Dld filelists - problems with new -> old DC++ clients

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

midiox

Dld filelists - problems with new -> old DC++ clients

Post by midiox » 2006-10-10 15:20

Hi all! Yes, I have seen that this problem is already in the buglist and as far as I understand it is not a bug really but just because some major change in DC++ filelist system. But anyway it was sad to not upgrade to newer DC++ based client because one of my favourite users have a filelist that I cannot download with newer DC++ - it says "File not available" .
I am a programming student with 5 years C++ experience so I think I could compile DC++ from the source and I could modify the source. The only problem is - are there any modifications I can make to get back downloading from older DC++ clients? Could you show me what exactly should I do?
Thanks.

eMTee

Post by eMTee » 2006-10-10 15:42

You can get all information from the svn. This is the commit where old filelist support removed http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dcplu ... vision=605
If you compile the latest build you should check more since support for search/download from a non-TTH capable client is also removed lately.
You can also downgrade to the last version what still has the capability of handle old filelists. That is 0.689. Old versions can be downloaded here : http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dcplusplus/?download
Last edited by eMTee on 2006-10-10 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone's got their opinions - They'll tell ya 'bout 'em all the time... /* Spock's Beard */

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Re: Dld filelists - problems with new -> old DC++ client

Post by Guitarm » 2006-10-10 15:48

midiox wrote:I am a programming student with 5 years C++ experience
midiox wrote:Could you show me what exactly should I do?
Ehm...with that much experience you should be able to find it with ease. There's also threads in here that describe this very well. Use the force Luke...
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."

midiox

Post by midiox » 2006-10-10 16:29

Although I have C++ experience I know little abot DC++ internal structures, I even did not know what to look for! :lol: (thanks for your answers now I know it is "nmdc file list support") :)
I just hoped there exists some "magical cure" that makes my DC++ back-compatible but it seems I have to do all myself ... The source is soooo big :(

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Post by Guitarm » 2006-10-10 16:38

Bah, 40K lines (incl. comments) of C++ code is not big :wink:
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."

poy

Post by poy » 2006-10-11 05:43

have we found a WTFU student? :lol:

midiox

Post by midiox » 2006-10-13 13:40

:D
Actally the problem is that at my university they do not teach deep C++ programming but bits of everything - Math, Statistics, Discrete math, Physics ... Delphi, HTML, Javascript , OOP, Algorithms and finally C++. So there is not really much time for C++ left if I wanna submit all the homeworks till deadlines.
And it is not easy to get into the source code if I know only how WinSocks work but do not know anything how DC++ uses sockets ... and English is not my native ...
But the hope dies the last :D And DC++ seems to be well commented.
:D