dcdev.net - home of YnHub - down?

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

CrazyBerserk

dcdev.net - home of YnHub - down?

Post by CrazyBerserk » 2006-10-07 22:05

Hi, by now it have been more than 48 hours that dcdev.net, the homepage of YnHub, seems to be down. At this moment many DNS servers point to 192.168.1.1, some don't even know the domain...

Is the homepage now restricted to some local network? :lol:

Does anybody know something? Did I miss something there? Have Yoshi, Todi and Nev moved the site? Did they close it? Or is it just server or hosting troubles?

Slowly but surely I'm getting kind of worried..

So, if anybody knows something, or if even Todi would reply himself, I'd appreciate it. :) I hope everything is fine, though...

Carraya

Post by Carraya » 2006-10-08 02:51

DcDev was under DDoS attack earlier this week, and the hosting company redirected at least the dcdev.net domain, and probably also others to 192.168.1.1 as they thought it a security measure to prevent further attacks... There's currently dialog between the DcDev.net admin and the hosting company...

P.S. yes I didn't mention names because then you would know who to ask, and I didn't want to do that to the person... And yes it's not me, so if you ask me I'll just ignore you...
<random funny comment>

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2006-10-08 02:55

Essentially what Carraya says is correct. The server DcDev was hosted on came under some kind of attack. Many sites were hosted there, so it's of course hard to tell exactly who the target was. Kids these days, they'll do anything for a little attention on the intraweb.

Anyways, we're working on clearing out the situation and pointing the DNS back correctly, but it will likely take a couple of days. But we will be back =)

CrazyBerserk

Post by CrazyBerserk » 2006-10-08 08:49

Okay, thank you guys, nice hearing from you. Actually I endeed expected the both of you to reply.. :)

And Carraya:
Carraya wrote:P.S. yes I didn't mention names because then you would know who to ask, and I didn't want to do that to the person... And yes it's not me, so if you ask me I'll just ignore you...
You could/should know me better... :wink:

Carraya

Post by Carraya » 2006-10-09 10:07

CrazyBerserk wrote:And Carraya:
Carraya wrote:P.S. yes I didn't mention names because then you would know who to ask, and I didn't want to do that to the person... And yes it's not me, so if you ask me I'll just ignore you...
You could/should know me better... :wink:
But you aren't the only one reading this, even if I know you wouldn't someone else might, and I won't do that to the unmentioned person :)
<random funny comment>

ivulfusbar

Post by ivulfusbar » 2006-10-10 12:46

I know who! I KNOW! ;))
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.

Carraya

Post by Carraya » 2006-10-11 07:41

ROFL :) Fusbar I hope you're at the party this week :)
<random funny comment>

CrazyBerserk

Post by CrazyBerserk » 2006-10-23 05:06

Hi,

in case someone cares and for those who did not accidentally find out:

The homepage of YnHub was obviously moved to YnHub.org. The server sometimes seems to be a bit slow, though. (But currently the server of dcpp.net is even much worse, at least for me; it took me several hours before I was finally able to post this...)

Well, just to spread the word...
Nope, you are really, really the only and very first one who is having this problem. For no reason take a look at the FAQ on this page prior to asking. "FAQ" means "Frequently Asked Questions" but your problem is completely new!

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2006-10-23 08:03

Yes, we have changed address, since our old one took too long to re-point, and we didn't want to wait. YnHub.org also has a much nicer sound to it than the old one, don't you think?

Anyways, no matter the location, we will continue to be a blowtorch in the backside of the dc-kiddies ;)