Download slot

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Tekkaman

Download slot

Post by Tekkaman » 2003-01-17 07:44

Hi all,

I'm looking for a script that will check the MAX number of download (not upload) slots a person has set for DC++ and based on that will either kick them or leave them alone. I've checked several sites and asked around to no avail :( Is this even possible to do? I know DC++ gives info on how many upload slots a person has open but I haven't seen it give info on the number of download slots.

thanks,
Tek

ender

Post by ender » 2003-01-17 09:08

It is not possible, and I don't see any point in why would DC++ announce how many download slots does somebody have.

Tekkaman

Post by Tekkaman » 2003-01-18 09:40

I currently run a small hub private for people within my ISP, as traffic between us is free. Here in Australia, traffic outside the ISP has a strict quota.

We're all on an ADSL plan with low upload speeds so it's essential that if DC is to work (sharing will actually happens) that people don't get greedy and download simultaneously from all the users in the hub, taking away slots from everyone else.

I envisage a possible scenario whereby a single user on the hub becomes greedy, and simultaneously downloads from everyone else thus depriving all the other users of already scarce slots. Therefore the reason I hoped that DC++ would announce the amount of download slots, is because I wish to prevent such a scenario as that which I have described, from occuring.

While perhaps some of you may not enjoy the idea of limiting the download slots on a hub, think of it in the context of the situation. To keep things fair for everyone, it's really what I require.

Iceman[grrrr]
Forum Moderator

Post by Iceman[grrrr] » 2003-01-18 09:47

you have to keep in mind that people on your hub may be on other hubs....

thus smo having 10 dl slots open may only use 12 in your hub and the others in others hubs...
DC++ QoS Person