another hub using a port of your choice...say port 412. Basically, open two nmdc hubs, one using the default 411, and another using...say port 412...have it auto redirect from the hub using port 411, to the hub using port 412. Ml donkey users do not follow redirects(for now), and therefore are SCREWED . They cannot connect to the redirect hub, and it clears alot of cpu being used by kicks, bans, etc. You do not have any issues with them even connecting. Period. NO DONKEYS! I get between 500-800 ml donkey connects an hour, and that is a method I came up with. What do you think about that?

Another question....

I need someone to help me script(it's easy, but I know not much about vb, and don't have time to learn at this time).

I basically want it to do the following:

Check for ml donkey in desription and share amounts(I have provided those scripts below), but after it does the search, it automatically redirects all NON ml donkey users to another hub. I know it is possible, and quite easy...there is a method to my madness if you bear with me. Thanks in advance, and happy kicking of the donkeys!

Scripts:

SHARE DONKEY SCRIPT:

Sub Main()
aFakeShares = Array("18550000000","11530000","9997000000","99000000000")
End Sub

Sub DataArival (curUser, sCurData)
If Left(sCurData,13)="$MyINFO $ALL " Then
bFakeshare=False
sD=Split(Mid(sCurData,15+Len(CurUser.sName)),"$")
If InStr(sD(4),"00000")>0 Or InStr(sD(4),"99999")>0 Then bFakeshare=True
If CDbl(sD(4))/1024^3=Int(CDbl(sD(4))/1024^3) And sD(4)<>"0" Then bFakeshare=True
For i=0 To UBound(aFakeShares)
If sD(4)=aFakeShares(i) Then bFakeshare=True
Next
If bFakeshare Then
curUser.PrivateMessage "BITCHSLAP(ER)","You are kicked because you are using an mldonkey client in a DC hub! We cannot connect to you...and that hardly seems fair, does it?"
frmHub.DoEventsForMe
curUser.Kick()
End If
End If
End Sub

Function BeforeFirst(sIn, sFirst)
BeforeFirst = Left(sIn, InStr(1, sIn, sFirst) - 1)
End Function

Function AfterFirst(sIn, sFirst)
AfterFirst = Right(sIn, Len(sIn) - InStr(1, sIn, sFirst) - (Len(sFirst) - 1))
End Function

Function isCommand(sData)
isCommand = (Left(sData,7)="$MyINFO")
End Function

Public Function AfterLast(sFrom, sAfterLast)
If InStr(1, sFrom, sAfterLast) Then
AfterLast = Right(sFrom, Len(sFrom) - InStrRev(sFrom, sAfterLast) - (Len(sAfterLast) - 1))
Else
AfterLast = ""
End If
End Function

Donkey Description script(Modded Ghostface version):

sub DataArival(curUser, curData)
dim data
if left(curData,7) = "$MyINFO" then
data = lcase(curData)
if (instr(data,"mldc")>0) or (instr(data,"mldonkey")>0) or (instr(data,"edonkey")>0) or (instr(data,"mldc client")>0) or (instr(data,"emule")>0) then
curUser.Kick
end if
end if
end sub

Thanks again! If possible, could we put both scripts into one script just to save space?

Regards,

drdreadies
reefermadness.zapto.org - Reefer Madness(LBT NET) Lossless Compression Music Lounge
ThcMp3.serveftp.com:420 - tHcMp3(Dream Masters Network) Mp3 friendly DREAM MASTERS Network
beatles.serveftp.com - Lossless World(LBT NET) Lossless Music Bootleg Archive

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-10-16 22:53

uhmmmmm, i cant help you with the scripts, but...
that is a method I came up with. What do you think about that?
is very interesting, but have some questions...have you got the hub1 with 500-800 mldokeys connected (not kicked) and the hub2 with your users connected? or do you kick and ban the mldonkey clients in your hub1? if you do it (kick mldonkeys in hub1) are wasting cpu to kick mldonkey and cpu to redirect users and cpu to run 2 hubs...if only run one hub you only waste cpu to kick mldonkey...is not better to run only one hub?
Hi hi hoo

drdreadies

Check it

Post by drdreadies » 2003-10-17 00:59

Ok, maybe I failed to make it easy to understand, I have a habit of that. :twisted:

1. Open two instances of nmdc Hub
2. Make sure one hub(HUB x) is using port 411(default), and the other hub(HUB y)using another port(lets just say port 412).
3. Make x redirect all users upon connection (by clicking auto redirect users in the Network Setup tab) to redirect to y. Make sure hub y is in the redirect address space in the Network Setup tab.
4. When users connect to hub x, they automatically get redirected to hub y.
5. Once they get to hub y, that is it.

Hub x never even needs a donkey script in it, because once the donkeys recieve the redirect to hub y, it basically makes the hub x and hub y inaccessable to them. Donkey users cannot follow the hub redirects(yet), and either get shot out to cyberspace, or do not even know there is a hub there. It uses 0% cpu, no script is needed.

That means no donkeys will ever connect to your hub y, or hub x, at all. No connection in the status messages even. They simply DO NOT EVEN COMMUNICATE with your hub when they hit it. It's like a brick wall.

I've spent alot of time trying to figure out an easy way to get rid of the little asses(pun intended), without using alot of cpu on scripts to kick em. I was getting so many connections by ml donkey users, they were crashing my hub, or some were getting past the scripts because so many were hitting the script at the same time.

I developed the idea to open two hubs, and have my donkey scripts in hub x, and the good users redirected to hub y. But in the process, I found out that when you auto redirect every user, donkeys don't even go far enough to hit the script. No script is needed. They hit a 'force field', and NEVER touch your hub x or your hub y... It basically makes it so they never exist to you. EVER. What a nice thought?

Try it, you will see what I mean. I save so much cpu by doing this, I am in heaven. This method has given my server and users alot of much needed break from the constant bombardment of mldonkey users.

EVERYONE needs to try this and see what I am talking about. Follow the instructions, and bear with me. You will see what I am talking about, if this is not clear enough. And once you do, you will never have to run a donkey script again.

In addition to the script request(I STILL WANT IT), can we also add a badfile search script to it. The script is not needed for the method I showed above, it is actually for another reason. I want that script for a donkey and badfile redirector, so I do not have to file check folks when they are in my hub(I wanna give the ops and myself a break). But I am getting ahead of myself. I really want the script though.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS ANTI ML DONKEY MESSAGE FOLKS? I WANT FEEDBACK.

Regards,

drdreadies :twisted:
reefermadness.zapto.org - Reefer Madness(LBT NET) Lossless Compression Music Lounge
ThcMp3.serveftp.com:420 - tHcMp3(Dream Masters Network) Mp3 friendly DREAM MASTERS Network

drdreadies

Post by drdreadies » 2003-10-17 01:13

um...to make myself clear about the badfile deal...the old badfile script seems to kick users without the badfiles...I was wondering if anyone had a better script. I basically want to do this.

Have both ml donkey scripts together in one, along with a badfile script. I want the badfile script to redirect users with 'badfiles' to another hub(of my choice). I run lossless music format hubs, and users with mp3's are not allowed because mp3 files degrade audio quality(A WHOLE OTHER DISCUSSION), but I run a mp3 hub for users. So I want to run the badfile-donkey script in hub x(portal hub), so it kicks all donkey users, seperates the badfile users and redirects them to hub z(mp3 hub), and then redirects all users not having badfiles to hub y(lossless hub).

like if you have badfiles, you are assigned a number(1). If you don't have the badfiles you are assigned a number(2). Then the script would say if user = 1, then redirect to hub z, if user = 2 then redirect to hub y, and of course all donkeys get kicked.

Thanks in advance, and I hope you all like my SCREW THE DONKEY IDEA I CAME UP WITH!!!!! :twisted:

Regards,

DD

ps. If anyone wants to connect to my lossless hubs, and want to learn about lossless compression, and the finer points of audio quality, feel free to drop me an email at [email protected].

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-10-17 02:15

nice, it works, it has been a great idea, so...i was thinking on install dchub in two differente folders, so the start configuration of everyone is different, so you can make a first onjoin message for the first one telling "you are being redirect to hub2:412, if your client doesnt allow redirects please connect to hu2:412", cos maybe somenoe unchecked the "automatically follow redirects" in dc++, and then in the second hub you'll have another onjoin message with your rules and all your scripts (i think that is what your have done), another option is to use two different hub servers
Hi hi hoo

drdreadies

Post by drdreadies » 2003-10-17 03:02

that would work fine, since ml donkeys do not recieve any text messages anyhow.....

DD

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-10-17 03:07

uhm, there is no onjoin message shown on the hub1, cos as you said there is no connection to that hub
my upload waste of the server has decrease from 3-5 Kb/sg to 0.2 kb/sg :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
i am happy
suck mldonkey
Hi hi hoo

drdreadies

so good it should be against the LAW.

Post by drdreadies » 2003-10-17 04:24

See! I told you this kicks A$$. It saves my bandwidth and cpu by not even fooling with the donkeys. I swear this is the best thing since sliced bread! :lol:

Why fight em when you don't even have to deal with them any longer?

drdreadies

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-10-17 07:37

you can install the old NMDC and the new NMDCv2 in different folders, in this one set

the redirect address (hub2)
check "redirect if full"
maximun users : 0
uncheck "allow ops if full"
and in the "full" text of "messages", write "you are being redirected..bla bla bla, if uncheked automatically follow redirects then..bla bla bla", and it works
:D
Hi hi hoo

Spykie

Post by Spykie » 2003-10-18 04:21

but don't use this method if you wanna be on the hublist somewhere high :P

drdreadies

Post by drdreadies » 2003-10-18 14:43

you could still be high on the public list....if you set the hub(y) to autoregister......

It all depends on if donkeys can't follow redirects, or if it is because they can't connect to a non-standard port. I'm not sure which. But if it is the port, then register away....if it is the redirects to another hub, then you may be right.

Either way, if someone else could test this out with me, we could come to a conclusion. And maybe some hub developers could then use this info to help keep donkeys out......

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-10-22 09:15

dont know how mldonkeys work, but i am still at hublist.org with my usual number of users
http://www.hublist.org/?p=hub&id=450
but dissappeared from imperialnet.org
another detail is that you dont have to register two different address,
i have dchubv2 running through port 411 (itspanish.no-ip.com) and then i redirect to dchubv1 with this address: itspanish.no-ip.com:412, so have only one account at no-ip.com
Hi hi hoo

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-10-24 08:15

I never have any ML donkey clients in my hub.

The solution..

1. Use a hub software other then NMDCH. (such as Ptokax, YHub, or DCH++ when it's released.)

2. Run an anti-ml donkey script/plugin

Simple...

the ML Donkey problem was solved many months ago ;)