setting up dc++ hub

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

runs

setting up dc++ hub

Post by runs » 2006-04-26 06:51

I would like to set up my own dc++ hub does anyone know how to get started please?

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2006-04-26 07:56

I have moved this to the Hubs and Scripts section. Check the sticky thread at the top of this section.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

GOLIATH
Account Disabled Due to Policy

Post by GOLIATH » 2006-09-19 04:50

im only responding to this because sometimes people just dont get limited instructions, to host a hub you need a few apps, first go here then register and account and download DUC once you have it install it and then get YnHub and unzip it, now for the fun part run the DUC program you downloaded and installed, then log in using ur account you registered with at no-ip.com once ur loged in check the box with the address you made @ no-ip.com and make sure the face is smiling once its smiling then you move on to YnHub that you unziped just click on it and go to settins, from there you fill in your no-ip address in the required field and click save...everything from this point on is up to you, set the rest up the way you want ti, if you need anymore help let me know ;)

poy

Post by poy » 2006-09-19 19:37

GOLIATH wrote:im only responding to this because sometimes people just dont get limited instructions, to host a hub you need a few apps, first go here then register and account and download DUC once you have it install it and then get YnHub and unzip it, now for the fun part run the DUC program you downloaded and installed, then log in using ur account you registered with at no-ip.com once ur loged in check the box with the address you made @ no-ip.com and make sure the face is smiling once its smiling then you move on to YnHub that you unziped just click on it and go to settins, from there you fill in your no-ip address in the required field and click save...everything from this point on is up to you, set the rest up the way you want ti, if you need anymore help let me know ;)
you don't obviously need No-IP DUC; this is only when your IP changes a lot.

GOLIATH

Post by GOLIATH » 2006-09-19 20:21

and most users have dynamic ip addresses..........static ip address are mainly for companies......see this is the problem i come accross alot on forums....people come to forums for answers mostly because they are too lazy to look it up for themselves but you also have users who really dont understand alot and come here to ask the experts for help now i see alot of people getting smart and responding as if the n00bs understand what you are talking about HELLO if they knew what to do chances are they proberly wouldnt be on the forums in the first place and it would proberly be alot more nonsence being posted...but hey im only trying to help thats why i gave him each app and went step by step and guy who asked how to host a hub if u have any more questions u can pm email or contact me....i will be more than glad to help if I can ;) good luck with it

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2006-09-19 23:30

For the love of all that is good and holy, use some sentences!

GOLIATH

Post by GOLIATH » 2006-09-20 02:16

and all you and todi and the rest of your little team just proved me right who care if I dont use a period I mean if they get what they need from it and they are able to progress from it ( they being people who ask for help ) does it matter where a freggin period is at? go through the posts and you will see all you guys have done is argue with me or make smart remarks, hot of 70+ posts not once have any of you tried to help instead you want to flex your internet forum muscle around and thats just sad at least im trying to help them and thats what matters

poy

Post by poy » 2006-09-20 04:57

using a no-ip / dyndns / etc address shouldn't be related to hosting a hub; if your IP changes a lot, you already need such a program for DC++ or the client you use (to be in active mode).

and btw, in my country, most people have static IP addresses... :wink:

GOLIATH

Post by GOLIATH » 2006-09-20 06:42

ok look im only sharing ways that i found out how to make things work for me, i have been hosting a hub for over 3 years now
so i think i know a little something

imb

Post by imb » 2006-09-20 10:05

GOLIATH you make some good points, but although you might find it easy to read your posts back, it's really a pain in the arse and time consuming for anyone else to read them. I rightly treat those use trendy language, abbreviations, ebonics or are overly lazy with punctuation with contempt.

Anyway a no-ip account is a necessity because what if you change your ISP? All your users are gone. If you plan to casually run a hub with a few friends, your IP is probably all that is necessary.
"Every Englishman must have a hobby. Some like to collect the stamp, some like to make the jam, but the most fun is to a kill a little animal with a shotgun or rip them up with wild dog."

GOLIATH

Post by GOLIATH » 2006-09-20 11:03

ok I am going to say this once because im not ashamed of it, I cant spell worth $#!T so i do the best that I can I have a tendency to spell words backwards and such so I make do the best that I can I am sorry if it seems a bit hard but I can assure you that I dont do it because Im lazy.....

poy

Post by poy » 2006-09-20 11:03

GOLIATH wrote:ok look im only sharing ways that i found out how to make things work for me, i have been hosting a hub for over 3 years now
so i think i know a little something
if you want to play with years, i think you have already lost...
imb wrote:Anyway a no-ip account is a necessity
my point here is not about the necessity of a No-IP / DynDns / etc account; of course, a host name is always better for users to connect to your hub.
it was about the necessity of No-IP DUC, which is a small program you can download and that will automatically update your No-IP host according to your IP. such a program is not needed for many people who don't have dynamic IPs.

i was saying that such a program doesn't have to be related to hosting a hub, because if you need it to host a hub, you also already need it to run a Direct Connect client in active mode.

GOLIATH

Post by GOLIATH » 2006-09-20 11:12

true to some degree but over here in the usa where most personal users have dynamic ip addresses it is necessary because for example my ip address chances every 3 days or so that means i would have to give all users the new ip address everytime it changes plus, im not a big fan of giving out my ip address like that, example I give out my ip address it makes a hackers job that much easier if he already knows that more than likely I have ports 411,23 and 1411 open so users can connect to me....why would i want to do a thing like that?....I just prefer to give them an address such as dchub://djface.mine.nu and let them connect like that

Quattro

Post by Quattro » 2006-09-20 14:07

GOLIATH wrote:true to some degree but over here in the usa where most personal users have dynamic ip addresses it is necessary because for example my ip address chances every 3 days or so that means i would have to give all users the new ip address everytime it changes plus, im not a big fan of giving out my ip address like that, example I give out my ip address it makes a hackers job that much easier if he already knows that more than likely I have ports 411,23 and 1411 open so users can connect to me....why would i want to do a thing like that?....I just prefer to give them an address such as dchub://djface.mine.nu and let them connect like that
well, lets say it again and try to make it a bit clearer this time...

When people were complaining about your posts, they meant that you don't seem to know a simple dot or a comma.

dots and commas split up a sentence to keep it readable.

or a simple whitespace helps a lot too.
try it in your next post, you'll notice the difference immediately.
You can send a message around the world in 1/7 of a second; yet it may take several years to move a simple idea through a 1/4 inch of human skull.

GOLIATH

Post by GOLIATH » 2006-09-20 14:39

no what I have noticed is the same 4 people are complaining and not one of them are the users who asked the question in the first place, its always some user who has nothing to do but read posts and complain about simple $#!T or an Admin on a power trip who wants to flex his internet forum muscle

poy

Post by poy » 2006-09-20 17:14

actually, i complained about your answer because i thought you were trying to ask the user to use too many programs.

i'm saying it again, please get the difference between a No-IP account, which is of course needed here, and No-IP DUC, that program that the poster might not need.
and, if he needed it, he would already be using it for his client; if he was not using it, he didn't need it, and he won't need it to host a hub either. in the latter case, he can go just once to the no-ip.com website and enter his static IP.

now about your hacker thing, just to fix it up in your mind, it's very easy for anyone to get your IP with your host (atm, it begins with 24 and ends with 187).

GOLIATH

Post by GOLIATH » 2006-09-20 19:40

You are correct about not needing the program, but I did say "over here in the usa where most personal users have dynamic ip" so I was offering Information based on that & what I knew to be a fact, yes he could go to no-ip.com and just make an account and enter his ip address but just in case he dosent have a static ip or dosent even know if he has static or dynamic ip (which I might also add he did not specify in his question) it would resolve any problems that may happen. Whats the worst that can happen if uses DUC? I explained it in a manner that would have a hub running for him no matter what with the exception of him being behind a Router/Firewall. To me it looks like you are just knit picking besides this is a old post, I mainly posted the info for users who can use it im pretty sure not all internet users accross the world have a static ip.....

sleepy1

Post by sleepy1 » 2006-11-08 15:35

GOLIATH wrote:ok I am going to say this once because im not ashamed of it, I cant spell worth $#!T so i do the best that I can I have a tendency to spell words backwards and such so I make do the best that I can I am sorry if it seems a bit hard but I can assure you that I dont do it because Im lazy.....
I CAN UNDERSTAND EVERY WORD YOU ARE SAYING...WHATS THE PROBLEM..