regall script

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

Scoffer

regall script

Post by Scoffer » 2003-03-01 06:58

Hi
I desided today to make my hub private...since in Finland DC gets more and more attention all the time...and not in positively...
so I'd be in need for script with these options :

Reg all - command to register all users who are currently in (and are not registered yet)
for example : reg all 666
and all still unregistered at the moment would become registered with password 666

changepass - lets user to chance his/her password

del reg - delete registered user, example del reg [OP]ScoffeR

first command was the most important command of all at the moment ...I don't want manually add few hundread users and their passwords...

is there any ready scripts for those ?
(at the moment I use gadget's general bot ((GREAT!!)) and few other scripts)

-Sc

ButterflySoul

Post by ButterflySoul » 2003-03-01 07:31

I don't think any script currently offers what you describe in reg - all
I'm not sure of the point of registering all the people in the hub, since it would mean that you would need to run the hub unregistered for a while anyway ? The users not in the hub at the time you type the command would be unable to access the hub later, when you switch the hub to "allow only registered users"

I would suggest using Aphrodite for example, which allows users to self-register, and to change their pass. That way, you can put up an announcement upon login for a week, and warn all your users that they need to register themselves because in x days, you'll switch the hub to registered users only.

You can find Aphrodite on DCStats (one of my fav scripts =)
[CoZ] Children of Zeus
-----
Shadows DC Hub - VBS and JS scripting at their best

Scoffer

Post by Scoffer » 2003-03-01 07:47

ahh...thnx...aphrodite sounds like what I need...I got to try it right away...
but that reg all command would be needed only for this first time...after that all unregistered users who feel like they deserve to get back in, can connect me or my operators via few other hubs...
just that I really don't feel to add these 150 users manually...and if I don't add them, more than half disappear, becouse all af them are not on computer at the moment...

...and I would't feel good to inform about privating the hub for a week, since ppl have started to panic after 300 user got mailed by local operator, and these days mediaforce sends to those operators thoulsands of messages / month about sharing...and specially about sharing in dc++

but anyway thnax for giving a tip about aphrodite...

ButterflySoul

Post by ButterflySoul » 2003-03-01 08:06

I would't feel good to inform about privating the hub for a week, since ppl have started to panic after 300 user got mailed by local operator, and these days mediaforce sends to those operators thoulsands of messages / month about sharing...and specially about sharing in dc++
Just use the list on http://www.freewebs.com/coz/en/ipinfo.html to ban them, then...

Ade also made a very alternative script that uses the same IPList, in case you don't want to use the script on my webpage :
http://dev.direct-connect.nu/dctools/IPBlocker1.zip
[CoZ] Children of Zeus
-----
Shadows DC Hub - VBS and JS scripting at their best

Scoffer

Post by Scoffer » 2003-03-01 08:14

that's a one good way...but I'm sure that when they can't get to most of hubs anymore, ip adresses change, methods change etc... so I decided to do it this way...afterall...I got enoght users...No need to adwertize nor even be in public hublist...
only bad side in this registered only thing is that now I get alot less users to ban'n'flood'kick ;)
me and my OP's really like to flood some real jerks...
if someone has something wrong in filelist...that's ok...everyone does mistakes, but fake sharers and so on really deserves floodin =)
-Sc

Snooze

Post by Snooze » 2003-03-01 08:29

For more scripts, check this site : www.snooze.no-ip.com

;) I'm sure that you'll find msot of the scripts you need to run a private hub :p

Scoffer

Post by Scoffer » 2003-03-01 08:50

that was a good site...
after browsing it, I started to think of using hub password ...
I assume it prevents also mediaforce etc. from finding anything ?

Scoffer

Post by Scoffer » 2003-03-01 10:21

snooze ...the password script didn't work...got ideas ?
it asks it, but lets in right away...
-Sc

TMM

Post by TMM » 2003-03-01 16:00

why not just keep the hub none public,

you said the answer yourself with " i dont even need to be on hublist"

if u untick register hub, it will no longer be public, no-one will see it. it will be in no list whats so ever, it will basically be like a ftp site with muliple users.... sorta :)) lol
ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if the dope dont get you. The acid must

Scoffer

Post by Scoffer » 2003-03-01 18:15

that's one way also yep...but more I'd like it being on public list, but access would be only at permission...
maybe it's somekind of need to be seen ;)
-Sc

Scoffer

Post by Scoffer » 2003-03-02 02:28

OK...I looked at afhrodite...but it seemed a little bit of too multi-bot ...becouse I don't want to lose gadgets generalbot, and absolutely don't want to save anykindof database at somewhere else than in dc hub ...dc hub has built in registering user database so I'll use that one...
but I can't find a simple script to allow basic thing :

Users to register by theirself
users to change their password
OP commands to :
register users and change their password

I've now searched 'bout 5 script pages...got more addresses ? =)
-Sc