Status of client in Linux

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

paskharen

Status of client in Linux

Post by paskharen » 2004-01-27 15:00

Hi

I'm making a Linux version of DC++. 'Till now everything has been pretty smooth, you can download the hub list, connect to a hub, change the settings, etc. but now I just can't get it to download files... It seems to add them to the queue alright, but then nothing. So my question is simply is if anyone knows if the client is ready for this "out of the box" or if there is modification needed? Is there even a patch? Or am I just stupid? If there indeed are changes needed to the client part, does anyone have a rough idea of what need to be done?

The reason I ask is that I find things like this:

Code: Select all

#ifdef _WIN32
	void setBlocking(bool block) throw(SocketException) {
		u_long b = block ? 0 : 1;
		ioctlsocket(sock, FIONBIO, &b);
	}
#else
	void setBlocking(bool block) throw(SocketException) {
	}
#endif
where the non win32 version of things seem a bit *ahem* sub-par =) in for example Socket.h. And then we have the #warning in Thread.h etc.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-01-31 17:50

It's a bit hard to test any of the code in the client project without writing either a separate test application or linux gui code...

Most of us devs and mod-makers have linux boxes, so come to the [url=dchub://surfnet.mine.nu:1416]DCDev hub[/url] and ask for help. If you provide the code you've created so done so far (something, alas, several people attempting linux ports have not done), we can help you debug/fix issues you may have.

I believe arne would be interested in having an official linux port of DC++ as well.