StimBot not always kicking lamers

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

StimBot not always kicking lamers

Post by BSOD2600 » 2003-01-28 12:33

I've got stimbot 1.11 installed and sometimes it lets in users who dont meet the min requirements. Like too little share or too many hubs.... Anyone know why this happens? Is it a bug in the bot or the dc hub?

ender

Post by ender » 2003-01-28 18:24

It must be a bug in the NMDC hub - the same thing sometimes happens with my bot, with no good reason - or so I thought... NMDC hub seems to sometimes send wrong user reference to the DataArival hub, which causes the script to work on somebody else (I noticed this when the bot greeted me two times with a share size that wasn't remotely like mine)...

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2003-01-28 20:32

ahh, i thought it was something along those lines....I dont suppose there is any other dc hub software out there that uses vbscript. Anyone reversed engineered dc hub and made some improvements?

ender

Post by ender » 2003-01-29 02:42

There are two actually:
Ryalth's DC hub and SBSoftEA (or something like this).

ButterflySoul

Post by ButterflySoul » 2003-01-29 11:08

SBSoftEA (or something like this)
Aye. It's SBHub, from SBSoftEA
The url is : http://www.sbhub.tk/

Very nice hub with a few extra objects to play with, and a couple ones named differently (so you'll have to do some minor script editing here and there to get your NMDC Hub scripts to work on SBHub, but really nothing to worry about.. a search/replace can solve it in seconds).

My only regret is it doesn't support frmHub.DoEventsForMe, and has no equivalent whatsoever for that command. =/ While I try to keep my scripts performant, I also try to be as gentle as possible with the host running them, so when entering a loop that might take a bit to process, I like to keep a counter and do something in the lines of

Code: Select all

If x Mod 50 = 0 Then frmHub.DoEventsForMe
It's nothing original; actually it's even the standard way to handle long loops. That said, if you have nothing like that in your scripts, SBHub is a good choice since it's not written in Visual Basic (it's a Delphi hub, if I remember properly) and has hub-support for username bans (so you'll avoid all the fights with vbs dictionaries to keep track of them =)
[CoZ] Children of Zeus
-----
Shadows DC Hub - VBS and JS scripting at their best

ButterflySoul

Post by ButterflySoul » 2003-01-29 11:16

Very nice hub with a few extra objects to play with, and a couple ones named differently (so you'll have to do some minor script editing here and there to get your NMDC Hub scripts to work on SBHub, but really nothing to worry about.. a search/replace can solve it in seconds).

My only regret is it doesn't support frmHub.DoEventsForMe, and has no equivalent whatsoever for that command. =/ While I try to keep my scripts performant, I also try to be as gentle as possible with the host running them, so when entering a loop that might take a bit to process, I like to keep a counter and do something in the lines of

It's nothing original; actually it's even the standard way to handle long loops. That said, if you have nothing like that in your scripts, SBHub is a good choice since it's not written in Visual Basic (it's a Delphi hub, if I remember properly) and has hub-support for username bans (so you'll avoid all the fights with vbs dictionaries to keep track of them =)
[CoZ] Children of Zeus
-----

ButterflySoul

Post by ButterflySoul » 2003-01-29 11:17

[CoZ] Children of Zeus
-----

ButterflySoul

Post by ButterflySoul » 2003-01-29 11:24

Eeeep. The BB said there was an error with the post and it couldn't be sent, so I reposted. Could any kind forum moderator delete my double posts ? =) Thx
[CoZ] Children of Zeus
-----