i'm furious

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

nokxis

i'm furious

Post by nokxis » 2003-01-25 04:19

I was dowloading from two fantastic Sweeden hub but today morning this two hubs don't work and the only thing that I know is that when I try ti connect them i receive this two word:"Unknow addres".
Somebody is able to explain me the meaning of this crazy behaviour?
If is possible to find this two hab?
Please Help Me!!! S.O.S.
thanks!

Spykie

Post by Spykie » 2003-01-25 05:19

LOL
Check your proxy settings if any, and after that your firewall stuff
If your using version eeehm 0.21 then you need to check the "use socks5 to resolve hostnames" , otherwise the hubs just disapperead :P

ButterflySoul

Post by ButterflySoul » 2003-01-25 06:45

The whole "no-ip" service experienced a short (well, still about an hour long) outage around midnight PST today (i.e. about 3 hours ago). That means all address in the form no-ip.com, no-ip.org, etc etc were temproraly impossible to solve into an IP address. This caused over half the hubs on DC to report "unknown address", eventhough all of them were of course working great if you were already connected them before the outage, or knew their real IP.

Everything is back to normal now though, so you should retry =)
[CoZ] Children of Zeus
-----
Shadows DC Hub - VBS and JS scripting at their best

komodo

Post by komodo » 2003-01-26 00:10

From http://grc.com/default.htm :

Very early Saturday morning (25 Jan 2003) global Internet traffic was dramatically impacted by the self-replicating efforts of a new Internet worm. The combined effect of the worm's aggressive, high-speed probing by tens of thousands of infected Windows machines generated traffic sufficient to congest major Internet traffic exchange points and cause worldwide problems.

Twelve hours later, though tens of thousands of Windows systems remain infected and continue attempting to infect others, the Internet's largest "backbone" carriers and ISPs are now "filtering" (blocking) the worm's replication traffic to limit its global disruption.

Personal firewall log watchers will probably have noted an increase in "probes" to port 1434. (Microsoft SQL Server's monitor port.) Each probe contains a complete copy of the worm, being sent to random Internet IP addresses by copies of the worm running within infected Windows-based computers.

Beyond the inconvenience of a slow Internet, and rapidly filling personal firewall logs, personal computer users have little to fear from this worm because it only targets and infects unpatched versions of Microsoft's SQL server, usually only present on corporate servers.