Using ptokax

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

xl_kain_lx

Using ptokax

Post by xl_kain_lx » 2003-05-10 18:03

well i'm try'ing to use this packge now to see how it is but i'm having trouble connecting to the hub, i think i have the settings right, but then again this is my first time fucking around with making a hub...

i have two comps sharing a connection through a router, on the one i tried setting it up. my first run around i have DC++ already running then i start ptokax and try to connect to my temp external ip that i set in ptokax.

all i get is "connection refused by target machine" do the connection settings have to be different then DC++ and can i even run the two at the same time? (if thats the case how to ops connect to their hub?)

now i tried loading it up on the other comp and forwarded a different port for it to use but i still couldn't enter it.

i dunno, i can't even find any resources on starting your hub to begin with so sorry for all the newbie questions.

thanks for the help once again

Marvin

Connecting to yourself

Post by Marvin » 2003-05-11 11:43

While running hub and DC++ on the same computer, try to connect to 127.0.0.1. If it works, your routing table is probably wrong in some way. If it doesn't, then you have a problem with the hub itself (did you start it ? Is it running on the standard 411 port ?).