SSL Error

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

theanomaly

SSL Error

Post by theanomaly » 2006-10-04 00:03

I'm trying to hack the regular DC++ client into always using SSL for all tcp connections. It was pretty easy to go through the source and change all of the "secure" bools to be forced to true, and that lets me connect out to an ssl hub (ssl client -> stunnel -> verlihub). With multiple of such clients, I can connect and chat and download file lists normally. During file transfers however, the transfers always die a few seconds with "SocketException: SSL Error: socket layer receive error (-1,114)". It appears that the error is being thrown from SSLSocket::CheckSSL, but the fact that that function gets called every time regardless of whether or not there is an error makes it harder to trace back, plus the error message itself provides roughly zero help in solving the problem. Does anyone have any tips, including but not limited to where, if anywhere, there is any yaSSL documentation (because the yassl site provides little to nothing in the way of content)?

Thanks