Link error?

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

qwick

Link error?

Post by qwick » 2006-02-21 17:41

Hi, I am so close. I am compiling on MSVS.net 2003. All files build completely, but i get 3 errors when linking. The 3rd (I assume) i only a result of the other 2. These are the errors

Code: Select all

DCPlusPlus fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
DCPlusPlus error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete[](void *,struct TaoCrypt::new_t)" (??_V@YAXPAXUnew_t@TaoCrypt@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl TaoCrypt::tcArrayDelete<unsigned char>(unsigned char *)" (??$tcArrayDelete@E@TaoCrypt@@YAXPAE@Z)
DCPlusPlus error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct TaoCrypt::new_t TaoCrypt::tc" (?tc@TaoCrypt@@3Unew_t@1@A)
I have searched the forums like crazy, but i cannot find anything that helps. Please help me thanks :roll:

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2006-02-22 11:45

Did you clean the solution then build again? It looks like it can't find the code for one of the functions used (and defined) within the yassl library.

qwick

Post by qwick » 2006-02-22 17:15

Hi, thanks for the reply. I cleaned the solution and rebuilt it. Those errors went away! However now i have only 1 error left, in regards to Help. I cannot for the life of me find any documentation on this specific error in relation to DC++. I also have a few warnings; maybe they are related. This is what i get.

Code: Select all

c:\documents and settings\gavin\my documents\dc clients\dcplusplus-0.686-src\client\text.cpp(107): warning C4702: unreachable code
c:\Documents and Settings\Gavin\My Documents\DC Clients\DCPlusPlus-0.686-src\windows\ExListViewCtrl.cpp(50): warning C4288: nonstandard extension used : 'j' : loop control variable declared in the for-loop is used outside the for-loop scope; it conflicts with the declaration in the outer scope
c:\Documents and Settings\Gavin\My Documents\DC Clients\DCPlusPlus-0.686-src\windows\ExListViewCtrl.cpp(49): warning C4288: nonstandard extension used : 'j' : loop control variable declared in the for-loop is used outside the for-loop scope; it conflicts with the declaration in the outer scope
c:\Documents and Settings\Gavin\My Documents\DC Clients\DCPlusPlus-0.686-src\stlport\stl_user_config.h(90): warning C4005: '_STLP_NO_CUSTOM_IO' : macro redefinition
c:\Documents and Settings\Gavin\My Documents\DC Clients\DCPlusPlus-0.686-src\stlport\stl_user_config.h(90): warning C4005: '_STLP_NO_CUSTOM_IO' : macro redefinition
help error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building changelog"
I also included the BuildLog
Build Log

------- Build started: Project: help, Configuration: Release|Win32 -------

Command Lines

Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\Gavin\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000016.bat" with contents
[
@echo off
c:\Documents and Settings\Gavin\My Documents\DC Clients\DCPlusPlus-0.686-src\help\gen_changelog.py

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError
goto VCEnd
:VCReportError
echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building changelog"
exit 1
:VCEnd
]
Creating command line "C:\DOCUME~1\Gavin\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000016.bat"
Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\Gavin\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000017.bat" with contents
[
@echo off
compile.cmd

goto VCEnd
echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Compiling Help File"
exit 1
]
Creating command line "C:\DOCUME~1\Gavin\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000017.bat"

Output Window

Building changelog
'c:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building changelog"

Results

Build log was saved at "file://C:\Documents and Settings\Gavin\My Documents\DC Clients\DCPlusPlus-0.686-src\vc7\Release\help\BuildLog.htm"
help - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2006-02-22 17:20

Did you install Python?

ullner
Forum Moderator

Post by ullner » 2006-02-22 18:51

qwick wrote: I also have a few warnings; maybe they are related. This is what i get. [...]
They are not related.
For the record, you don't need the help project. DC++ will run fine without it.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2006-02-23 11:53

qwick wrote:I also included the BuildLog
Build Log

------- Build started: Project: help, Configuration: Release|Win32 -------

Command Lines

Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\Gavin\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000016.bat" with contents
[
@echo off
c:\Documents and Settings\Gavin\My Documents\DC Clients\DCPlusPlus-0.686-src\help\gen_changelog.py

goto VCEnd
echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building changelog"
exit 1
]
Creating command line "C:\DOCUME~1\Gavin\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000016.bat"
Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\Gavin\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000017.bat" with contents
[
@echo off
compile.cmd

goto VCEnd
echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Compiling Help File"
exit 1
]
Creating command line "C:\DOCUME~1\Gavin\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000017.bat"

Output Window

Building changelog
'c:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building changelog"

Results

Build log was saved at "file://C:\Documents and Settings\Gavin\My Documents\DC Clients\DCPlusPlus-0.686-src\vc7\Release\help\BuildLog.htm"
help - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Look at the portions I've bolded.

Try modifying the files so that the script's directory is quoted.