-= U P D A T E 1 =- AARRGGH!!! DC++ 0.241 keeps CRASHING!!

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

sik-fok

-= U P D A T E 1 =- AARRGGH!!! DC++ 0.241 keeps CRASHING!!

Post by sik-fok » 2003-04-07 15:30

I wont give up 0.241 shall work!!!!

im using XP by the way(no comment), it now even stops more frequently!
it's kind of weird having a download program wich says to me that it will shut down and will make an file....wich won't generate at all!

Then downing from this site (through some handy work )
the older version 0.233! and placing it on my desktop double klick
and 0.241 pops open having no proplems at all
(it was allready running yet it wouldn't pop-up from my taskbar!!?)

I WANT THE NEWER AND DEFINITLT IMPROVED VERSION 0.25 or something to come out soon PLEASE :(

[PREVIOUS POST]
First i installed over the older version (0.233)
and it didn't say how much hubs i had open! :shock:

You can imagine how much fun that could be at some hubs :evil:

Next thing you know! (i reinstalled windows....clean, without anything else then re-installed DC++ 0.241)

Suddenly it gave random errors and finaly stops, saying that i should have an file witch would tell you guys what went wrong...cool.....at least that's what i thought at first, THERE WAS NO FILE :evil:

wel what is my option....
yes i went back to the old and good working 0.233
Last edited by sik-fok on 2003-04-08 13:53, edited 6 times in total.

Marvin

Post by Marvin » 2003-04-07 16:35

sik-fok wrote:... back to the old and good working 0.233
This is wise ! Basically, new features are introduced in 0.xx, with 0.xx1 coming few days after to fix some small bugs, then 0.xx2 fixes some big bugs introduced by 0.xx and some small new bugs in 0.xx1, and so on. So 0.xx3 is probably more stable than 0.yy or 0.yy1, although (because ?) it has less features.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: AARRGGH!!! DC++ 0.241 keeps CRASHING!!

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-04-07 21:54

sik-fok wrote:Suddenly it gave random errors and finaly stops, saying that i should have an file witch would tell you guys what went wrong...cool.....at least that's what i thought at first, THERE WAS NO FILE
Yeah, if it crashes with 0.233 or before and you're not on XP, it won't produce a useful crash log. Because, honestly, from your description, I can't make heads or tails of what you did and what was happening. So a log would've been invaluable. :)