Lua Slave 1.04 for PtokaX Hub Software

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Corayzon

Lua Slave 1.04 for PtokaX Hub Software

Post by Corayzon » 2006-01-07 08:16

Thought PtokaX couldn't get easier?
Well your wrong, it just did!

Sick of screwing up scripts because u don't have the proper knowledge to edit them in notepad?
This is in the past!

Are you frustrated with making scripts in notepad?
Well this is the solutions for you!

Lua Slave 1.04 (PtokaX)

Lua Slave is also bundled with:

* SciTE
* Lua Slave FTP Server
* Smart FTP Client

Here are some screen shots:
Last edited by Corayzon on 2006-02-24 22:01, edited 8 times in total.

ivulfusbar

Post by ivulfusbar » 2006-01-07 09:05

Your product breaks several licenses, and i assume you will correct your misstakes.

to moderators: remove link
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.

Corayzon

Post by Corayzon » 2006-01-07 09:30

ivulfusbar wrote:Your product breaks several licenses, and i assume you will correct your misstakes.
I am unaware, please explain how and why...

** Edited From Here **

Just looked at the licenses for the bundled software. And yes you are correct that i am breaking the license for the ftp server.

I was unaware of this when i posted this topic, and now being aware, i have contacted the owners of the software to see what can be done.

Thankz for pointing this out ivulfusbar

bastya_elvtars

Post by bastya_elvtars » 2006-01-07 17:48

I think Notepad++ is GPLd.
Hey you, / Don't help them to bury the light... / Don't give in / Without a fight. (Pink Floyd)

Corayzon

Post by Corayzon » 2006-01-07 19:31

bastya_elvtars wrote:I think Notepad++ is GPLd.
notepad++ license wrote:TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
0. This License applies to any program or other work which contains a notice placed by the copyright holder saying it may be distributed under the terms of this General Public License. The "Program", below, refers to any such program or work, and a "work based on the Program" means either the Program or any derivative work under copyright law: that is to say, a work containing the Program or a portion of it, either verbatim or with modifications and/or translated into another language. (Hereinafter, translation is included without limitation in the term "modification".) Each licensee is addressed as "you".

Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are not covered by this License; they are outside its scope. The act of running the Program is not restricted, and the output from the Program is covered only if its contents constitute a work based on the Program (independent of having been made by running the Program). Whether that is true depends on what the Program does.

1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program
I don't void MY license in my distribution of the software

bastya_elvtars

Post by bastya_elvtars » 2006-01-08 00:24

GPL wrote:3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:

a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

c) Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer to distribute corresponding source code. (This alternative is allowed only for noncommercial distribution and only if you received the program in object code or executable form with such an offer, in accord with Subsection b above.)
The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. For an executable work, complete source code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable. However, as a special exception, the source code distributed need not include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies the executable.
If distribution of executable or object code is made by offering access to copy from a designated place, then offering equivalent access to copy the source code from the same place counts as distribution of the source code, even though third parties are not compelled to copy the source along with the object code.

4. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program except as expressly provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have received copies, or rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.
Hey you, / Don't help them to bury the light... / Don't give in / Without a fight. (Pink Floyd)

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2006-01-08 04:15

People still edit source code in Notepad? Man, I guess cygwin and vim have spoiled me...

Corayzon

Post by Corayzon » 2006-01-08 05:02

Im having problems being sure that i follow the GNU GPL for notepad++,

So ive contact the GNU requesting their help.

If anyone here knows what i need to do to follow the license please reply in this post:

Currently i have:

* Included the source for Notepad++
* Made the License for Notepad++ easy to find and stated in the License that its for Notepad++

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2006-01-08 08:48

PseudonympH wrote:People still edit source code in Notepad? Man, I guess cygwin and vim have spoiled me...
Notepad++ != Notepad
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

bastya_elvtars

Post by bastya_elvtars » 2006-01-08 10:31

Honestly, Corayzon, why don't yiou include SciTE instead? It's easier to run the LUA commandline from it, and if you add the LUA API, it can show tooltips on the built-in functions as well. And I have a PtokaX-specific highlighting configuration for it. ;)

Corayzon

Post by Corayzon » 2006-01-08 16:23

bastya_elvtars wrote:Honestly, Corayzon, why don't yiou include SciTE instead? It's easier to run the LUA commandline from it, and if you add the LUA API, it can show tooltips on the built-in functions as well. And I have a PtokaX-specific highlighting configuration for it. ;)
Sounds good, ill check it out =]

Thankz for the tip

Corayzon

Post by Corayzon » 2006-01-08 21:05

Thankz for all the help from the members on this board to ensure a healthy release of Lua Slave.

Corayzon

Post by Corayzon » 2006-01-11 20:03

Version 1.01 has been released.

Im very happy with this release and the bundled software that comes with it, what about u?

Corayzon

Post by Corayzon » 2006-01-13 19:01

New version out...

Lua Slave 1.02 Changes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added: Check in resource template\SendUserCommands to check if user supports User Commands
Added: Help menu to Main Dialog with links to Lua forums
Fixed: Bug in Array Entries of Tables where Strings would still contain quotes around the value
Changed: Setting objects in Table Editor now move according to comment object height
Added: Comments in Table Editor can now contain newlines and tabs

Lua Slave 1.01 Changes
Configured: SciTE for use with Lua Slave and PtokaX
Added: SciTE
Removed: Notepad++
Added: Licenses Directory with Licenses for need applications
Added: Lua Slave FTP Server
Removed: Cerberus FTP Server

Corayzon

Post by Corayzon » 2006-02-24 22:02

Lua Slave 1.04 Changes
* Added: Comment Blocks are now shown in blue for all editors
* Added: Edit Script Menu Item to ViewSettingsFiles Dialog
* Added: Start Hub With Windows Menu Item
* Added: LockVarTypes support for PtokaX scripts
* Updated: Lua Slave FTP Server
* Added: Lua Slave license
* Added: SettingsDirectories support to PtokaX scripts
* Added: SettingFiles support to PtokaX scripts
* Changed: Max lengths in setting edit dialog textboxs
* Added: Support in interpreter for comment blocks (--[[ Comment Block with newlines and such]])
* Fixed: Bug in interpreter where comments are loaded incorrectly