heap limit error

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

dieselmachine

heap limit error

Post by dieselmachine » 2003-05-16 08:44

Here is the exact output from an attempt to compile mainfrm.cpp (not building the whole project). Also of importance is the fact that I havent edited this file AT ALL. Also of more importance is that I attempted to change all the settings (project->settings) back to those initially set when first opening the dcplusplus.dsw file fresh out of the zip.

--------------------Configuration: DCPlusPlus - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
MainFrm.cpp
c:\stlport2\stl\_vector.h(496) : fatal error C1076: compiler limit : internal heap limit reached; use /Zm to specify a higher limit
c:\stlport2\stl\_vector.h(493) : while compiling class-template member function 'void __thiscall _STL::vector<void *,class _STL::allocator<struct _STL::pair<class ConnectionQueueItem * const,class MainFrame::ItemInfo *> > >::_M_clear(void)'
Error executing cl.exe.

MainFrm.obj - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I never got this error before. It just randomly appeared after i fucked with some build settings in an attempt to 'optimize for speed'. However, even after setting the settings back, the problem persists. If anyone has had a similar problem, please let me know what you did to kill it off. Thanks!

sarf

Re: heap limit error

Post by sarf » 2003-05-16 10:49

Whenever Visual Studio got cranky with my source codes and started bleating errors at me I just did a "rebuild all".

Also, I'd recommend to switch to Visual Studio .NET - it is slightly more stable (and a good bit larger with regards to disk-space).

Sarf
---
Smile! Cthulhu loves you!