Scripts

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Malx

Scripts

Post by Malx » 2003-06-29 04:37

I am really new here infact this is my first post. I understand this may have been asked before but i can't find exactly what i am looking for.
If i take the code and put it into a script, then move the script file into the /scripts directory they will auto run when the hub starts correct?

If so how can you tell if the script is running?
If someone can point me in the right direction of the answer it would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Malx

ButterflySoul

Post by ButterflySoul » 2003-06-29 14:50

If i take the code and put it into a script, then move the script file into the /scripts directory they will auto run when the hub starts correct?
They will auto run when the hub starts, indeed.
In case you made some changes to an already running script, you can also hit the "reset" button, which will reinitialise the script (and save the changes) and restart it without requiring you to restart the hub.
If so how can you tell if the script is running?
The only case where a script won't run, is if you have a syntax error in it, and the pre-compiler picks it up. In this case, you'll get a message box with the description of the error when you start the hub and/or reset the script.
If you don't get a message box saying there's an error, it means the script is running (not neccesarly working properly, but you can always be sure that it's at least running). The best way to check if it runs properly is to test it. For example, if it's a script kicking people who share less than 700 megs, connect to the hub with 500 megs shared and see what happens; if it's a script responding to a command, try the command and see what happens; etc =)
[CoZ] Children of Zeus
-----
Shadows DC Hub - VBS and JS scripting at their best