Yet another script request.

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Animated 0wner

Yet another script request.

Post by Animated 0wner » 2003-07-05 23:24

Sorry to be bugging all of you, yet again. But I would like to request one more script. I tried searching for it, but I didn't find what I was looking for (I'm sure I just missed it). Anyways, I'm looking for something I could run alongside or possibly edit into the General Bot to make it show not only all the information that the General Bot does, but also all the ips used by a particular username in a given time (24 hours or so). This would be extremely helpful when it comes to keeping out dynamic fakers and troublemakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Paul_Don

Post by Paul_Don » 2003-07-06 04:05

+userinfo <username>
+ipinfo <ip>

already implemented in general bot should sort ya out
but generally what i do is look for the exact same share as what the person had been kicked and kick them again take note of there ips
then do +find 81.66 for example then u can see :lol:

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-07-06 09:29

you can activate "view status message in main chat", in the appearance menu, so you will have the ip of all the kicked users in the log/window of the main chat (if you kick them with your dc++ client user menu), this is usefull to find ip ranges of a-lot-of-times-kicked-users
Hi hi hoo

Animated 0wner

Post by Animated 0wner » 2003-07-06 13:57

Paul, that's not what I meant. Userinfo shows some great information, but only the ip that they are presently using or the ip that is last known. Ipinfo will just show all the usernames attached to the one ip. I was hoping to get a script to show just the opposite of that. I'm looking for something that can show all the ips attached to one username, in a given time period. Inner, it would be much easier on everyone if it was just scripted. That way no one has to go hunting through logs, they can just get the ip history of a user by typing a command into main chat, or a pm to the bot.

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-07-06 19:39

this script exists, it's called "ban nick". only if they change the nick then you will need to ban their ip-range, ok, but if they have changed the nick to connect to your hub and also change ip on every connection to the hub (that is the situation we are discussing), how can the script know that is the same user?
Hi hi hoo

InnerCity

Post by InnerCity » 2003-07-06 20:24

anyway, if you wanna hunt them, you'd better don't ban their nick, so they will be more identifiables. if you ban permanently their ip every time they connect, finally you can see their range just typing "+banlist", the same firts numbers of their ip-range is at your eyes,
but, i will never say no to an script to do that automatically, of course
Hi hi hoo

Spaz

Re: Yet another script request.

Post by Spaz » 2003-07-09 08:37

Animated 0wner wrote:or possibly edit into the General Bot to make it show not only all the information that the General Bot does, but also all the ips used by a particular username in a given time (24 hours or so). This would be extremely helpful when it comes to keeping out dynamic fakers and troublemakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I did this for a friend of mine (in a p2p called FileShare) and it turned out to be a bad thing. The script logged every ip that came into the hub and every name that went along with that ip. I thought this would be a good thing. If I had started a d/l from you, you leave and then come back with a different name (so I wouldn't auto resume from you and I would have been looking for your old name). The script would tell everyone all of your names. Then I could see if you were the one I had been d/l'ing from.
Well, people thought this was just great. They started creating lots of names. Some people had 10-15 names.

Spaz

Post by Spaz » 2003-07-09 08:50

Animated 0wner wrote:Paul, that's not what I meant. Userinfo shows some great information, but only the ip that they are presently using or the ip that is last known. Ipinfo will just show all the usernames attached to the one ip. I was hoping to get a script to show just the opposite of that. I'm looking for something that can show all the ips attached to one username, in a given time period. Inner, it would be much easier on everyone if it was just scripted. That way no one has to go hunting through logs, they can just get the ip history of a user by typing a command into main chat, or a pm to the bot.
Sorry. I replied without reading everything. Your looking for just the opposite of my last post. Hmmmm.
Why not just log every ip/username just once. If every ip has just one username then they can't change their ip or they won't get in. Keep in mind that this will keep out dial-up users.
If I log in as spaz:255.255.255.255 now that ip has a username. If I then change my ip to 0.0.0.0 but keep my name, the script will see that spaz already has an ip of 255.255.255.255 and won't let you log in with a different ip. In the same stroke, I shouldn't be able to log in with the same ip but a different name (for reasons from my last post). No need to ban them, just kick them.