Kicking with a client side bot

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Sedulus
Forum Moderator

Re: Kicking with a client side bot

Post by Sedulus » 2003-01-07 20:16

Paradox wrote:Should I do a full a kick which mimics a client and includes a reason, or maybe just send the $Kick by it self?
I'd go with the former. if it generates too much kicks in the main chat, you can always decide to hide it. but I guess you'd like to see the effects of your bot, I would.
Paradox wrote:Since I'm writing it to be paired with a server side script I'm writing I could always implement an extra command to get rid of such users in a completely silent manner. I'm wondering if this is maybe the best approach?
curUser.Disconnect and then move 'em to temp/perm-ban?
nice touch.. I'd do that if the chat gets flooded yes. but I hope for your hubs sake that that's not the case ;)

/sed
http://dc.selwerd.nl/hublist.xml.bz2
http://www.b.ali.btinternet.co.uk/DCPlusPlus/index.html (TheParanoidOne's DC++ Guide)
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/dc (BSOD2600's Direct Connect FAQ)

sandos

Re: Kicking with a client side bot

Post by sandos » 2003-01-08 03:21

Paradox wrote:I'm currently writing a client side bot which will be used to get rid of nasties (such as fake share clients) that are hard to spot reliably with a sever side script. I'm not having too much trouble with it so far, though I do have one question for you guys. How should I deal with kicking offenders?

Should I do a full a kick which mimics a client and includes a reason, or maybe just send the $Kick by it self?

Since I'm writing it to be paired with a server side script I'm writing I could always implement an extra command to get rid of such users in a completely silent manner. I'm wondering if this is maybe the best approach?
I would make a "kickbot", that you can just privmsg "listen" to and it will tell all kicks to you in private. Then you just tell him "shut up" when you dont want them anymore.

This way, you (and any op or user thats interested) can see kicks to see that the bot isnt going insane.

:)

smitty

Post by smitty » 2003-03-09 00:04

try this

If chkVerbose.Value = vbChecked Then
wskHubConnection.SendData "<" + txtUserName.Text + "> I am " + "kicking " + Usr + " " + Reason + "|"
DoEvents
DoEvents
DoEvents
DoEvents
wskHubConnection.SendData "$To: " + Usr + " From: " + txtUserName.Text + " $<" + txtUserName.Text + "> You are being kicked " + Reason + "|"
Else
wskHubConnection.SendData "$To: " + Usr + " From: " + txtUserName.Text + " $<" + txtUserName.Text + "> You are being kicked " + Reason + "!|"
End If
DoEvents
DoEvents
DoEvents
DoEvents
wskHubConnection.SendData "$Kick " + Usr + "|"

smitty

Post by smitty » 2003-03-09 00:06

the DoEvents are required otherwise the useris kicked too quickly without recieving the PM

ivulfusbar

Post by ivulfusbar » 2003-03-09 06:18

make a good client or none at all, i'm getting tired of getting kicked by autokicks-bots that have been poorly written.....

they mostly do.. "oooh.. i don't recognice this guy and my logic is poorly written so... lets kick him and acuse him of beeing a cheater."
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.

smitty

Post by smitty » 2003-03-09 10:02

also you might want to add
If curUser.bAssHole then
wskHubConnection.SendData "<" + txtUserName.Text + "> !ban " + curUser.IP + "|"
End If
hehehehe

ender

Post by ender » 2003-03-09 10:27

The only problem is, that Paradox isn't writing her client in VB =)