Right click menu commands?

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Phainein Terra

Right click menu commands?

Post by Phainein Terra » 2003-09-22 11:26

Howdy!

I'm an Op in a hub that currently has it's scripts possessed by a demon or something equally evil (maybe AOL?). So to get around the lack of a kick command for now we have an alternate command !drop that I was hoping to make use of, but I don't know how to configure the right-click commands (under Settings ---> Advanced/User Menu Items) to make it send the user a static private message or create a prompt to enter a reason before they are dropped (since the drop is silent they'd have no idea why... or at least that's what the majority of them protest even when they did get a reason >_<). Essentially a psuedo-kick command.

So far I understand that I enter !drop %[nick] to drop the user. Anyone know how to create a private-message in addition to this in the same command? Is it even possible?

Thanks!
Ninjas > Pirates

Phainein Terra

Bump!

Post by Phainein Terra » 2003-09-24 01:07

Come on, I know someone out there knows what I'm talking about and can help me out. =P
Ninjas > Pirates

TheNOP

Post by TheNOP » 2003-09-24 04:13

i got a hard time to understand your first post.
can you be clearer please.
you're an OP...ok
did you ask the hub owner's what are the commands available to you ?
what is the hub soft name ? your's ?
what script/s is the hub running ?
can you post the one that is going nuts ?
what client do you use ?
TheNOP

Have you read the FAQ?
Or the sticky ? It might give you idea.

MrCrowley

Re: Right click menu commands?

Post by MrCrowley » 2003-09-24 04:26

Phainein Terra wrote:So far I understand that I enter !drop %[nick] to drop the user. Anyone know how to create a private-message in addition to this in the same command? Is it even possible?

Thanks!
I can't help you create a private message in addition to kicking but i would assume this is a PtokaX hub some other default commands would be:
!ban %[nick] optionalreason
!nickban %[nick]
!op %[nick] (temp op)
!gag %[nick]
!ungag %[nick]
[DeathNap] Your Entrance To Hells Domain... [url]dchub://doom-metal.deathnap.com[/url]
Metalheads only and movies. 2gb/2 slots min.

Phainein Terra

Post by Phainein Terra » 2003-09-24 20:20

I am not referring to a particular hub software or script problem. As I understand it, the right click optional commands are a DC++ addition and do not rely on a particular script, as no matter what scripts we have run in the past the right-click optional menu was always available.

Also, the command itself is unimportant, I was trying to figure out the structure of adding a PM to a tailored command.

The example was !drop (a silent kick). Any kind of actual command works with the right click menu. Like +kick or -kick or +ban or !ipban, etc... etc... etc.... The problem is so few people have ever actually used the right-click options menu for anything other than sending a normal PM or getting a file list that I guess few people know how manipulate the right-click optional user commands that you can configure in Settings --> Advanced/User Menu Items

I have tried this:
!drop %[nick]
This results in the normal result of the user getting a silent kick.

I have tried this:
!drop %[nick] <Insert generic kick message here.>
Nothing happens.

I have tried this:
!drop %[nick] [line:Reason]
This results in a pop-up line appearing that has the title "Reason". You click okay or fill it in with anything and click okay and nothing happens.

I have tried this:
!drop %[nick]
Then fill in the PM to box with: %[nick] <insert generic kick message>
This results in me getting disconnected from the hub.

I know nothing about C++ nor the code used to create DC++ so if anyone has deeper insight into if this is possible let me know please.
Ninjas > Pirates

Xan1977
Forum Moderator

Post by Xan1977 » 2003-09-24 20:35

I forget why exactly it is that this works, but it seems to for me.

<%[mynick]> !drop %[nick] %[line:desc]

good luck :)

TheNOP

Post by TheNOP » 2003-09-24 23:26

look, the hub is important (not all hub impliment the same commands prefix and commands set), scripts also, those custom commands are sent to the hub or a script. the hub might use !ban, !banIP, +ban or #ban as in hub command, same for scripts.
if the command you send is not implimented or is disable in the hub, it won't work.
typing +ban in main chat or PM, is same as the right clic thingy with +ban custom commands.
if using PM way, you have to PM to a bot, if the bot don't impliment the command it will have no effect.
if you can't make it work in main or PM it won't works using custom neither.
2 other things that might go wrong, one is that the custom command have a syntax error in it, or the commands are not sent at all or out of sequence.
the command itself is unimportant, I was trying to figure out the structure of adding a PM to a tailored command
i don't know if with your current client you can send raw commands and use pipe
ex:

Code: Select all

$To %[nick] < message> |  <%[mynick]> +banIP %[nick] %[line:desc]
you might want to try DC++k it can send raw commands like this.
TheNOP

Have you read the FAQ?

Xan1977
Forum Moderator

Post by Xan1977 » 2003-09-25 00:16

Phainein Terra wrote:So far I understand that I enter !drop %[nick] to drop the user. Anyone know how to create a private-message in addition to this in the same command?
Phainein Terra wrote:I am not referring to a particular hub software or script problem. As I understand it, the right click optional commands are a DC++ addition and do not rely on a particular script
Correct.

In DC++ Advanced Settings > User Menu Items >

Name: DropUser (or whatever)
Command: <%[mynick]> !drop %[nick] %[line:desc]
Hub IP / DNS (empty = all hubs, "op" = only when op) : <enter hub IP/DNS here>
PM To (empty to send in main chat): <the nick of admin bot goes here>

TheNOP

Post by TheNOP » 2003-09-25 02:36

Phainein Terra

what i am trying to tell you is, all custom commands behave like when they are use in main chat or PM.

ex: <%[mynick]> !drop %[nick] %[line:desc]
is the same and behave the same as in main chat !drop nick description.

it just that !drop might not need, use or send the description.
if you can't send raw commands like $To %[nick] < message> |
and you want to send a message to user before kick, use a hub command that will do that by default, and make your custom command with it.

that is why i sayed hub/scripts commands where important, you need to use the right one, for the job you want to do.
or script a command to do it.
TheNOP

Have you read the FAQ?

Xan1977
Forum Moderator

Post by Xan1977 » 2003-09-25 03:30

ah, yes, theNOP makes an excellent point

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2003-09-25 11:17

It so happens that the latest version of DCH++ now has a Lua script that works in conjunction with BCDC so you can specify UserCommands on the server side, which will propigate themselves into your right-click menu. Probably the script could be changed around so it works with Ptokax...

Everything from Read Rules to the bottom is from the hub.

TheNOP

Re: Related question

Post by TheNOP » 2003-09-26 12:07

blackfox wrote:I already have !ban %[nick] %[line:reason] and it works just fine...

Is there a way to have the reason line preformatted with some data for example (this doesn't work by the way, but you can see what I want)..

!ban %[nick] %[line:reason] "You are slot blocking"

This way the test shows IN the reason input space preset for editing?

Fox
!ban %[nick] %[line:You are slot blocking]

the problem of Phainein Terra is not that it aint working...
it's not doing exactly what she want, !drop is silent kick-->no hub security message in main chat, no PM either.
but she want to PM the reason to users, so, need to script a command or trigger that will PM the user and call the !drop command.
TheNOP

Have you read the FAQ?

Phainein Terra

Post by Phainein Terra » 2003-09-27 17:03

Aah okay, I see what everyone is saying.

I read the FAQ first thing to see if it touched on something I couldn't figure out but I didn't have any luck with it.

btw [line:desc] pops up a command line, but the "desc" in the command isn't what is put in the command line, but rather is the name of the command line itself. I tried [line:"Read the rules"] and it pops up a command line named "Read the rules" instead of that being put in the command line box itself. Which seems like a fairly useless thing to me.

But it seems the right-click tailored command won't allow for more than one command to be used. It won't 'batch' the commands, and can only process 1 at a time. (In Everquest we called it a macro.) So you can't insert the command: !pm %[nick] "Read the rules"; !drop %[nick] The program doesn't recognize the second command. It's probably alot harder to code an allowance to process batch commands.

Thanks for the help everybody, even if it doesn't look like it's possible, at least I won't keep bashing my head on the keyboard wondering what I'm doing wrong now.
Ninjas > Pirates

TheNOP

Post by TheNOP » 2003-09-27 19:43

Phainein Terra look for or script it :)

like trigger, when triggerbot receive !PMrulethendrop
it PM the rules then send !drop <--the bot will do that
so your custom command could look like: <%[mynick]> !PMrulethendrop %[nick] %[line:desc]
where description could be use as a control to make the bot send different rules or help text
TheNOP

Have you read the FAQ?

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-09-28 01:10

this is a very interesting discussion
i am using general bot in my hub, with typical bot commands, ban, drop, kick, kickban, and so on
have two questions:
1/how to use ban <IP> bot command, what's the equivalent IP variable?, does exist something like %[nick] just for the user IP?
2/cant send a PM to bot, general bot is named as 0-Cancerbero in my hub, but if i write <0-Cancerbero> in the "PM To" field no messages is sending
Hi hi hoo

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-09-28 01:34

first question is solved with
ipban %[nick] %[line:desc]
but not second question
Hi hi hoo

TheNOP

Post by TheNOP » 2003-09-28 05:36

2/cant send a PM to bot, general bot is named as 0-Cancerbero in my hub, but if i write <0-Cancerbero> in the "PM To" field no messages is sending
do ipban is support by hub or general bot.
do general bot accept command tru PM or only from main.
does general bot support the command you try to send to it.
do the general bot command require parameters that costum does not send.
TheNOP

Have you read the FAQ?

[UK]Widdle

Post by [UK]Widdle » 2003-09-28 18:30

BSOD2600:

how did you get those funky dividers in your right-click menu??? And also how do u get rid of the alphabetical sorting of the commands??

Sedulus
Forum Moderator

Post by Sedulus » 2003-09-28 19:29

DCH++ (not available to the public)
+
http://wza.digitalbrains.com/DC/dchpp/l ... mmands.lua (a snippet of luascript, easily converted to ptokax)
+
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... %20command (a protocol extension)
+
http://utrum.dyndns.org:8000/ (BCDC++)
http://dc.selwerd.nl/hublist.xml.bz2
http://www.b.ali.btinternet.co.uk/DCPlusPlus/index.html (TheParanoidOne's DC++ Guide)
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/dc (BSOD2600's Direct Connect FAQ)

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-09-28 20:27

TheNOP wrote:do ipban is support by hub or general bot.
do general bot accept command tru PM or only from main.
does general bot support the command you try to send to it.
do the general bot command require parameters that costum does not send.
general bot support ipban, ban, kickban, etc,
it accepts commands through main chan and PM
the systanx is simple, ban <ip/nick>, ipban <nick>, kickban <nick>...
it works if i leave blank the filed "PMto" and recognize the command in the main chat, but if i try to send it a PM then it doesnt work, no response, no action, and dont know why?
PMto also dont work for me if i put %[nick], no PM is sending to the user, did someone could test it succesfully?
Hi hi hoo

TheNOP

Post by TheNOP » 2003-09-28 21:29

[quote]In DC++ Advanced Settings > User Menu Items >

Name: DropUser (or whatever)
Command: <%[mynick]> !drop %[nick] %[line:desc]
Hub IP / DNS (empty = all hubs, "op" = only when op) : <enter hub IP/DNS here>]
PM To (empty to send in main chat): <the nick of admin bot goes here> [/quote
what is the "PM To" need as syntax : <botname>, <"botname"> or just botname.
do you have to put the custom command in "PM To"
do hub IP/DNS need to be activated for "PM To" to be sent.
do the - in bot name can cause problems.
TheNOP

Have you read the FAQ?

HaArD

Post by HaArD » 2003-10-04 12:35

Sedulus wrote:DCH++ (not available to the public)
+
http://wza.digitalbrains.com/DC/dchpp/l ... mmands.lua (a snippet of luascript, easily converted to ptokax)
+
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... %20command (a protocol extension)
+
http://utrum.dyndns.org:8000/ (BCDC++)
Support for NMDC Hubs

Also, DC:Pro will be supporting this extension.

HaArD