Commands for DC++ users

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

ray

Commands for DC++ users

Post by ray » 2003-01-28 10:36

I'm an operator on a hub. I decided to use dc++ and realized that the commands of the hub didn't work. There are no window opening. I have no idea why since it works find with DC users

sarf

Re: Commands for DC++ users

Post by sarf » 2003-01-28 11:27

ray wrote:I'm an operator on a hub. I decided to use DC++ and realized that the commands of the hub didn't work.
Did you log in as an OP to the hub? If not, open up the favorite hubs pane and add the hubs you are an OP in (don't forget to enter the nick and the password you use on each hub).
ray wrote:There are no window opening. I have no idea why since it works [fine] with DC users
Ummmm... What window do you want to open itself automatically?

I am sorry, but you do need to provide us with some more information if we are to have any chance at all It is not down on any map; true places never are.of helping you.

Sarf
---
It is not down on any map; true places never are.

ray

Commands with more info :^)

Post by ray » 2003-01-28 11:32

Well on hubs you have commands such as +ops +time +whatever. And my hub I do have these commands working. They fine with regular DC but with DC++ if you type one of these commands in the central chat there are no windows opening. Like For +ops the window of the liste of ops doesn't work. And like I saud the thing I don't get is that It works great with regular. So all my users with DC++ can't get acces to this commndsand the info they provide. Would you happen to have the magic solution :^)

sarf

Re: Commands with more info :^)

Post by sarf » 2003-01-28 12:00

ray wrote:[snip explanation on what real problem was]
Ah. I'd recommend you to check the Settings/Advanced pane, where you will find a number of options pertaining to private messages. Make sure that you do not ignore messages from a offline user (by enabling "Popup private messages" and "Popup messages from users that are not online (if not ignoring)" as well as disabling "Ignore messages from users that are not online (effective agains bots)"). This should get you out of trouble with your special commands.
ray wrote:And like I [said] the thing I don't get is that it works great with [the regular NM DC client], [which means that] all my users with DC++ can't get access to the commands and the info they provide. Would you happen to have the magic solution :^)
Well, I hope the above helps you and that you can then help your users. Glad to see an OP that cares for the users as well, by the way.

Sarf.
---
Never judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes, 'cuz by then, he's a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever the hell you want to.

ray

Commnds

Post by ray » 2003-01-28 12:10

Its not the solution apparently cause the pop ups while entering open. And I did all the modifications you told me. But it doesn't work for the commands on the chat. I don't understand the caus of that.

sarf

Re: Commnds

Post by sarf » 2003-01-28 12:36

ray wrote:Its not the solution apparently cause the pop ups while entering open. And I did all the modifications you told me. But it doesn't work for the commands on the chat. I don't understand the cause of that.
Alright.

Send me the address to your hub (in a forum PM) and I'll try to figure out what goes wrong. I'll report my findings back to this thread.

Sarf
---
I will never lie to you.

ray

Many thanks

Post by ray » 2003-01-28 14:54

Just posted this message to say. Thank you very much to Sarf who did it. Got my scrypts to work. And believe me he was patient very patient :^) Thank you again.

sarf

Re: Many thanks

Post by sarf » 2003-01-28 16:49

The problem was that the PM command ($To) is handled differently in NM DC and DC++.

DC++ requires that the PM command is sent exactly as it is specified to, while NM DC allows a somewhat looser interpretation.

The specification is as follows:

Code: Select all

$To: <othernick> From: <nick> $<<nick>> ;<message>
ray's scripts, however, sent two "kinds" of private messages:

$To: <othernick> From: <nick> $<<nick>> <message>
$To: <othernick> From: <nick> $ <message>
... and this is what made DC++ totally ignore the PMs.

I post this for future reference as well as naughty scripters that want to detect DC++ in a somewhat different way.

Sarf
---
The rain, it raineth on the Just and the Unjust fella. But chiefly on the Just because the Unjust steals the Just's umbrella.

Sedulus
Forum Moderator

Post by Sedulus » 2003-01-28 21:01

sarf wrote:

$To: <othernick> From: <nick> $<<nick>> ;<message>
you've been reading too much http://www.lwave.ca/DCHub/protocol.html I suppose.. the semi-colon shouldn't be there
http://dc.selwerd.nl/hublist.xml.bz2
http://www.b.ali.btinternet.co.uk/DCPlusPlus/index.html (TheParanoidOne's DC++ Guide)
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/dc (BSOD2600's Direct Connect FAQ)

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-01-29 06:30

Sedulus wrote:you've been reading too much http://www.lwave.ca/DCHub/protocol.html I suppose... the semi-colon shouldn't be there
That is very possible. It does work, however (which is why I recommended it).

Is there a more up-to-date protocol available somewhere?

Sarf
---
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.

ender

Post by ender » 2003-01-29 08:11

Maybe here?