Suggestion for this error

Problems compiling? Don't understand the source code? Don't know how to code your feature? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

max-holz

Suggestion for this error

Post by max-holz » 2005-11-28 08:11

Any suggestions for this error during compilation?

Code: Select all

Compiling resources...
Linking...
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_connect@4 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall SSLSocket::connect(class stlp_std::basic_string,class stlp_std::allocator > const &,short)" (?connect@SSLSocket@@UAEXABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@stlp_std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@stlp_std@@F@Z)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_set_fd@8 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall SSLSocket::connect(class stlp_std::basic_string,class stlp_std::allocator > const &,short)" (?connect@SSLSocket@@UAEXABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@stlp_std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@stlp_std@@F@Z)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_write@12 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall SSLSocket::write(void const *,int)" (?write@SSLSocket@@UAEHPBXH@Z)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_shutdown@4 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall SSLSocket::shutdown(void)" (?shutdown@SSLSocket@@UAEXXZ)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_free@4 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall SSLSocket::close(void)" (?close@SSLSocket@@UAEXXZ)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_CTX_free@4 referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall SSLSocketFactory::~SSLSocketFactory(void)" (??1SSLSocketFactory@@UAE@XZ)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_new@4 referenced in function "private: __thiscall SSLSocket::SSLSocket(class yaSSL::SSL_CTX *)" (??0SSLSocket@@AAE@PAVSSL_CTX@yaSSL@@@Z)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file@12 referenced in function "public: __thiscall SSLSocketFactory::SSLSocketFactory(void)" (??0SSLSocketFactory@@QAE@XZ)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file@12 referenced in function "public: __thiscall SSLSocketFactory::SSLSocketFactory(void)" (??0SSLSocketFactory@@QAE@XZ)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_CTX_set_verify@12 referenced in function "public: __thiscall SSLSocketFactory::SSLSocketFactory(void)" (??0SSLSocketFactory@@QAE@XZ)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @TLSv1_server_method@0 referenced in function "public: __thiscall SSLSocketFactory::SSLSocketFactory(void)" (??0SSLSocketFactory@@QAE@XZ)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_CTX_new@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall SSLSocketFactory::SSLSocketFactory(void)" (??0SSLSocketFactory@@QAE@XZ)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @TLSv1_client_method@0 referenced in function "public: __thiscall SSLSocketFactory::SSLSocketFactory(void)" (??0SSLSocketFactory@@QAE@XZ)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @ERR_error_string@8 referenced in function "private: int __thiscall SSLSocket::checkSSL(int)" (?checkSSL@SSLSocket@@AAEHH@Z)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_get_error@8 referenced in function "private: int __thiscall SSLSocket::checkSSL(int)" (?checkSSL@SSLSocket@@AAEHH@Z)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_accept@4 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall SSLSocket::accept(class Socket const &)" (?accept@SSLSocket@@UAEXABVSocket@@@Z)
client.lib(SSLSocket.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @SSL_read@12 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall SSLSocket::read(void *,int)" (?read@SSLSocket@@UAEHPAXH@Z)
./App/DCPlusPlus.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 17 unresolved externals

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-11-28 09:38

Have you tried linking it with the library that provides the "@SSL_connect@4" and similar variables/functions?

max-holz

Post by max-holz » 2005-11-28 09:45

GargoyleMT wrote:Have you tried linking it with the library that provides the "@SSL_connect@4" and similar variables/functions?
There is no library in the Yassl package.

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2005-11-28 10:11

Is this the latest CVS code that you are compiling?
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

max-holz

Post by max-holz » 2005-11-28 10:16

TheParanoidOne wrote:Is this the latest CVS code that you are compiling?
Yes I have tried to compile it with VS2003, STLPort 5.0.0 and Yassl 1.0.6, I have included the stlport directory and lib one, for yassl I have included the two include directory that I have founded in the package.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-11-28 10:16

max-holz wrote:There is no library in the Yassl package.
Well, whatever is supposed to have the implementation for the functions it is complaining about is not getting linked into the libraries from the other portions of DC++. I've not played around with Yassl, so I cannot give you specific advice.

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Re: Suggestion for this error

Post by Guitarm » 2005-11-28 11:06

max-holz wrote:Any suggestions for this error during compilation?
I have compiled it with both 2003 and 2005 and I say...wait 'til arne gets the time to fix the CVS code.

Btw, I got these same errors with release compiling. No errors with debug compile but exceptions upon start of it.
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-11-28 19:05

It might have been more productive to mention that you couldn't open the yassl.vcproj project, too. The Yassl package doesn't include it, so it must be arne's creation. That is the source of the library that must be linked into DC++...

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-11-28 19:53

The solution to the missing .vcproj files is to let Visual Studio convert the .dsp files (yassl.dsp, taocrypt/taocrypt.dsp) for you.

Then you get a bunch of different errors. I'll leave solving them up to you - it's a good challenge.

Pothead

Post by Pothead » 2005-11-29 04:43

Guitarm wrote:
max-holz wrote:Any suggestions for this error during compilation?
I have compiled it with both 2003 and 2005 and I say...wait 'til arne gets the time to fix the CVS code.

Btw, I got these same errors with release compiling. No errors with debug compile but exceptions upon start of it.
I had same trouble with SQLite. Made a project file for it, and it would compile fine in debug mode, but external linker errors in Release mode.
Addition of this line fixed that (in the project file, release section. look where it already is in the debug mode version).
CallingConvention="1" :)

I also recommend you look at MatrixSSL. YassalSSL has about 10 different projects in the solution provided by it, which looks messy to say the least. The matrix one looks like it's actually made by people who use VS (no warnings at compile time), and want it included nicely in your solution (one project file). :)

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Post by Guitarm » 2005-11-29 08:19

Pothead wrote:Btw, I got these same errors with release compiling. No errors with debug compile but exceptions upon start of it. I had same trouble with SQLite. Made a project file for it, and it would compile fine in debug mode, but external linker errors in Release mode.
Addition of this line fixed that (in the project file, release section. look where it already is in the debug mode version).
CallingConvention="1" :)
I checked the .vcproj file(s) and there's a CallingConvention="1" there. e.g it's ok. But I saw that Arne had committed another CVS. I merged it with the "old" one and it compiled ok and runs ok too (so far...). But thanks for the info!
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."

max-holz

Post by max-holz » 2005-12-07 04:29

With latest CVS I get a strange error in the end of the compilation, fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'wtl\\atlres.h'. It seems like there isn't the wtl path in the include directory but I check it and the path is included correctly. Do you have the same problem or any suggestions?

Pothead

Post by Pothead » 2005-12-07 06:34

max-holz wrote:With latest CVS I get a strange error in the end of the compilation, fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'wtl\\atlres.h'. It seems like there isn't the wtl path in the include directory but I check it and the path is included correctly. Do you have the same problem or any suggestions?
Did you put the Contents of WTL\Include in the WTL\ of dc++ source ?

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-12-07 09:05

Pothead wrote:Did you put the Contents of WTL\Include in the WTL\ of dc++ source ?
I know I didn't, and I get that error too. But since the instructions in compile.txt indicate that's how arne wants it done, I guess I have no choice.