(...) LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with(...) HELP

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
[PT]Devilishly
Posts: 96
Joined: 2003-04-18 05:57
Location: Oporto, Portugal
Contact:

(...) LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with(...) HELP

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2004-01-24 16:36

Code: Select all

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

Does anyone know how can I solve this problem? I really don’t know why it appears, since every time I made a change to the source I compiled it, but after I done a “Rebuild Solution�, it came. Another strange thing is that the executable file, before that compiling error was 1.23 MB and now is almost 3.39 MB...

I’m using VS.Net 2003 + DCPlusPlus-STLPort-4.5.1020/DCPlusPlus-wtl7.0-src and the client is based on 0.304 dc++

Thanks in advance,
[PT]Devilishly

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 2003-05-07 02:38
Location: Sweden, Linkoping

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2004-01-25 02:03

That's just a warning so perhaps it works anyway?

[PT]Devilishly
Posts: 96
Joined: 2003-04-18 05:57
Location: Oporto, Portugal
Contact:

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2004-01-25 07:56

Well, it let me compile the client, but when I try to open it(in the same directory where previous versions were running) I receive this error:

Image

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 2003-05-07 02:38
Location: Sweden, Linkoping

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2004-01-25 09:13

You can always back up you modifications, and then remove them one by one and rebuld solution between every change unti you have located the problem...

psf8500
Posts: 23
Joined: 2003-03-04 18:51
Contact:

Post by psf8500 » 2004-01-25 11:05

I think i remeber having this problem before. I solved it by going to DCPlusPlus properties > Linker > Input and added LIBCMTD.lib (i think) to Ignore specific library.
This may not have been the right way to fix it (i dont have to do this now) but it made it link ok.
I think it was some sort of conflict between SDK and STLPort.

[PT]Devilishly
Posts: 96
Joined: 2003-04-18 05:57
Location: Oporto, Portugal
Contact:

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2004-01-25 13:28

Thanks for your help joakim_tosteberg and psf8500 !!! I now know what I did wrong :D The problem was(I think...), when I passed the source code from my laptop to my PC, I forgot to activate “Show hidden files� so the file DCPlusPlus.suo wasn’t in the source. I suppose that is the problem, since I tried now and client compiled and no longer has that problem I post before :)

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

Locked