Hubs, and where to get them

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Yankee Trader

Hubs, and where to get them

Post by Yankee Trader » 2006-03-08 13:42

Hi all,

I'm new here, and I wanted to ask where a guy can get more of the hubs that are needed to search for files I want with DC++. It comes with two already listed, but I'd like to have many more listed in there to broaden the search possibilities for me.
Is there some central place I can go and select several of them? And then, do I just copy and paste those new hub names into my list within DC++?

Thanks for any help you all can offer. I really appreciate your time and trouble, folks. And just in case anyone knows this as well...I started my coomputer yesterday and discovered that all of my my favorite hubs...the ones you select and add from those two lists of hubs that were already in DC++ when you first run it, had deleted themselves. Everything was just empty. The program started fine, it was just void of any running downloads and as i said, all of the favorite hubs had vanised. Is that just my prblem and not a common thing, or does this happen because of a bug in the progeam?

Thanks, and all the best from England!

David
Yankee Trader
An American "Horse Trader" who enjoys the barter system!

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2006-03-08 16:09

www.hublist.org would be a good place to start.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

Yankee Trader

Post by Yankee Trader » 2006-03-09 02:04

TheParanoidOne wrote:www.hublist.org would be a good place to start.
Thanks for your help, mate...but when I go to that page and try the links I get error messages, or funny characters all over the page. Is there anyplace else that lists public hubs so I can select a few more for my DC++?

Thanks again for trying to help me. I appreciate your time, my friend.

Warm regards,

David
Yankee Trader
An American "Horse Trader" who enjoys the barter system!

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2006-03-09 15:42

Yankee Trader wrote:try the links I get error messages, or funny characters all over the page.
Do you mean you are clicking links like this one?

http://www.hublist.org/PublicHubList.config.bz2

If so, they are not meant to be viewed in your browser. You are supposed to add them to the public hubs list section of DC++.

If that's not what you are talking about, please clarify. hublist.org is a good resource and I'm sure it's exactly the kind of thing that you are after.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words