Stupid Question

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

[UKF]Inferno

Stupid Question

Post by [UKF]Inferno » 2003-05-26 11:07

right ive been usin BCDC++ for a few months now and i like it, but i found oDC 5.2 the other day looks nice etc, but there isnt an upload limiter (no i dont leech!!)
what i wanna know is, would it be hard to add the upload limiter from BCDC++ source code to oDC source code?

it would be for my own personal use, im not gonna advertise it on the net or anythin
just curious if it is possible or not

by the way ive got 0 experience programmin, so me thinks im jumpin in at the deep end here!!

TIA

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-05-26 11:17

Possible - yes, probably not even very hard to do for someone that is reasonably familiar with the DC++ source code.

If you have never made a program before, do not start off with DC++. While it is a neat program, it requires quite a bit of experience to understand what it it does.

Sarf
---
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if you don't take it out and use it it's going to rust.

[UKF]Inferno

Post by [UKF]Inferno » 2003-05-26 11:34

ok thanx, thats what i was thinkin, so since it needs quite a lot of experience, does anyone want to make a modified oDC for me with the upload limiter in place, sort of special edition one off program...Unique if you will, wont be distributed at all, to friends, web pages, newsgroups, etc

if anyone wants the challenge its there, my icq and msn address should be around here somewhere, oh there they are, just down there

TIA

[UKF]Inferno

Post by [UKF]Inferno » 2003-05-31 18:39

ok im back again, still determined to learn the DC++ code, but im havin trouble buildin, just thought i would follow the basics for now, get source code, stlport, wtl, etc...read through a few forums, see if there is any reoccuring probs people encounter
thought i had most of it set up ok, followed a few advice tips on the forums etc, went to build the it in debug mode, come up with a 100+ errors and 24 warnings all pointin at _string.c

had a look at a few other threads tried different things but nothin is workin, got all the files from the right places, got the latest SDK, VS.net

ive got stlport and wtl above the vc directories, etc

anyone wanna try and give me a hand or am i talkin to a brick wall?

any and all help is appreciated
TIA

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2003-05-31 18:54

I'm probably not the person who will be able to help, seeing as I've only got as far as cimpiling it myself, but I have a few suggestions:
  • Can you include a portion of the errors here so that we can see which files are having problems with _string.c
  • What kind of things have you tried, and what was the outcome?
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-05-31 19:26

[UKF]Inferno wrote:anyone wanna try and give me a hand or am i talkin to a brick wall?
any and all help is appreciated
TIA
Well, if you don't mind putting up pictures (on your own webspace) and linking them here to show us the include paths, or anything that shows that it's configured properly and yet still not working... go for it. :)

I can't help but think that everyone who has had problems compiling just missed some nuance of configuration. I know I did at first - my first attempt at building DC++ failed miserably. I downloaded the STLPort that was linked off of dcplusplus.sf.net, which wasn't the right version. And then I embarked on a mission to change the STLPort version detection, thinking that the "did you follow directions" was some sort of intelligence test. I didn't realize that I had the wrong version all along.

GargoyleMT,
not afraid to admit to being ignorant

[UKF]Inferno

Post by [UKF]Inferno » 2003-05-31 19:35

well this is the first load of errors it comes up with

g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find'
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : error C2501: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' : dependent name is not a type
prefix with 'typename' to indicate a type
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(337) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before '*'
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : dependent name is not a type
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find'
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2501: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::size_type' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2065: '_CharT' : undeclared identifier
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : warning C4346: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' : dependent name is not a type
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier '__c'
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2501: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2350: '_STL::basic_string<_CharT,_Traits,_Alloc>::find' is not a static member
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(350) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C3861: '_CharT': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C2065: '_Traits' : undeclared identifier
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C2065: '_Alloc' : undeclared identifier
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(362) : error C2955: '_STL::basic_string' : use of class template requires template argument list
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.h(1155) : see declaration of '_STL::basic_string'
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C3861: '_CharT': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C3861: '_Traits': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C3861: '_Alloc': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(363) : error C2955: '_STL::basic_string' : use of class template requires template argument list
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.h(1155) : see declaration of '_STL::basic_string'
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(364) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(364) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
g:\DC++\include\stlport-4.5.3-dcpp\stlport\stl\_string.c(380) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation

well just found out that the errors arent different, they are the same errors repeated error log in full

sorry didnt realise someone had posted a message, there is a pic of my includes on the web page now, anythin else you want to see just ask

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2003-05-31 19:49

I'm not a C++ person, so it's all gibberish to me ( :) ) but the _string.c lines seem to be complaining a lot about missing semicolons ( ; ). Maybe if you look into the file and see if they are actually missing, it might help. The file may have got mangled at some point.

Worth a try. :shrug:
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

[UKF]Inferno

Post by [UKF]Inferno » 2003-05-31 20:03

its been downloaded 2 - 3 times and still get the same errors, its been downloaded from the same place so that might have somethin to do with it

DCPlusPlus-wtl7.0-src downloaded from here http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dcpl ... p?download

stlport-4.5.3-dcpp downloaded from here http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dcpl ... p?download

anyone know of another location i can try for downloading these files?

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-05-31 20:24

Yeah, that's identical to mine it seems.

STLPort can be obtained from: http://www.stlport.org/archive/STLport-4.5.3.zip

WTL/ATL 7.0 can be obtained from: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... /WTL70.exe

[UKF]Inferno

Post by [UKF]Inferno » 2003-05-31 20:42

just downloaded those files and got even more errors, plus it says in the compile.txt not to use stlport from the stlport website

oh well, looks like im stuck with some probs!

anyone else wanna add some comments?

18 hours and no reply! hmmm, is that a good sign or a bad sign?