BCDC++ Linking problem :-S (sorry to post this :-S)

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

MangaDav

BCDC++ Linking problem :-S (sorry to post this :-S)

Post by MangaDav » 2003-04-13 16:46

Hello all... I know I shouldn't ask this here but don't know where to ask my question...
please don't send me in the hall of fame ^_^;
In fact, it's about BCDC++...
When I try to compile DC++ 0.241, there is no problem but when I try to compile BCDC++ 0.241, I get those errors...
(I haven't paste the warnings, only the errors)
I have sent a PM to Arne to ask him 'cause he have (apparently) signed lots of added pages of BCDC++ but he hasn't answerd me :(
So I send my question here, as if I know it's a forum about DC++, not BCDC++ :-S

DCPlusPlus error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall Advanced3Page::write(void)" (?write@Advanced3Page@@UAEXXZ)

DCPlusPlus error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall BandwidthLimitPage::write(void)" (?write@BandwidthLimitPage@@UAEXXZ)

DCPlusPlus error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall Advanced3Page::onBrowse(unsigned short,unsigned short,struct HWND__ *,int &)" (?onBrowse@Advanced3Page@@QAEJGGPAUHWND__@@AAH@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall Advanced3Page::ProcessWindowMessage(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long,long &,unsigned long)" (?ProcessWindowMessage@Advanced3Page@@UAEHPAUHWND__@@IIJAAJK@Z)

DCPlusPlus error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall Advanced3Page::onInitDialog(unsigned int,unsigned int,long,int &)" (?onInitDialog@Advanced3Page@@QAEJIIJAAH@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall Advanced3Page::ProcessWindowMessage(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long,long &,unsigned long)" (?ProcessWindowMessage@Advanced3Page@@UAEHPAUHWND__@@IIJAAJK@Z)

DCPlusPlus error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall BandwidthLimitPage::onInitDialog(unsigned int,unsigned int,long,int &)" (?onInitDialog@BandwidthLimitPage@@QAEJIIJAAH@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall BandwidthLimitPage::ProcessWindowMessage(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long,long &,unsigned long)" (?ProcessWindowMessage@BandwidthLimitPage@@UAEHPAUHWND__@@IIJAAJK@Z)

DCPlusPlus error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl client(struct FnArgs_s *)" (?client@@YAXPAUFnArgs_s@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Socket::startZebedeeClient(void)" (?startZebedeeClient@Socket@@QAEXXZ)

DCPlusPlus error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl server(struct FnArgs_s *)" (?server@@YAXPAUFnArgs_s@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Socket::startZebedeeServer(void)" (?startZebedeeServer@Socket@@QAEXXZ)

DCPlusPlus error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PlaySoundA@12 referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl PrivateFrame::gotMessage(class Pointer<class User> const &,class _STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const &,struct HWND__ *,class FlatTabCtrl *)" (?gotMessage@PrivateFrame@@SAXABV?$Pointer@VUser@@@@ABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL@@PAUHWND__@@PAVFlatTabCtrl@@@Z)

DCPlusPlus fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-04-13 17:07

Arnetheduck hasn't signed any of the added source files in BCDC, BlackClaw just used other DC++ files as templates.

There's no real rhyme or reason I see to the unresolved externals. Have you just done a rebuild, or a clean and build?

(Ah, but Atomic points out that you must be using VS6, whose project files are out of date.)
Last edited by GargoyleMT on 2003-04-13 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

Atomic Jo

Post by Atomic Jo » 2003-04-13 20:54

Try to add Advanced3Page.cpp (and .h) and bandwidthPage.cpp (.h) to your DCPlusPlus project, and in the DCPlusplus settings properties put the winmm.lib in the appropriate textbox and finally add the existant project nammed zebedee.

MangaDav

Post by MangaDav » 2003-04-13 23:47

Ah, I've thought arntheduck was the author 'cause on the advanced3page, it was his nick in the CVS username...
Then, I'll send him a PM to do him apologizes ;)

Anyway, thank you very much, I'll try what you've explain and tell you if it works :)

cologic
Programmer

Post by cologic » 2003-04-15 09:04

I think I updated the name this time, and put an email address there. Whoops.