Help with PtokaX 0.3.3.1 and socks5 proxy for a work-around

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

niamul

Help with PtokaX 0.3.3.1 and socks5 proxy for a work-around

Post by niamul » 2006-01-25 03:49

Hello, i use PtokaX 0.3.3.1 as the hub and the clients are dc++ 0.6811

here is the thing. i have a hub and about 50 clients. the network is setup in such a way (and cannot be changed) that one client cannot get the file list of the other but can download from the dc++ client setup on the hub machine(server).

i'm looking for a work-around. dc++ seems to work with socks5 proxy. i'm using wingate but i can't seem to be able to configure it. any other software capable of doing the job would work great too. i want the socks5 to relay the data between two users..how might i be able to achieve it?

as i see that many of you are knowledgable and would be able to help me, i was hoping what would you do...

i'm running it on a windows 2003 enterprise edition server with kerio server firewall 1.1.2

Corayzon

Post by Corayzon » 2006-01-25 07:47

The hub itself doesnt handle any downloading\uploading of client to client data. It only relays ip address's for each user between themselfs. Ie, Peer-2-Peer.

So its not a problem with your hubsoft, but the client settings in dc++.

Please tell me where the clients connect to the sever? (clients are in a local network, clients are from the internet)

Any other information about the server\client network will help us solve ur problem

Besides this, please update ptokax at, www.ptokax.org.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2006-01-25 12:48

It's hard to know what your setup is, and that's where all the details that would allow us to help you lie.

The answer will be Ptokax specific, so you could try their board: http://board.univ-angers.fr/main.php

Quattro

Post by Quattro » 2006-01-25 12:54

probably a upgrade could fix some things too...
www.ptokax.org for newest version
You can send a message around the world in 1/7 of a second; yet it may take several years to move a simple idea through a 1/4 inch of human skull.

niamul

Post by niamul » 2006-01-25 22:52

i am on a fiber optic network. from the ptokax server through fiber to a media converter (fiber to cat5) which joins a concentrator and then through xdsl to end user.

under 1 media converter we have about 50 or so users and we have about 10 media converters at the moment and communication between media converters have been disabled. but end user can reach ptokax server.

okay...i have been able to find a work around

updating the ptokax was not required.

i got hold of the latest dc++ software which lets you enter a tcp and udp port address and then a socks5 address and port.

on the ptokax server, i installed socks5 proxy which is now relaying the data between two clients. i am using wingate socks proxy