Compiling Problems

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

McK

Compiling Problems

Post by McK » 2004-04-05 13:00

Linking...
stlport_vc7_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual char const * __thiscall _STL::__Named_exception::what(void)const " (?what@__Named_exception@_STL@@UBEPBDXZ) already defined in ADLSearchFrame.obj
stlport_vc7_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall _STL::__Named_exception::~__Named_exception(void)" (??1__Named_exception@_STL@@UAE@XZ) already defined in ADLSearchFrame.obj
stlport_vc7_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall _STL::logic_error::~logic_error(void)" (??1logic_error@_STL@@UAE@XZ) already defined in ADLSearchFrame.obj
stlport_vc7_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall _STL::length_error::~length_error(void)" (??1length_error@_STL@@UAE@XZ) already defined in ADLSearchFrame.obj
stlport_vc7_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall _STL::out_of_range::~out_of_range(void)" (??1out_of_range@_STL@@UAE@XZ) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
stlport_vc7_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall _STL::__Named_exception::__Named_exception(class _STL::basic_string,class _STL::allocator > const &)" (??0__Named_exception@_STL@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@@Z) already defined in ADLSearchFrame.obj
stlport_vc7_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl _STL::__stl_throw_out_of_range(char const *)" (?__stl_throw_out_of_range@_STL@@YAXPBD@Z) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
stlport_vc7_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl _STL::__stl_throw_length_error(char const *)" (?__stl_throw_length_error@_STL@@YAXPBD@Z) already defined in ADLSearchFrame.obj
LIBCMTD.lib(crt0init.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'libcmt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
.\App/DCPlusPlus.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

I received this putput in compiling.
Workd all correctly but compile process "crash" on linking pakage. I've followed the rules in compile.txt and i'm using all newest version of dc++ and add-in package in vc 2003. :-|

Help me!

Bye all, McK

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-04-05 20:50

It looks, rather, like you're using a non-standard version of STLPort, as it's trying to compile it into a .lib.

Can you download the one from: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=40287
and give it a try instead?

McK

Post by McK » 2004-04-06 01:11

No i solved the problem. Probably happened something when i try to compiling first time. I have tryed to rebuilt all and works correctly! ;)

So wasn't problem of stl or wtl (i have report here my "experience" for any other compiler ;))

And another question: why the official version (compiling by you) is about 600k and mine is over 2mb?!

Naga

Post by Naga » 2004-04-06 02:28

You probably did a debug build and the official one is a release build (debug isn't optimized and it includes alot of info for helping to debug, hence the name)
Thanks to all open source programmers!
They enable the rest of us to learn a lot!

McK

Post by McK » 2004-04-06 05:57

mmm ok but the memory's occupation is the same for two different version (debug and release) or debug one take more?
If problem is only on the dimension of a file i think is a not a big problem.

McK

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Post by Guitarm » 2004-04-06 06:35

Well........., I don't now If I understand you correctly but the debug version is a whole lot slower due to all the assertions/checkings of added code, being done. I do assume you want to build a release version unless you're doing some development/testing of some kind