starting a hub

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

jeff43

starting a hub

Post by jeff43 » 2006-09-17 22:47

were do i go to get started opening a new hub and were do i download for dc++.i would like to get a new hub going
Jesus loves you

ullner
Forum Moderator

Post by ullner » 2006-09-18 05:45

GOLIATH
Account Disabled Due to Policy

DC++ HELPER

Post by GOLIATH » 2006-09-18 21:36

im only responding to this because sometimes people just dont get limited instructions, to host a hub you need a few apps, first go here then register and account and download DUC once you have it install it and then get YnHub and unzip it, now for the fun part run the DUC program you downloaded and installed, then log in using ur account you registered with at no-ip.com once ur loged in check the box with the address you made @ no-ip.com and make sure the face is smiling once its smiling then you move on to YnHub that you unziped just click on it and go to settins, from there you fill in your no-ip address in the required field and click save...everything from this point on is up to you, set the rest up the way you want ti, if you need anymore help let me know ;)

Quattro

Re: DC++ HELPER

Post by Quattro » 2006-09-19 00:45

GOLIATH wrote:im only responding to this because sometimes people just dont get limited instructions, to host a hub you need a few apps, first go here then register and account and download DUC once you have it install it and then get YnHub and unzip it, now for the fun part run the DUC program you downloaded and installed, then log in using ur account you registered with at no-ip.com once ur loged in check the box with the address you made @ no-ip.com and make sure the face is smiling once its smiling then you move on to YnHub that you unziped just click on it and go to settins, from there you fill in your no-ip address in the required field and click save...everything from this point on is up to you, set the rest up the way you want ti, if you need anymore help let me know ;)
why only ynhub?
ptokax is quite simple for most users ^^
let them choose what's best
You can send a message around the world in 1/7 of a second; yet it may take several years to move a simple idea through a 1/4 inch of human skull.

GOLIATH
Account Disabled Due to Policy

Post by GOLIATH » 2006-09-19 03:42

yea but because most new users dont have knowledge of lua ( which i was when i started ) it will be hard to add security and such to sniff out bad users