I got 3 hubhosters for my hub but how can i prevent downtime

Which hub software is the best? Where can I find script XXX? Discuss it here...(no, this is not for advertising your hub...)

Moderator: Moderators

nikhil_rulez

I got 3 hubhosters for my hub but how can i prevent downtime

Post by nikhil_rulez » 2004-06-04 14:10

I have 3 hub hosters ready to host my hub.
right now 1 of them is hosting but sometimes unexpectedly his connection or computer has some problems and the hub goes off for a little time.

since it goes off unexpectedly i cant redirect the users before the hub goes off , to another hub hosted by another hubhoster.

Please suggest me what to do so that the hub always stays on(without redirection).
i dont want hub-link as it doesnt work with yhub.

can i set up a no-ip.com (or something else) account and give to it my hosters ip addresses so that if 1st choice ip is down it can connect to the second one.

this is just a guess
BUT there must be someway to prevent UNexpected downtime(without redirection)

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-06-04 14:41

What you want, generally, is failover. So when one machine goes down, the record will then point to a machine that's up. Maybe this can even happen quickly enough to beat DC++'s 2 minute reconnect timer.

Google for some people who provide this service, you will likely have to pay for it.

GaNgStArR

Re

Post by GaNgStArR » 2004-06-08 17:06

Or how about you make your own hub? Or is the problem that you then have to blame yourself if your computer/internet messes up? :?
Before asking dumb questions
1. Read the FAQ
2. Search the forum for it...
3. Try Google