0.211, zlib.lib problem on build please read

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMM

0.211, zlib.lib problem on build please read

Post by TMM » 2003-01-03 09:40

hiya welcome back to normal hay, okay i use vb6, i go to open workspace and choose the one for dc++ src.

now i add wtl,stlport, framework, and platform sdk, and on build i get this error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "vc6\Debug\zlib\zlib.lib"

this is what i am compiling for:

i am making a right click menu modification for hub owner. the options:

deop
op
supfld (superflood)

all they do is send the word with username selected to main chat

then i wish to add a addition to the menu bar to include:

hub setup ie..

hub minshare
slidermaxusers

all processed through pm to a bot, or if i can it will be a form that udates the hub.

no scam, fiddle, diddle, dodgy stuff or anything like that...

would be very grateful, been doing this now for a week and gone from 668 errors to 1

lol

Post by Guest » 2003-01-03 10:37

okay found and installed zlib.lib

ran on and then got this

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "stlport_vc6_static.lib"

so i defined _STLP_NO_IOSTREAMS in the users config file and then:

so what the hell is it easyer just to take out the calls for zlib.lib?

ivulfusbar

Post by ivulfusbar » 2003-01-03 10:58

do you use vc6? or .NET?

I had some problems opening the wrong file (the vc6) with .NET and got some errors about comiler-flags around zlib. (i think it was /FAs).

Opening the right proj file (the one for .NET) made everything work perfectly (windows-style-ok-ok-ok-click-done-finish).

well-not-sure-if-this-has-anything-todo-with-it-and-i-will-personly-never-understand-microsofts-compiler-gui's-ly'ers

muu

Post by muu » 2003-01-03 11:09

ivulfusbar: do whats the correct file? i use vs.net and opened DCPlusPlus.sln but get the zlib error...
but only when i compile release version, not debug version :/

Post by Guest » 2003-01-03 11:15

VB6

however i have .net

but dont know what one is the right project file to open as im new to ++
and usually mess with VB

TMM

or man

Post by TMM » 2003-01-03 12:31

orrr man pleeeez geez i got zlib.lib, and now ive made all the stlport lib files and dll's and now i get this............

stlport_vc6_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl _STL::__stl_throw_out_of_range(char const *)" (?__stl_throw_out_of_range@_STL@@YAXPBD@Z) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
stlport_vc6_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl _STL::__stl_throw_length_error(char const *)" (?__stl_throw_length_error@_STL@@YAXPBD@Z) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
stlport_vc6_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "char const * __cdecl _STL::__get_c_string(class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const &)" (?__get_c_string@_STL@@YAPBDABV?$basic_string@DV?$ch
ar_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@@Z) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
stlport_vc6_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall _STL::__Named_exception::__Named_exception(class __Named_exception::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const &)" (??0__Named_excepti
on@_STL@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@@Z) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
stlport_vc6_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual char const * __thiscall _STL::__Named_exception::what(void)const " (?what@__Named_exception@_STL@@UBEPBDXZ) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
stlport_vc6_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall _STL::__Named_exception::~__Named_exception(void)" (??1__Named_exception@_STL@@UAE@XZ) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
stlport_vc6_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall _STL::logic_error::~logic_error(void)" (??1logic_error@_STL@@UAE@XZ) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
stlport_vc6_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall _STL::length_error::~length_error(void)" (??1length_error@_STL@@UAE@XZ) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
stlport_vc6_static.lib(dll_main.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall _STL::out_of_range::~out_of_range(void)" (??1out_of_range@_STL@@UAE@XZ) already defined in Advanced2Page.obj
LIBCMTD.lib(crt0init.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "libcmt.lib" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
client.lib(CryptoManager.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _deflateInit_
client.lib(CryptoManager.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _deflate
client.lib(CryptoManager.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflateInit_
client.lib(CryptoManager.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflate
client.lib(DownloadManager.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _inflateEnd
client.lib(BufferedSocket.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _deflateEnd
App/DCPlusPlus.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

DCPlusPlus.exe - 16 error(s), 1 warning(s)

man i only had 1 error now its 16
someone help me before i burst, now im using an unmodiefied dc++ i just wana compile the thing now.
lol

Trem0r

Post by Trem0r » 2003-01-04 07:23

i just installed vc .NET stl and wtl libraries and it compiled just fine both in debug and release, so maybe you messed with some settings.