Odd problem with General Bot

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Animated 0wner

Odd problem with General Bot

Post by Animated 0wner » 2003-06-17 23:20

This may have been covered already, so forgive me if it has. I noticed that after the hub has been running nonstop for so long the General Bot lowers the max users by at least 50 users. It still shows the correct values and using the admin command for changing the max users does change those values, but the user count is still restricted. It can be easily fixed by restarting the hub, but sometimes that is not always an option. I know of another hub owner that has this same problem. Anyone know whats going on or how to fix it? (Gadget perhaps?)

Gadget

Post by Gadget » 2003-06-18 03:52

I've never seen such behavior... Maybe it's some kind of leak in NMDCHub's internal user counter, what does the hubsoft's status bar say as user amount?

AFAIK the max users slider value won't always affect before hub reboot if adjusted from script (iMaxHubUsers value), use rather iMaxUsers for adjusting the limit.

Animated 0wner

Post by Animated 0wner » 2003-06-19 19:43

Status Bar? Do you mean the user slider in the hub software? It's the same as the value set in the General Bot. This really isn't a big deal I guess, since it can be fixed just by restarting the hub. I just thought this was weird and wanted to know if there was any way to fix it.