add to include path

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

CYRUS_warkibo

add to include path

Post by CYRUS_warkibo » 2003-05-26 20:05

As I'm sure you can tell from my question I am new to programming. Can someone please give a more detailed description of how to and exactly where to add the required items to the include path. I am using vc++6. I am trying to compile version .2.5 of DC++
I believe you include these things to the include path by going to tools>otions>directories tab
there you can add things to include files, executable files, library files, and source files.
so where do you add sdk, stl, and wtl.
I may have done this correctly already, but it won't compile.
4 error(s), 27 warning(s)
this is the displayed compiling information:

Compiling...
stdinc.cpp
Compiling...
ADLSearch.cpp
BufferedSocket.cpp
Client.cpp
c:\documents and settings\jesse\desktop\dc++.25 source code\my hack\client\stringsearch.h(92) : warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned short', possible loss of data
c:\documents and settings\jesse\desktop\dc++.25 source code\my hack\client\stringsearch.h(101) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned short', possible loss of data
ClientManager.cpp
c:\documents and settings\jesse\desktop\dc++.25 source code\my hack\client\stringsearch.h(92) : warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned short', possible loss of data
c:\documents and settings\jesse\desktop\dc++.25 source code\my hack\client\stringsearch.h(101) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'unsigned short', possible loss of data
ConnectionManager.cpp
CryptoManager.cpp
DCPlusPlus.cpp
DirectoryListing.cpp
DownloadManager.cpp
FinishedManager.cpp
HttpConnection.cpp
HubManager.cpp
LogManager.cpp
QueueManager.cpp
ResourceManager.cpp
SearchManager.cpp
ServerSocket.cpp
SettingsManager.cpp
SFVReader.cpp
ShareManager.cpp
C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\my hack\client\ShareManager.cpp(582) : warning C4239: nonstandard extension used : 'argument' : conversion from 'struct _STL::auto_ptr<class _STL::vector<class StringSearch,class _STL::allo
cator<class StringSearch> > >' to 'struct _STL::auto_ptr<class _STL::vector<class StringSearch,class _STL::allocator<class StringSearch> > > &'
A reference that is not to 'const' cannot be bound to a non-lvalue
C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\my hack\client\ShareManager.cpp(670) : error C2040: 'i' : 'struct _STL::_Ht_iterator<struct _STL::pair<class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char
> > const ,class ShareManager::Directory *>,struct _STL::_Nonconst_traits<struct _STL::pair<class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const ,class ShareManager::Directory *> >,class _STL::basic_string<
char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> >,struct _STL::hash<class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > >,struct _STL::_Select1st<struct _STL::pair<class _STL::basic_string<char,cl
ass _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const ,class ShareManager::Directory *> >,struct _STL::equal_to<class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > >,class _STL::allocator<struct _STL::
pair<class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const ,class ShareManager::Directory *> > >' differs in levels of indirection from 'class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL
::allocator<char> > *'
C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\my hack\client\ShareManager.cpp(670) : error C2679: binary '!=' : no operator defined which takes a right-hand operand of type 'struct _STL::_Ht_iterator<struct _STL::pair<class _STL::basic
_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const ,class ShareManager::Directory *>,struct _STL::_Nonconst_traits<struct _STL::pair<class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char>
> const ,class ShareManager::Directory *> >,class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> >,struct _STL::hash<class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > >,struc
t _STL::_Select1st<struct _STL::pair<class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const ,class ShareManager::Directory *> >,struct _STL::equal_to<class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char
>,class _STL::allocator<char> > >,class _STL::allocator<struct _STL::pair<class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const ,class ShareManager::Directory *> > >' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\my hack\client\ShareManager.cpp(671) : error C2039: 'second' : is not a member of 'basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> >'
C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\my hack\client\ShareManager.cpp(671) : error C2227: left of '->search' must point to class/struct/union
Generating Code...
warning C4786: '_STL::unary_function<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,
_STL::allocator<char> > const >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::_STLP_alloc_proxy<unsigned int,_STL::_Hashtable_node<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::al
locator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::hashtable<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL:
:allocator<char> >,_STL::hash<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Select1st<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_tra
its<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::equal_to<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::allocator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_stri
ng<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::_Ht_iterator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Nonconst_traits<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_stri
ng<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> >,_STL::hash<_STL::basic_string<char,_ST
L::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Select1st<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::equal_to<_STL
::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::allocator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >
> >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::_Hashtable_iterator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<c
har>,_STL::allocator<char> >,_STL::hash<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Select1st<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL
::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::equal_to<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::allocator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::
basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::_Ht_iterator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Const_traits<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<
char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> >,_STL::hash<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::
char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Select1st<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::equal_to<_STL::b
asic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::allocator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >
>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::hash_map<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> >,_STL::hash<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator
<char> > >,_STL::equal_to<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::allocator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<c
har>,_STL::allocator<char> > > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
Compiling...
SimpleXML.cpp
Socket.cpp
StringDefs.cpp
StringTokenizer.cpp
Thread.cpp
TimerManager.cpp
UploadManager.cpp
User.cpp
UserConnection.cpp
Util.cpp
Generating Code...
warning C4786: '_STL::hash_map<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> >,_STL::hash<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator
<char> > >,_STL::equal_to<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::allocator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<c
har>,_STL::allocator<char> > > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::_Ht_iterator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Nonconst_traits<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_stri
ng<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> >,_STL::hash<_STL::basic_string<char,_ST
L::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Select1st<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::equal_to<_STL
::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::allocator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >
> >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::_Hashtable_iterator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<c
har>,_STL::allocator<char> >,_STL::hash<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Select1st<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL
::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::equal_to<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::allocator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::
basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::unary_function<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,
_STL::allocator<char> > const >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::_STLP_alloc_proxy<unsigned int,_STL::_Hashtable_node<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::al
locator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::_Ht_iterator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Const_traits<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<
char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> >,_STL::hash<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::
char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Select1st<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::equal_to<_STL::b
asic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::allocator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >
>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
warning C4786: '_STL::hashtable<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL:
:allocator<char> >,_STL::hash<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::_Select1st<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_tra
its<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > >,_STL::equal_to<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > >,_STL::allocator<_STL::pair<_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > const ,_STL::basic_stri
ng<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> > > > >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
Error executing cl.exe.

DCPlusPlus.exe - 4 error(s), 27 warning(s)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-05-27 04:19

You add all directories to the include path.

The way this works, you normally just install the SDK and it sets up Visual Studio for you (but make sure the SDK directory is "above" the normal Visual Studio includes).

Then add the WTL directory and make sure it is on top.

Finally, and the STL-port directory and make darned sure it is above the WTL directory.

Try to compile (don't forget to "Rebuild All")

Good luck.

Sarf
---
That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

CYRUS_warkibo

Post by CYRUS_warkibo » 2003-05-28 10:52

I had already done that. Can someone comfirm wether this is the correct way of adding something to your include path with VC 6:
Tools meunu>options>directories tab, and then you just add new directories there.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-05-28 18:44

Well, in VS.NET, which presumably has a similar interface (;-)), Tools -> Options -> Projects -> VC++ Directories brings up a dialog box, and you have to select "Include directories" from the combo box.

CYRUS_warkibo

Post by CYRUS_warkibo » 2003-05-28 21:57

thanks. I now figured out that it seems as if sdk isn't being installed correctly. does anyone know of a place where I can download a simple setup program that will install it because when I use the suggested microsoft site it doesn't install correctly

CYRUS_warkibo

Post by CYRUS_warkibo » 2003-05-28 22:34

I am now sure that i have sdk installed correctly. I have added everything I am supposed to to my include path correctly. I still get the same compile errors and warnings as listed at the top. Can someone help me?

CYRUS_warkibo

Post by CYRUS_warkibo » 2003-05-29 20:02

I was starting to become very frustrated, so I "upgraded" to visual studio.net 2003 enterprise architect. Everything is now installed and included as it should be and these are the new compile errors and warnings:
------ Rebuild All started: Project: zlib, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'zlib', configuration 'Debug|Win32'.
Compiling...
zutil.c
uncompr.c
trees.c
infutil.c
inftrees.c
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\my hack\zlib\inftrees.c(454) : warning C4100: 'z' : unreferenced formal parameter
inflate.c
inffast.c
infcodes.c
infblock.c
deflate.c
compress.c
adler32.c
Generating Code...
Creating library...

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\my hack\vc6\Debug\zlib\BuildLog.htm"
zlib - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

------ Rebuild All started: Project: client, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'client', configuration 'Debug|Win32'.
Compiling...
stdinc.cpp
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : dependent name is not a type
prefix with 'typename' to indicate a type
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(138) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
_Traits=_STL::char_traits<char>,
_Alloc=_STL::allocator<char>
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(138) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(130) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(130) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(122) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(122) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(114) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(114) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(106) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(106) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(98) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(98) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(90) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(90) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(82) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(82) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(74) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stdexcept(74) : see reference to class template instantiation '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>' being compiled
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : error C2501: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' : dependent name is not a type
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before '*'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : dependent name is not a type
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2501: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2065: '_CharT' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' : dependent name is not a type
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier '__c'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2501: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2350: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' is not a static member
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C3861: '_CharT': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C2065: '_Traits' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C2065: '_Alloc' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C2955: '_STL::basic_string' : use of class template requires template argument list
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.h(1155) : see declaration of '_STL::basic_string'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C3861: '_CharT': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C3861: '_Traits': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C3861: '_Alloc': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C2955: '_STL::basic_string' : use of class template requires template argument list
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.h(1155) : see declaration of '_STL::basic_string'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(364) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(364) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(380) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\my hack\vc6\Debug\client\BuildLog.htm"
client - 21 error(s), 4 warning(s)

------ Rebuild All started: Project: bzip2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'bzip2', configuration 'Debug|Win32'.
Compiling...
randtable.c
huffman.c
decompress.c
crctable.c
compress.c
bzlib.c
blocksort.c
Generating Code...
Creating library...

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\my hack\vc6\Debug\bzip\BuildLog.htm"
bzip2 - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Rebuild All started: Project: DCPlusPlus, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'DCPlusPlus', configuration 'Debug|Win32'.
Compiling...
stdafx.cpp
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : dependent name is not a type
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
with
[
_CharT=char,
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : error C2501: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' : dependent name is not a type
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before '*'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : dependent name is not a type
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2501: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2065: '_CharT' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' : dependent name is not a type
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier '__c'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2501: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2350: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' is not a static member
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C3861: '_CharT': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C2065: '_Traits' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C2065: '_Alloc' : undeclared identifier
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C2955: '_STL::basic_string' : use of class template requires template argument list
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C3861: '_CharT': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C3861: '_Traits': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C3861: '_Alloc': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C2955: '_STL::basic_string' : use of class template requires template argument list
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(364) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(364) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\stl port uncompressed\stlport\stl\_string.c(380) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\DC++.25 source code\my hack\vc6\Debug\windows\BuildLog.htm"
DCPlusPlus - 21 error(s), 4 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Rebuild All: 2 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 skipped

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-05-30 07:07

CYRUS_warkibo wrote:I was starting to become very frustrated, so I "upgraded" to visual studio.net 2003 enterprise architect. Everything is now installed and included as it should be and these are the new compile errors and warnings:
Did you look for and find the patch in this forum against DC++ and STLPort for compilation under VS.NET 2003?

I applied them after installing and before compiling, and it worked flawlessly.

CYRUS_warkibo

Post by CYRUS_warkibo » 2003-05-30 11:33

Nope. I didn't know there was one. Exactly where is it anyway?

Nerek

Post by Nerek » 2003-05-30 13:57

I had the same problem with 0.25 sources so I tried with 0.251 and i got no problems with the latter.

I donnu why but it's worth trying :wink:

Nerek

Post by Nerek » 2003-05-30 14:03

i forgot to tell ya it was with VS 6 :P

CYRUS_warkibo

Post by CYRUS_warkibo » 2003-05-30 17:39

Tried it didn't work. anybody else have any ideas?

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-05-30 19:54

CYRUS_warkibo wrote:Tried it didn't work. anybody else have any ideas?

Ok, so you applied both the patches? (is that what "tried that" means?)

What set of errors do you get now?

:roll:

arnetheduck
The Creator Himself

Post by arnetheduck » 2003-05-30 20:02

stlport (and dc++) doesn't work with vs.net 2003...

Atomic Jo

Post by Atomic Jo » 2003-05-30 21:21

Maybe this link can help you :
http://www.tesnetwork.cz/00007467/czdc/ ... VS2003.rar

It's the STL Port 4.5.3 Visual Studio .NET 2003 Patched Package.

CYRUS_warkibo

Post by CYRUS_warkibo » 2003-05-31 17:02

Ok lets review a little. I was trying to compile DC++ v0.25 this with Visual Studio 6 pro. It wasn't compiling. I downloaded and included wtl and stl (yes they are at the top of my include directories with stl at the very top). It still wouldn't comile. I didn't see anything with sdk already in my include directories or on my computer so i downloaded and installed it. It did not add any new directories to my include path, so I thought it probably didn't install correctly. Then I found on my computer a in the sdk folder in my start menu something that said: integrate with microsoft visual studio. So I ran that and it added some sdk directories to my iclude path in VS. I moved them above the default VS include directories. It still didn't compile correctly. I also tried with DC++v.0251. I Installed Visual Studio.NET 2003. It wouln't compile with that either(don't really know why I thought it might work). I did not know about the patch for DC++ with VS.NET 2003 or the stl patch for VS.NET 2003. I still don't know where those patches are. Can someone please tell me? I tried including the stl from the link above. I now have both VS6 and VS.NET 2003 so I can try with both. Any ideas?

CYRUS_warkibo

Post by CYRUS_warkibo » 2003-05-31 18:20

This is the newest compile info I get with DC++ source V.0251 and VS6 (since I don't have the patch for .NET2003):
Compiling...
stdinc.cpp
c:\dc++ .251\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_threads.h(116) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function 'InterlockedIncrement' not allowed
c:\dc++ .251\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_threads.h(116) : see declaration of 'InterlockedIncrement'
c:\dc++ .251\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_threads.h(117) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function 'InterlockedDecrement' not allowed
c:\dc++ .251\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_threads.h(117) : see declaration of 'InterlockedDecrement'
c:\dc++ .251\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_threads.h(118) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function 'InterlockedExchange' not allowed
c:\dc++ .251\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_threads.h(118) : see declaration of 'InterlockedExchange'
Error executing cl.exe.

DCPlusPlus.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-05-31 19:21

CYRUS_warkibo wrote:I did not know about the patch for DC++ with VS.NET 2003 or the stl patch for VS.NET 2003. I still don't know where those patches are. Can someone please tell me?
They're both visible on the main page for this forum, finding "2003" in the page is enough to turn them up:

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=2299
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=2292

HTH!

[UKF]Inferno

Post by [UKF]Inferno » 2003-05-31 22:09

ok am i stupid or somethin, im gettin the same probs as above, got the patch, now where the hell do you run it, doesnt say anywhere, yes ive read it over 10 times just makie sure i havent missed anythin

someone please enlighten me before i pull my hair out and throw this comp out the window!

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-06-04 19:18

Patches are text files that tell the program "patch" how to modify files. They're a mainstay of unix programming. Find yoruself a windows port of patch and diff. I got mine from http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA010446 ... x1/#difpat You'll need to learn the syntax of patch, it accepts input from stdin, so you'll need to redirect input from the patch file.

This should help.

[UKF]Inferno

Post by [UKF]Inferno » 2003-06-05 06:56

thanx, thats as helpful as sayin get the patch and run it!

as i said ive already got it, read carefully please 'where do i run it?'

since its a patch its got to run in the right directory, unless your sayin i can run it anywhere which is doubtful!!

ender

Post by ender » 2003-06-05 13:45

To make a patch, use diff -Naur file.cpp.old file.cpp > my.patch, and then to apply this patch, run patch -Np1 < my.patch . If you don't run it in the correct directory, it'll nicely ask you which files to patch.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-06-05 18:55

[UKF]Inferno wrote:thanx, thats as helpful as sayin get the patch and run it!
as i said ive already got it, read carefully please 'where do i run it?'
since its a patch its got to run in the right directory, unless your sayin i can run it anywhere which is doubtful!!
I assumed that you'd know when to run programs from a command line where necessary. :) It's a unix command.

Thankfully ender has been explicit in his help, I hope you've got it now.