Is BotInfo supported by default?

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

[PT]Devilishly

Is BotInfo supported by default?

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2006-06-24 17:18

Hi!

I'm developing an hublist and I want to have suport for BotInfo.. I've seen its syntax in http://www.dcpp.net/wiki/index.php/%24BotINFO, and I've tryed to used it in an Ptokax hub, but nothing happens.. :?
I've done the authentication as a normal user, and then send the BotInfo command..

Well is this command supported by default in ptokax(and if so, how is the protocol for using it), and if not, which script do i've to use?

Thanks!

Carraya

Post by Carraya » 2006-06-24 20:34

Well there is your problem...

You should not login normally if you want to use Botinfo...

If I remember correctly it should be sent in supports and then again after validate nick, but I might not be right about that. Anyways remember to send it in supports.
<random funny comment>

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2006-06-25 01:10

You should send the $BotINFO in your $Supports, some hubs might not want to send you $HubINFO unless you've done this. But i don't think you have to do any special logins like Carraya says. I suggest you try it on other hubsofts too, like YnHub, so it's not just a buggy hubsofts fault.

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2006-06-25 13:54

Thanks for your help :)
Ok, now I can send BotINFO and also handle the HubInfo from hub. I'm using the following string:

Code: Select all

"$Supports BotINFO|$Key "+key+"|$BotINFO "+description+"|"
Now, another question ;) What can I do, when in BotINFO "mode"? I'm asking this, cause I've also tried to send the ValidateNick command and GetNickList command and the hub answered correctly..
Is there any site where I can check the complete protocol for an HubList pinger??

I've checked the wiki, but I've only found this http://www.dcpp.net/wiki/index.php/Hublist_Pinger ..