Time Ban on registered users

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Bakkoda

Time Ban on registered users

Post by Bakkoda » 2003-07-01 23:47

OK. Im gonna try to say this as best as I can. I help run a private hub. I mostly do the scripting and some complaining as well. About 3 months ago we decided to make the hub private due to the amount of morons and such entering the hub. We use one rather large script that uses a Access database to log users entering/departing, log IPs, log PMs and other such things. We also have a few misc scripts that do more specific jobs.

The problem we are having is that when we kick and ban a user, they are banned for the typical 5 mins that NeoModus's hubsoft performs but they are able to come right back in when the 5 minutes is up, regardless of how long we time banned them for. The time ban is controlled thru the large script. All the bans are kept in a table in the database. There are 2 classes for the ban, PermBan (which jsut bans for about 100 years) and a time ban which we enter the expiration time. Now this all worked fine and dandy until we registered users and went private. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Is the hubsoft overiding my scripts and if so how would I go about fixing this?