Multiple Computers behind firewall

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

miketinte

Multiple Computers behind firewall

Post by miketinte » 2004-06-24 17:48

Hello All, I'm hoping somewhere out there has a solution to my problem....

Ok...I have 5 computers behind an NAT router. Basically I want all 5 computers to be able to ACTIVELY connect in DC++. The problem, however, is that DC++ doesn't seem to work when one puts the address of a DynDNS-type service (versus a real dotted decimal IP) in the IP box in settings and I don't want to have to manually update each of the 5 computers everytime my IP changes..

I have no problem running a hub on one computer and having the other 4 connect through that, but is there any hub software out there that would act as a gateway of sorts to allow all the computers to search hubs that the "gateway" is connected to?

Thanks for any help.

Xan1977
Forum Moderator

Re: Multiple Computers behind firewall

Post by Xan1977 » 2004-06-24 18:39

miketinte wrote:Ok...I have 5 computers behind an NAT router. Basically I want all 5 computers to be able to ACTIVELY connect in DC++.
Forward a different port for each computer.
miketinte wrote: The problem, however, is that DC++ doesn't seem to work when one puts the address of a DynDNS-type service (versus a real dotted decimal IP) in the IP box in settings and I don't want to have to manually update each of the 5 computers everytime my IP changes..
A dynamic name will work, I'm using a no-ip.com address and uploading as we speak. You may have to give the dynamic DNS service some time to get everything updated.
miketinte wrote:I have no problem running a hub on one computer and having the other 4 connect through that, but is there any hub software out there that would act as a gateway of sorts to allow all the computers to search hubs that the "gateway" is connected to?
Nope, sorry.