down to the last 3 errors! Please help.

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

cherrio

down to the last 3 errors! Please help.

Post by cherrio » 2003-09-30 08:15

Hi,

I am tring to compile Black clawa varation of DC++. Started off with 37 errors, but after searching the posts here for two odd hours, manahed to get it down to 3 last errors.

I cannot find a solution to the problem, any help would really be great. The errors are,

DCPlusPlus error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _bitziEncodeBase32 referenced in function "public: static class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > __cdecl HashManager::MakePrintableHash(struct HashManager::Hash<24> const &)" (?MakePrintableHash@HashManager@@SA?AV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL@@ABU?$Hash@$0BI@@1@@Z)

DCPlusPlus error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _bitziDecodeBase32 referenced in function "public: static struct HashManager::Hash<24> __cdecl HashManager::MakeBinaryHash(class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const &)" (?MakeBinaryHash@HashManager@@SA?AU?$Hash@$0BI@@1@ABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL@@@Z)

DCPlusPlus error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl tiger(unsigned __int64 *,unsigned __int64,unsigned __int64 *)" (?tiger@@YAXPA_K_K0@Z) referenced in function "private: static __int64 __cdecl HashManager::hash_file_stack(char *,class File &,int)" (?hash_file_stack@HashManager@@CA_JPADAAVFile@@H@Z)

I have upgraded the STL release to the latest on the DC++ download page. Not quite sure which directory to "include" in the Option -> Projects -> VC++ Directories. Is it just the base STL folder? (In my case ity would be E:\complie\stlport\ or is it some sub folder of that, that is ment to be included?)

I am compiling on VS .Net 2002.

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-09-30 09:53

You shall just include the root of STLport(E:\complie\stlport\).
Are you having the hashmanaget.c/h and the tiger.c/h included?

cherrio

Post by cherrio » 2003-09-30 15:11

good, had STLport setup ok then.

Forgive my ignorance, but where do I include tiger.c to? tiger.h goes into "client -> header files" correct?

I was unable to find the file hashmanaget.h or hashmanaget.c.

I have added "HashManager.cpp" to "Client -> Source Files" and "HashManager.h" to "Client -> Header Files".

thanks for the help.

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-09-30 23:04

cherrio wrote:I was unable to find the file hashmanaget.h or hashmanaget.c.
Sorry for that, didn´t look up which extensions there are.
cherrio wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but where do I include tiger.c to? tiger.h goes into "client -> header files" correct?
And the other file should go under client-> source files

cherrio

Post by cherrio » 2003-10-01 03:25

after adding tiger.c to the Client -> Source and tiger.h to Client -> headers, I get one extra error,

Code: Select all

client fatal error C1853: '.\vc6\Debug\client/client.pch' precompiled header file is from a previous version of the compiler, or the precompiled header is C++ and you are using it from C (or vice versa)
Still not quite sure what you ment by hashmanaget.h or hashmanaget.c, should I have those files or did you mean hashmanager.CPP and hashmanager.h?

I tried the things suggested on: http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum ... ight=c1853 but hasn't worked. Any other suggestions?

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-10-01 03:52

i meant hashmanager.cpp and hashmanager.h. Try to compile it with vs .net 2003 or 2003.

Atomic Jo

Post by Atomic Jo » 2003-10-01 07:00

To cherrio:

Try to clean your project and recompile and link your project. Because of the new files you have to add, the precompiled header is not up to date.

Hope this helps you :)

cherrio

Post by cherrio » 2003-10-01 07:15

OK, down to two errors,

client fatal error C1853: '.\vc6\Debug\client/client.pch' precompiled header file is from a previous version of the compiler, or the precompiled header is C++ and you are using it from C (or vice versa)

DCPlusPlus fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'vc6\Debug\client\client.lib'
(the \Debug\client\client.lib file does not exist)

A litle confused by what Sedulus wrote on the other thread,
foobar.c -> properties -> c++ -> precompiled headers -> not using precompiled headers
which file is he talking about altering the properties of?

Almost there, thanks for the help guys.

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-10-01 08:27

He talks about some files called foobar.c but ignore this and do the same toy yuor tiger.c(and h?) and see if it works (clean before build again).

cherrio

Post by cherrio » 2003-10-01 10:40

ok, tried that, but now it produces over 100 errors!!

Ahhh, why is this so much trouble!?

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-10-01 11:10

If I´m not are wrong, are you using visual c++ 6? If you do so try to get vs .net 2002 or 2003 and open the project with the .sln file instead and I don´d think it will be any problem.

cherrio

Post by cherrio » 2003-10-01 12:10

No, I am using VS .net 2002.

I'm totally at a loss what to try now!

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-10-01 12:41

I´m out of ideas. Paranoid or someone help.

//Edit: But I think it can be a good idea do delet the whole blackclaws dc++ and download it again and beggin fro mthe beginning but don´t change that with precompiled headr this time.

BaGRoS

Post by BaGRoS » 2003-10-02 10:02

I down to 2 errors ;(

--------------------Configuration: client - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
ConnectionManager.cpp
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT\stl/_hashtable.h(557) : error C2660: '()' : function does not take 1 parameters
        C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT\stl/_hashtable.h(556) : while compiling class-template member function 'unsigned int __thiscall _STL::hashtable<struct _STL::pair<class ConnectionQueueItem * const,unsigned long>,class Connect
ionQueueItem *,struct PointerHash<class ConnectionQueueItem>,struct _STL::_Select1st<struct _STL::pair<class ConnectionQueueItem * const,unsigned long> >,struct _STL::equal_to<class ConnectionQueueItem *>,class _STL::allocator<struct _STL::pair<clas
s ConnectionQueueItem * const,unsigned long> > >::_M_bkt_num_key(class ConnectionQueueItem *const & ,unsigned int) const'
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT\stl/_hashtable.h(557) : error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function
        C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT\stl/_hashtable.h(556) : while compiling class-template member function 'unsigned int __thiscall _STL::hashtable<struct _STL::pair<class ConnectionQueueItem * const,unsigned long>,class Connect
ionQueueItem *,struct PointerHash<class ConnectionQueueItem>,struct _STL::_Select1st<struct _STL::pair<class ConnectionQueueItem * const,unsigned long> >,struct _STL::equal_to<class ConnectionQueueItem *>,class _STL::allocator<struct _STL::pair<clas
s ConnectionQueueItem * const,unsigned long> > >::_M_bkt_num_key(class ConnectionQueueItem *const & ,unsigned int) const'
Error executing cl.exe.

DCPlusPlus.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
??? Help ???
8) BaGRoS 8)

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-10-02 11:28

Are you using the correct stl?

BaGRoS

Post by BaGRoS » 2003-10-02 12:47

joakim_tosteberg wrote:Are you using the correct stl?

I think YES...

stlport-4.5.3-dcpp zip 551 836====>

Compiling...
ConnectionManager.cpp
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT\stl/_hashtable.h(557) : error C2660: '()' : function does not take 1 parameters
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT\stl/_hashtable.h(557) : error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function
Error executing cl.exe.

DCPlusPlus-STLPort-4.5.0725 zip 556 698 ====>

Compiling...
ConnectionManager.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

DCPlusPlus 0.251-0.261 compiling fine... ;( VS6...
8) BaGRoS 8)

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-10-02 13:15

Try to add hashtable.h as a header to the client project and see if it works better then. Also make sure that you are using the latest sdk.

BaGRoS

Post by BaGRoS » 2003-10-02 23:08

joakim_tosteberg wrote:Try to add hashtable.h as a header to the client project and see if it works better then. Also make sure that you are using the latest sdk.
SDK yes, lates ...
hashtable.h not work, same error :cry:
8) BaGRoS 8)

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-10-02 23:29

Looks like it´s something i don´t like in hashtable.h but I have no idea abot what or why.

BaGRoS

Post by BaGRoS » 2003-10-03 10:53

:? :| :cry:
8) BaGRoS 8)

Megasmurf

Post by Megasmurf » 2003-10-05 12:59

I got the same errors ? as BaGRoS :(

Can please someone help us !
The one and only
/Megasmurf

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-10-05 13:07

I did just notice someting:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT\stl
this looks more like somekind of default stlport and not someone you have downloaded yourself. Have you added the stlport you downloaded to your includepath in vs .net? And more important, is it included _BEFORE_ the standard include paths?

BaGRoS

Post by BaGRoS » 2003-10-05 23:28

joakim_tosteberg wrote:I did just notice someting:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT\stl
this looks more like somekind of default stlport and not someone you have downloaded yourself. Have you added the stlport you downloaded to your includepath in vs .net? And more important, is it included _BEFORE_ the standard include paths?
]

VS 6 <-- !!!! :idea:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\WTL
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT\STL
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT SDK\LIB
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT SDK\INCLUDE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE
and 2 error

and 2 error...
8) BaGRoS 8)

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-10-06 00:07

look most right, C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT, is then the directory you have downloaded and extracted stlport to?
Also, the wtl don´t have to be included before standard includepats, does it give any diffrence if you cahnge it ti be after the standard includepaths?(

)

BaGRoS

Post by BaGRoS » 2003-10-06 11:40

Compiling...
ConnectionManager.cpp
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\STLPORT\stl/_hashtable.h(557) : [...]int) const'
Error executing cl.exe.

8) BaGRoS 8)