Setting up a Hub

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Man of Ice

Setting up a Hub

Post by Man of Ice » 2004-08-17 08:28

Hi, I'm considreing starting up a hub. I've been using this as a start to try to find out what I need. But I still have a couple of questions.

1. I don't have a server, the only thing I have is a comcast.net storage/small webpage hotsing thing. I could probably find someone to help me out with this. But if I can't will this be a problem or could it interfere with the people on my hub's speed?

2. Will my computer have to remain on all the time?

3. I'm not really a programmer, so using vbasic or just about any language is not really an option. Is there any software that doesn't require a great deal of programming skills or is most hubsoftware fairly easy to use?

Thanks in advance. :D

BigDil

Post by BigDil » 2004-08-17 09:20

Your computer can be a server too, if you leave it online. ;) And you can't install hubsoftware to a webspace.

Desiundaground

Post by Desiundaground » 2004-08-17 13:13

Ptokax is very easy to configure so i would say thats the easiest :)

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2004-08-17 13:31

I would rather say that Y-Hubis much easier to use and configure as most things can ber done from the gui which in ptokax has to be done through scripting so it's easier to set up as you don't have to write any scripts. But if you want to do more advanced things ptokax is much better.