My Hub Drops people....WHY??

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

walberty

My Hub Drops people....WHY??

Post by walberty » 2003-08-19 01:29

Ok, here is the issue, I currently run one hub without any problems, on a Celeron 500 system. When I was beta testing this first hub, I tried it on two faster AMD systems on Abit KT7 flavored motherboards. But the hub kept dropping people. So I moved it over to the Celeron system, no problem.
I had decided the problems were due to some proxy software.

Anyway, I have decided to start a second hub, so I did a FRESH install of XP on one of the above mentioned AMD systems, and I did not install the proxy software. I'm beta testing the hub, and I have the SAME issue. I have 5 users connected, and it is a merry-go-round or drops and reconnects. I have NO IDEA why this is happening.

The Celeron Hub is still rock solid, with no problems.

Both hubs are on the same network, going through the same router, and I'm obviously using different ports for each hub.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their hub dropping everyone often and randomly?

I am thinking it is a hardware issue with the motherboard..but I have never had any other issues with it, so I don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Lightning Man

Post by Lightning Man » 2003-08-19 08:47

Have you thought about checking the network card?

walberty

Post by walberty » 2003-08-19 13:32

Yes, I have tried that.
Like I said, it does the same thing on 2 AMD systems that have the same motherboard.
I am hoping it is a software issue I can fix, but I fear it is a hardware issue.

Thanks!

walberty

Post by walberty » 2003-08-19 17:59

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

I tried a different router, and boom, it works now.

Kind of odd, considering that my other router worked for one of my hubs but not the others.

Anyway, all is well now! Thanks for the help!